3 Point Shooting Expectations This Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3 Point Shooting Expectations This Year

Reaction Score
Polley, Bouk, and Cole will carry the load on 3s this year. As much improvement as Jackson has made on his shooting i dont see him shooting above 33% for the year. If he's hitting at 35% + on decent attempts per game then WATCH OUT.
Dont forget Gaffney. Has a nice smooth stroke and should get a lot of open looks with Bouk drawing a lot of attention.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Don’t forget about Adams. Hopefully he has improved his game a bit. With the limited history we have with Hurley developing players, I wouldn’t be surprised if Adams shoots over 40 percent behind the arc.
Everyone forgets Adams even though he averaged 8 ppg and made countless “winning” plays. Versatile “big guard” who can defend 4 positions and finish through contact. Yeah it’s a crowded backcourt with Cole and Jackson (and hopefully Martin) joining the fray but we’re also losing Vital and Gilbert.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Everyone forgets Adams even though he averaged 8 ppg and made countless “winning” plays. Versatile “big guard” who can defend 4 positions and finish through contact. Yeah it’s a crowded backcourt with Cole and Jackson (and hopefully Martin) joining the fray but we’re also losing Vital and Gilbert.
Just hard to see where the minutes come from.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just hard to see where the minutes come from.

Somehow Gaffney and Adams will get about 30-35 mpg combined.

Posters on this board are excited about the news about Cole from practices and the highlight tapes of Jackson. At some point, tape of Gaff and Adams producing against higher level D1 talent should be getting posters' attention too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When you have so many guys that can play, match-ups can end up deciding minutes. I think all these guys will get time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When you have so many guys that can play, match-ups can end up deciding minutes. I think all these guys will get time.
And hot hands. If BA gets in for a couple minutes and starts balling he’ll stay in. As talented as he may be I don’t see Jackson taking all of Brendan’s minutes from the jump.

Reaction Score
I expect Gaffney to make a considerable improvement in all things basketball including shooting. With Cole, Bouk, Polley, Jackson (even Adams), on the floor, defenses should sag off him. He should have lots of wide open looks.

Reaction Score
Adams is the most experienced guard off the bench, and he embraces doing the things that don’t show up in boxscores. Guys like that have a way of getting their minutes.

If you read Coach's game recaps closely, it's clear how valuable he thought Adams was and that Adams will continue to have a significant role.

Reaction Score
Gaffney has a very soft shot. He didn't get the rolls much last year but I think that will change. Adams fires grenades at the rim but the guy works so hard that his percentages will probably go up from sheer repetition.
Adams either makes 2 in a row or throws an airball. Total feast or famine type shooter.

Reaction Score
College basketball is built on stops and the ability to hit the 3. Am I thrilled we have high flyers that will make the crowd go ooh and ahh? Yes of course but the quickest way to put games away or stretch a lead is to make those 3’s at critical times.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes of course but the quickest way to put games away or stretch a lead is to make those 3’s at critical times.
Too bad we lost the one guy who showed he could make it. Sid.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Adams will continue to improve as a 3 pt shooter as we go on.
He just seems like a kid that works harder than most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom