3 Point Shooting Expectations This Year | The Boneyard

3 Point Shooting Expectations This Year

Reaction Score
On first glance the potential seems to be there for some pretty great results this year. Polley and Cole right off the bat and if Bouk and Gaffney make a step forward it looks good. Waiting on Jackson to see what his capabilities are but freshman often need time with their nerves.

Reaction Score
Last year, Alterique was a 31.8% 3P shooter at 3.6 attempts/game and Vital was a 34.6% 3P shooter at 6.2 attempts/game.

His last year at Howard, Cole was a 3P 38.7% shooter at 6.4 attempts/game.

Right there, there's potential a huge jump in efficiency.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Last year, Alterique was a 31.8% 3P shooter at 3.6 attempts/game and Vital was a 34.6% 3P shooter at 6.2 attempts/game.

His last year at Howard, Cole was a 3P 38.7% shooter at 6.4 attempts/game.

Right there, there's potential a huge jump in efficiency.

The year before for AG and vital would be a better Comp to compare to Cole due to the change is the 3pt like distance

Reaction Score
Polley, Bouk, and Cole will carry the load on 3s this year. As much improvement as Jackson has made on his shooting i dont see him shooting above 33% for the year. If he's hitting at 35% + on decent attempts per game then WATCH OUT.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I expect Cole, Bouknight, and Polley to all be in the 35-41% range.

I think Gaffney will shoot well percentage wise but I don't see him jacking up a bunch of them.

Same with Brendan Adams. Every time I see him shoot a 3 it looks awful from my view, but enough of them go in.

Team will definitely improve its 3pt % this year; even with Vital gone.

Reaction Score
This is the area of offense that probably concerns me the most. Cole was an above average shooter from 3 albeit not quite at this level. I'm guessing his shooting will translate fairly well. Bouk was only so-so but we've seen that he's been working hard and I would expect a jump from freshman to sophomore year. Polley proved to be a very good perimeter shooter. By all accounts he has rehabbed well but we'll have to see if there are any lingering issues. Gaffney will get better and Adams has his moments. Not exactly a murderer's row of shooting. Considering all the tools, we might just need this area to be solid if not spectacular.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Shooting is by far the biggest concern, especially with people writing polley off as a fringe role player.

Reaction Score
Shooting is by far the biggest concern, especially with people writing polley off as a fringe role player.

If Polley is knocking down a lot of threes he will find minutes.

Reaction Score
I think Gaffney will shoot well percentage wise but I don't see him jacking up a bunch of them.

Same with Brendan Adams. Every time I see him shoot a 3 it looks awful from my view, but enough of them go in.

Team will definitely improve its 3pt % this year; even with Vital gone.

Gaffney has a very soft shot. He didn't get the rolls much last year but I think that will change. Adams fires grenades at the rim but the guy works so hard that his percentages will probably go up from sheer repetition.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
People are righting him off but the fact that he doesn't have to try to bang down low anymore, really opens him up to be a really good one trick pony. Honestly If he can bring that sweet stroke back and literally focus on just that he could be one of the best spot shooters in the country. Plus I always thought of Tyler as CLUTCH. He always hits big threes down the stretch.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Gaffney has a very soft shot. He didn't get the rolls much last year but I think that will change. Adams fires grenades at the rim but the guy works so hard that his percentages will probably go up from sheer repetition.
I believe Gaffney was a highly touted shooter coming in. I really thought Bouknight's shot came together when his confidence grew. Heard nothing but good things about Cole's shot but will be a much harder to get shots off in the NBE then it was in the MEAC.

Reaction Score
I thought Polley had made "the leap" just before his injury. If he's back, he's a top player and I trust DH to get the most from him.
Key Phrase there Hurley is def going to get the most out of everyone this year. He knows things are def more within grasp then ever before. With potential leaves due to NBA i think this is the year. Go Huskies!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone with a basic knowledge of basketball stats isn't. Having a dynamite shooter in the floor changes the geography of the game big time. He will start if healthy
I'm guessing in the next few years it'll become common knowledge. People are still resistant implementing 'math' into their sport.

Reaction Score
I believe Gaffney was a highly touted shooter coming in. I really thought Bouknight's shot came together when his confidence grew. Heard nothing but good things about Cole's shot but will be a much harder to get shots off in the NBE then it was in the MEAC.
But Cole was THE focus of everyone, now a lot more options. Don’t underestimate that. Agree on Gaffney having more in the tank. I thought he had more of an athlete Rep, but i was underwhelmed in that regard but that may have been his tentativeness. But really liked his shot. Bouk gonna be solid, he will be unstoppable and oozing confidence.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1591398638767.gif

Reaction Score
Don’t forget about Adams. Hopefully he has improved his game a bit. With the limited history we have with Hurley developing players, I wouldn’t be surprised if Adams shoots over 40 percent behind the arc.

Reaction Score
I'm expecting something like this:

Above Average (35-38%): Cole, Bouk, Polley
Average (30-34%): Gaffney, Adams, Martin (?)
Below Average (<30%): Jackson, Akok

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom