2nd year in a row they laid an egg | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2nd year in a row they laid an egg

Reaction Score
Hurley is 13-24 at UConn in games decided by 2 possessions or less. That doesn’t include tonight where free throws ballooned it at the end. He has to learn to manage close games. Hate to be that guy, but I’m growing discontent with him…
A single tournament win and would've been screaming extension. Two years in a row same result (conference and Ncaa)

Reaction Score
Brad Stevens is down the pike. I want Hurley to be the guy badly, but were Uconn not Iowa why can't we upgrade, and Hurley isnt Calhoun.
Stevens makes like $5 million a year. He's not coming to UConn unless the Celtics fire him. And Celtics ownership likes him so I don't think he's going anywhere in the short term.

Reaction Score
Hurley is 13-24 at UConn in games decided by 2 possessions or less. That doesn’t include tonight where free throws ballooned it at the end. He has to learn to manage close games. Hate to be that guy, but I’m growing discontent with him…
It would help if they started games better. 22 points in a first half isn't coming out ready to play.

Reaction Score
Did not chase the ball and play hard. We could have won but the effort was not there. If you aren't up for NCAA Tourney game, what's going on? Some thoughtless plays and bad fouls.

Thanks Isiah and Tyler for coming back. Wish it was a better ending.
It sure seemed to be the case. Got out rebounded, many grab fouls in front of refs, missed two key break-a-ways in the first half. Sanogo needs to have a dunk in this game. Our offense is limited to three players, all three of which scored 6 points in the first half. What???? How does that happen???? Jackson looks like a sure bet to rush in for a dunk and passes out to corner. Seems like we've seen this game before. The talent is there but something is missing. Poor Cole, he carried us on his shoulders, we need one more like him and we might have won five more games this season.

Reaction Score
I agree on roster next year, it won't be near this year

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Exactly. That was the ballgame right there.
Even so...

Polley makes his 3 at just under 10 minutes and we run them out of the building.

Sanogo doesn't foul Allen on an otherwise airball as the clock is expiring, we just out work them and win.

Without concussion, we have the just one more piece we needed to have gotten to the Sweet 16 (or more).

Reaction Score
I do not want to hear any bullshit from Hurley in the offseason. No catchy gimmicks about time. No you better get us now. This was a complete mess tonight. We were always chasing as they set the tone. Just like when we play Creighton. Benedict better make him win something before you reup. No more getting hosed financially from bad AD screwups.

Orc

Reaction Score
Yes. A point that can run the court, dish, drive, and shoot. Give me someone on the wing that can drill the three, and Sanogo down low. We need a trio of offensive threats to be a contender.
Not a fan of AJ. Hes a huge liability on offense will never average more than 8 points here. Need an upgrade on the 2 spot badly

Reaction Score
to everyone declaring hurley has one more year to win a tourney game....if both cole and martin leave we dont have a chance of even making the tourney, so i guess it wont be long before hurley's fate could be decided.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of AJ. Hes a huge liability on offense will never average more than 8 points here. Need an upgrade on the 2 spot badly
I am actually thankful for him but we do need a commander there. I love our guys and the ones that teansferred and stayed, but damn, if we show no O with new guys in, we are gonna be really screwed.

Reaction Score
This goes back to not wanting a 5 seed-it is a death sentence. Oh, and our mojo geniuses are awful: Providence won and we lost.
The 5 seed is a death sentence because it tracks you into a matchup with the 1 seed prior to the regional finals. But you've got to get to the Sweet 16 first for that to even matter.

Reaction Score
Didn’t want to believe it because I love Hurley but he’s the guy that could get us back to the tournament, not the guy that can get us far into the tournament.

Reaction Score
Next years roster has somewhere between 8-10 top 100 recruits on it, the talent level should be higher, if we cannot win a game next year in the tournament i will continue to be sad
cole was our best player and he was barely in the top 500 as a recruit

a starting lineup of gaff / hawk / aj / akok / sanogo stinks

we need 2 proven starters to transfer into the program if we're gonna win a tourney game

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We are becoming like Pitt when Jamie Dixon was coaching there . Team is full is athletes that cannot shoot and offense is unwatchable
This is an uncomfortable post to read. My best defense is that it's a year to too soon to make such a call.

Reaction Score
I do not want to hear any Stop from Hurley in the offseason. No catchy gimmicks about time. No you better get us now. This was a complete mess tonight. We were always chasing as they set the tone. Just like when we play Creighton. Benedict better make him win something before you reup. No more getting hosed financially from bad AD screwups.
It's not time to fire the guy yet. But I wholeheartedly agree about him skipping the gimmick crap. We've reached the point where it's no longer "rally the troops"- it's about him learning how to prepare for games better (meaning having plans A, B, C, and D in your pocket at the jump ball) and being ready to course correct during the flow of the game if/when the other team adjusts to your plan A. I'm sick of "we need to play defense harder", "we need to rebound better", "we need to chase loose balls harder", etc., etc. All of those should be a given, coach, but they're not a strategy.

Reaction Score
We didn’t make Allen uncomfortable enough. Or when we did we bailed him out with a foul.
You can say that again the Sanogo foul on the Allen 3 that arguably was not going to go in, also the Andre foul on the fade away to the baseline moving shot …. COME ON MAN!!! Although I admire Andre for all the visible improvement he has made over the last season, for us to really make that next jump he needs to be in the gym over the next 6-8 months day in day out for 10 hours. I’m sure he will do this though, next year should be a bigger step.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom