2nd half Mojo fixing thread- Md vs UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2nd half Mojo fixing thread- Md vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Keep Kelly in for the quadruple-double! (Just kidding - not enough time to accumulate everything she needs)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did you watch it? Hackfest and turnover fest. This is turnovers on one side but the fouling hasn't been as out of control. 1st half of UK UL game was hands down the worst I've seen all year except TN GT boys where neither team hit 40.
Yes I watched it. This is no better, not any worse, but no better. Terrible game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Doris keeps harping on how we're not seeing MD at their best. Nor are we seeing UCONN at their best. It wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the lowest offensive output of the season. SOME credit to MD but we are missing a lot of shots we usually make.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Really disappointed in the juniors. Dolson should be having a field day down there but is not working enough and than she gets an easy layup and misses. Hartley with a half hearted attempt at a pull up jumper that is a brick.
Completely disagree about Stef she is working her butt off.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, we won each half but only won the second half by 2.

Reaction Score
I hope Kelly Faris gets player of the game...best game I've seen by any player this year. Made a first team AA disappear...2 for 12 with 8 TO's...and completely fills the scorecard...7 rebounds...7 assists...8 steals...8 points on 4 of 6 shooting. This woman could produce a quadruple double if Geno asked her to...!

Reaction Score
Banks played well tonight. She seemed very hesitant in the first half but got her feet under her in the second. Glad she capitalized on KML's minutes tonight.

I said to everyone I would admit she improved when I saw her play well in a big game. Tonight she did that and proved to me her value. Good for her. Hope she keeps it up.

Reaction Score
That was some battle in the paint...Breanna...welcome to Division 1 basketball...can't say her cool was dented!!! Good, physical preparation for Stanford and Baylor...

Reaction Score
Kaleena...get well soon, the only thing we really missed for a blowout was that downpour of KML treys...!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Doris keeps harping on how we're not seeing MD at their best. Nor are we seeing UCONN at their best. It wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the lowest offensive output of the season. SOME credit to MD but we are missing a lot of shots we usually make.

In her defense, they were playing without two key players.

U

UCONNfan1

UCONN also misses shots it normally makes vs. the cupcakes, meaning the miss 3's, etc etc. I think UCONN fans need to give some credit to Maryland's defense. This was hardly the blowout that most fans expected (see the guess the score thread). This game was not close because "UCONN had a bad game". It was close because Maryland is a good team.

For those tho think UCONN beats Stanford by 20+, this should be your wake up call.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
And another three by the Bankster.

Banks covered for KML for most of the 2nd half -- playing the 3 as much or more than she did the 2.

If she keeps playing at this high level she may be the Big East 6th man of the year.

She is probably UConn's best dribbler/ball handler; and she is faster, quicker, and more efficient than Moriah. She will have a big impact on the Huskies success thi year.

Tonight, she made big baskets at key moments in the game for UConn.

Her confidence is sky high. She is a potential AA down the road.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UCONN also misses shots it normally makes vs. the cupcakes, meaning the miss 3's, etc etc. I think UCONN fans need to give some credit to Maryland's defense. This was hardly the blowout that most fans expected (see the guess the score thread). This game was not close because "UCONN had a bad game". It was close because Maryland is a good team.

For those tho think UCONN beats Stanford by 20+, this should be your wake up call.
KML plays the second half and we win by 30.

U

UCONNfan1

KML plays the second half and we win by 30.
Maybe. And if Maryland hadn't lost 2 players to injury, maybe they win. My point is that UCONN fans overwhelmingly predicted a 30-40 point win. Maybe it would have happened with KML, maybe not, but it's funny how UCONN "struggles " on offense when we play good teams and people try to chalk it up to "but if we made the shots we usually make, we win by a lot more"...

It's highly possible that the reason UCONN didn't make the shots it normally makes is because Maryland played a terrific game.

Also, Jefferson, Stokes, Doty and Tuck contributed 4 points off the bench. That's pretty much zero for all intents and purposes. Not ready for prime time? Bad matchups? Bottom line is they all produced against cupcakes and two top 25'ish teams in Purdue and Tex AM. Haven't seen the game yet but offensively they were a bust.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Guess I better rethink my prediction of a 25 point win at Stanford. It also appears that the players thar Baylor will be bringing off the bench (Pope, Johnson and Prince) may contribute more than the UCONN bench as Banks appears to be the only one prepared and contribute offensively. I'm not sure that Geno will go past Doty and Banks against Stanford and Baylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom