282nd in 3-point shooting pecentage | The Boneyard

282nd in 3-point shooting pecentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Its tough to watch them keep missing these shots this year, especially when we went from such a good 3 point shooting team last season at just under 39%. I think we all expected to be at least decent. Unfortunately Purvis, Cassell Jr and Hamilton have not been consistent. And Cassell Jr expecially is not providing the outside shot. We can hope that Calhoun can.

Reaction Score
KO says "it's in the pass" which I don't argue with, but to me me it's more like it's in the genes.

Reaction Score
I wish some of the others had the agressive mindset of
KO says "it's in the pass" which I don't argue with, but to me me it's more like it's in the genes.

KO makes a valid point. But we watched on numerous occasions both Purvis and DHam will receive a pass with room to shot and decide to drive into traffic.

Reaction Score
It's just so odd to see Cassell struggle so mightily from 3. He showed so much promise in the exhibition games. Yeah, they were against crap teams, but that shouldn't magically make someone a better shooter. It's not like he's missing only contested shots.

Reaction Score
It's just so odd to see Cassell struggle so mightily from 3. He showed so much promise in the exhibition games. Yeah, they were against crap teams, but that shouldn't magically make someone a better shooter. It's not like he's missing only contested shots.

He's not getting open shots for a couple of reasons. He isn't fast enough for now to get open looks he creates on his own. The other is he won't go by anyone and hurt them so why not guard him right up in his nose? If people can shoot and get to the rim they're obviously tougher to guard so basically we need more of those! LOL

And we need to make FT's, not just 3's.

Reaction Score
I remember Talik making 3's senior year in key spots. TSam should be able to and I'll bet he makes them in practice. 282nd! Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
He's not getting open shots for a couple of reasons. He isn't fast enough for now to get open looks he creates on his own. The other is he won't go by anyone and hurt them so why not guard him right up in his nose? If people can shoot and get to the rim they're obviously tougher to guard so basically we need more of those! LOL

And we need to make FT's, not just 3's.

Most of Cassell shots are open shots. He got into the lane twice against Temple, made room and got off clean shots. Both were bricks but he had space. He just isn't knocking down shots. Tough to fault him when no one is knocking down shots.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I remember Talik making 3's senior year in key spots. TSam should be able to and I'll bet he makes them in practice. 282nd! Unbelievable.

Taliek hit one three-pointer as a senior.

But, it was a good one.

Taliek couldn't shoot. Terrence can't shoot.

For the most part, you're either a shooter or you're not - one of the issues with this team is that too many of them are not and will never be better-than-average shooters.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Taliek was almost not awful on threes in his sophomore year - he was something like 10-30. (1-1 from 35')

But he made only one three a year in his junior and senior seasons.

But it wasn't a huge deal given Ben Gordon, Rashard Anderson, Denham Brown and Tony Robertson. Those four hit about 40% combined in '03.

Reaction Score
My favorite part about the video is always Calhoun after the foul. Yells "Taliek!" a couple of times and then just says "fk it" and waves his hands.

Reaction Score
Hopefully by the end of the season we can move up 250 spots and be 32nd.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
im not really worried about the 3 pt shooting as i am with the free throws we're missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom