28 Olympic team | Page 6 | The Boneyard

28 Olympic team

Reaction Score
@UcMiami

By and large, I thought Coach Reeve did a solid job with this team; in particular with the adjustments of Young, Copper, etc.
My only ???/gripe was why she didn't give Griner a stint in the second half. Her short run in the first half was relatively effective and I thought her appearance could've thrown a different look at the French.

Outside of that, my major quibble with this team still probably had to do with the construction, which we've covered and, to some degree, Coach Reeve was dealing with, as well.

We'll know soon enough because Berlin 2026 and preparations for it are really not far away.
I was watching the Canadian broadcast and I recall Megan McPeak who covers the Mystics speculating that it could be due to the issues of guards being unable to get passes inside. With all the turnovers, I can understand that guess.

Reaction Score
I was watching the Canadian broadcast and I recall Megan McPeak who covers the Mystics speculating that it could be due to the issues of guards being unable to get passes inside. With all the turnovers, I can understand that guess.
I think it takes a very good passer to thread the needle at the appropriate height for a big being double & triple-guarded down low. That's why I didn't understand DT on the bench. They play on the same team, they do that all the time. BG could've had her way inside, but the people on the floor spent their time dribbling instead of passing that ball around the horn and then shooting it inside to her.

The French defense stifled them and to some extent I think they were caught off guard. Not sure they thought it was going to be a cake walk, but I don't think they expected that level of intensity.

Now I realize through the thread DT may have had back pain, but she's a gamer and I bet she could've put in some minutes if necessary.

WBBTakeover

Manifesting EDD to the Aces in 2025
Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard never tries and has looked totally disinterested in every gamer she ever plays. I would take Alisha Gray over her.
I do not agree with this sentiment. Rhyne works hard on both sides of the ball. She can stand to be more efficient, but the effort is there.

And I say that as a fan of Allisha Gray.

Reaction Score
I think it depends a lot on who is coaching - I heard a report that AT wasn't going to camp until Cheryl called her and ask her to come - she felt that USA wasn't looking for her 'style of player.' And she probably would have been right with a different coach. Angel McC who Geno loved, might not have been given a chance by a different coach, etc.

I would not be surprised if Griner retires before 2028. Between Russian jail and aging she is slower than she used to be. Still great talent and you can't beat the size, but ...

As with this cycle, I think the front court is a more settled situation barring injuries - A'ja, Breanna, and Phee will be back and be the core. The guards/wings are more of a question to me as no one has 'demanded' they be consider a core player - you can make a case for each, but you can make a case against each, which is what has been true with the WC and Olympics since 2018 - they haven't found the next DT or Sue.

I actually think Clark and Paige could be the NEXT as that would be quite a back court.
The guards were the problem this year. Their needs to be an upgrade there. Lack of consistent shooting, playmaking, and defense were big problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom