25 minute thread - best Vodka -grey goose or Belvedere? | The Boneyard

25 minute thread - best Vodka -grey goose or Belvedere?

Reaction Score
Headed to the liquor store for 11 am eastern. Anyone have suggestions for the best vodka? Usually a grey goose guy but willing to take some suggestions.

Reaction Score
I like belvedere. Tito’s seems to be the most popular by far. Last year at a vegas pool party (R.i.p Vegas pool parties) a bottle of Tito’s was priced more than greygoose despite it costing less at the store because everyone wants Tito’s.

Reaction Score
I took a blind taste test at a friends house last year. I was convinced that Tito’s was the best vodka going. Vodka is my drink. I tried them all and loved ordering top shelf. I’m a bad ass like that...:rolleyes:

We set up 4 different vodkas; Tito’s, Smirnoff, Grey Goose and and old bottle of absolute. None of us got any of them right.
And guess which one I was convinced was Tito’s?

yup, Smirnoff

Now that’s all I drink for vodka. It’s much less cost and tastes great. The only trouble I have is buying a plastic bottle, it makes me feel cheap.

but the reality is that theres just really not much of a difference when it comes to vodka.

If you don’t believe me, try it yourself.

Reaction Score
A little Vodka trivia.. Costco's Kirkland brand ..per a Costco liquor buyer..Is Grey Goose private labeled.. Best local vodka is V1..Winner of many national/international tasting contests..Hands down..V1 is distributed out of Springfield made in Poland..Limited distribution in Ct.. Best shot to find it is in Mass.. Table and Vine or Yankee Liquors/Spirits..You won't be disappointed..

Reaction Score
Headed to the liquor store for 11 am eastern. Anyone have suggestions for the best vodka? Usually a grey goose guy but willing to take some suggestions.
Between GG and B..Depends on which grain you like more..GG is wheat..Belvedere is rye..

Reaction Score
I read something a while ago about taking any vodka, even cheap stuff, and if you put it though a Brita water filter, it removes any impurities and converts the cheap stuff into as good as any vodka no matter the price. Those vodkas that say "distilled ten times"- that's what the Brita filter does one time. Might not be true, but it sounded plausible.

Reaction Score
A little Vodka trivia.. Costco's Kirkland brand ..per a Costco liquor buyer..Is Grey Goose private labeled.. Best local vodka is V1..Winner of many national/international tasting contests..Hands down..V1 is distributed out of Springfield made in Poland..Limited distribution in Ct.. Best shot to find it is in Mass.. Table and Vine or Yankee Liquors/Spirits..You won't be disappointed..
there are two costco vodkas. I like the cheap $9/handle one, I do not like the $15/handle one.

Reaction Score
I read something a while ago about taking any vodka, even cheap stuff, and if you put it though a Brita water filter, it removes any impurities and converts the cheap stuff into as good as any vodka no matter the price. Those vodkas that say "distilled ten times"- that's what the Brita filter does one time. Might not be true, but it sounded plausible.
it's true but brita filters are more expensive than just buying better booze.

Reaction Score
Tall bottle..No handles.. Different price point than GG.. $35-40 for a bigger bottle.. I believe its their only size for that premium brand..
a handle is a half gallon. doesn't matter if it actually has a handle on the bottle...

Reaction Score
a handle is a half gallon. doesn't matter if it actually has a handle on the bottle...
Not hip to that..Guess I'm old school when a handle meant a handle..My bad..I still maintain that the premium brand at Costco ..Costs around 35-40..Will not disappoint you..Usually am buying half gallon bottles..None have handles that I buy.... Back in the day..Gross generalization.. Handles on bottles meant the lower end stuff..There are exceptions to that generalization..LOL..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ketel then Tito’s for me but you can’t go wrong with the Costco or Sam’s house vodkas, which are very good. The big issue I have with those is that I wouldn’t serve them to guests unless they were close buddies. (Sorry if that’s pretentious)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Isn’t the whole point of vodka to have little taste? I think I read a consumers report study that tried the Brita filtering, it takes multiple trips through fresh filters to reach premium vodka levels.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If you don't care about impressing your friends with the label and just want a cheap but very drinkable vodka I'd suggest Grays Peak.

Also I'd suggest trying the Evan Williams Small Batch 1793 if anyone is looking for a drinkable cheap whiskey.

Both the Grays Peak and the Evan Williams run about $24 for the big 1.75L bottles down here in TN. May be a little more up north, but probably still much cheaper than the big label brands.

Reaction Score
There is a vodka which is decently priced called zyr. It’s by far the best vodka I’ve ever tasted. It got the highest scores ever given for a vodka by wine enthusiast. You should try it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom