25 minute thread - best Vodka -grey goose or Belvedere? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

25 minute thread - best Vodka -grey goose or Belvedere?

Reaction Score
Beluga by far the best for drinking straight. No fruit or mixer needed. If mixing, pretty much anything mentioned so far is adequate. Beluga Gold on a whole nother level, but pricey.

Reaction Score
The best vodka I’ve ever had is Bedlam. I don’t know if it’s available in CT. It’s made in Durham, NC.

Reaction Score
For mixed drinks, I switched off Tito's to New Amsterdam last year. I couldn't tell the difference and it was cheaper.

Reaction Score
there are two costco vodkas. I like the cheap $9/handle one, I do not like the $15/handle one.
The two vodkas at Costco, according to their knowledgeable liquor store guy, were made to resemble two of the top brands mentioned here. The frosted, blue lettered bottle is similar to Titos and the larger clear glass bottle with a red V is like Grey Goose. Haven’t tried the GG yet, but the Titios version does taste very similar and for half the price.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Adding to our first two...we love Effen vodka, too. The cucumber is fabulous!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A little late to the party. I prefer the Chopin potato vodka.

Zubrowka bison grass vodka is great chilled

We need to hang. Chopin is head and shoulders above GG or Belvedere. And I always get a couple bottles of Zu when in CT or LI. It's not sold in PA.

But for me, best vodka martini I've ever had was made with a local vodka, Boyd & Blair.

Straight up shots, I'm still a Luksosowa guy. I'll use lesser vodka (Faber, Sobieski) for bloody mary's and other mixing.

Never understood the fanfare for Tito's. It's not bad, but I'd hardly call it exceptional.

Reaction Score
My two favorites are Suntory Haku and Ciroc. Haku made from rice and is incredibly smooth and not very expensive. Ciroc has been around a long time and made from two types of grapes. Both different than the mainstream and both have (for me) smooth and a bit more exceptional favor than some of the more popular household names.

Reaction Score
Belvedere. If making large mixed drinks like punches, use Ketel One.

The rise of Tito's is just confirmation of the power of social media and good marketing. That trash is Dubra with a better agent.

Reaction Score
We need to hang. Chopin is head and shoulders above GG or Belvedere. And I always get a couple bottles of Zu when in CT or LI. It's not sold in PA.

But for me, best vodka martini I've ever had was made with a local vodka, Boyd & Blair.

Straight up shots, I'm still a Luksosowa guy. I'll use lesser vodka (Faber, Sobieski) for bloody mary's and other mixing.

Never understood the fanfare for Tito's. It's not bad, but I'd hardly call it exceptional.
We’re Vodka bros. Was going to mention Luksosowa but thought that was going too far afield and no something most people ever heard of. That is my standard well vodka at the house. Great value for a potato vodka!! When I was in Poland I picked up some Chopin new potato. Had a hand written label and was 2x Cost of regular Chopin. Yummy. I also think the Zu in Poland is much better than the export I buy here.

Will have to try the Boyd. Never heard of it. Thx for the info.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I also think the Zu in Poland is much better than the export I buy here.

Apparently "real" bison grass contains coumarin, which the FDA says is a no-no. So it's reformulated for export to the US.

I first had the real thing when I was living in Bulgaria back in 2003. I brought a case back with me and happily paid the extra duty. The US version is still damned good though.

Reaction Score
Apparently "real" bison grass contains coumarin, which the FDA says is a no-no. So it's reformulated for export to the US.

I first had the real thing when I was living in Bulgaria back in 2003. I brought a case back with me and happily paid the extra duty. The US version is still damned good though.
Didn’t know that. Unfortunately won’t be going there for a while

Reaction Score
I combined both Belvedere and Grey Goose to make this years Lemoncello. I’ll let you how it tastes.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Sydney Frank sold Grey Goose to Bacardi for $2.3B. He is a Norwich Free Academy grad and has given $12M to the school. As an NFA (and UConn) grad, I a always defer to GG.

mrc

Reaction Score
it's true but brita filters are more expensive than just buying better booze.
Also as an FYI all the water you run through the filter after the vodka will have an after taste of vodka. Spent a few weeks drinking terrible vodka water until my roommate and i gave up hope that the water would eventually flush the vodka taste out.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Love Titos, but Opulent for the price.

Reaction Score
The two vodkas at Costco, according to their knowledgeable liquor store guy, were made to resemble two of the top brands mentioned here. The frosted, blue lettered bottle is similar to Titos and the larger clear glass bottle with a red V is like Grey Goose. Haven’t tried the GG yet, but the Titios version does taste very similar and for half the price.
this makes sense because the cheap one does taste a lot like titos.

Reaction Score

Luksusowa is my go-to for myself. I have Ketel for guests because not everyone likes Lususowa, but I love it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The rise of Tito's is just confirmation of the power of social media and good marketing. That trash is Dubra with a better agent.

Packaging is also marketing. And those frosted bottles do nothing for flavor, but do increase the price point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom