23K season tix sold... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

23K season tix sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You gotta wear UCONN football stuff year-round. I have had the "do you go to UCONN football games question" asked many times in Greenwich (I live in Port Chester next town over in Westchester) while running errands...or even in the Port Chester Buffalo Wild Wings where my wife and I sometimes go to watch away games..same in Stamford. It's a good way for us as fans to spread the word, especially in Fairfield County.

This is exactly right. The sooner we all realize that WE are marketing lobbyists for UCONN, the better. I wear quite a bit of UCONN gear in and out of the state and I threw a UCONN alum license plate on my car for when I go on road trips. I always wear UCONN gear when taking road trips, in airports, or going out of state events. For example, I went to Salem, MA for a day trip a few weeks ago and wore UCONN gear. I saw a guy there at a restaurant we went to wearing Michigan State gear. The guy asked me if UCONN found a new conference yet and I answered that I actually hope/think that he and I will be conference rivals in the near future. He chuckled and said that he hoped so.

The point is, the more UCONN gear seen around then the more conversations are started. If nothing else, it's free advertising for UCONN. The more gear seen, the better. It could help change the negative perception that surrounds us as a fanbase.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This is exactly right. The sooner we all realize that WE are marketing lobbyists for UCONN, the better. I wear quite a bit of UCONN gear in and out of the state and I threw a UCONN alum license plate on my car for when I go on road trips. I always wear UCONN gear when taking road trips, in airports, or going out of state events. For example, I went to Salem, MA for a day trip a few weeks ago and wore UCONN gear. I saw a guy there at a restaurant we went to wearing Michigan State gear. The guy asked me if UCONN found a new conference yet and I answered that I actually hope/think that he and I will be conference rivals in the near future. He chuckled and said that he hoped so.

The point is, the more UCONN gear seen around then the more conversations are started. If nothing else, it's free advertising for UCONN. The more gear seen, the better. It could help change the negative perception that surrounds us as a fanbase.
Totally agree. When I travel out of state -- usually south for vacation -- I'm always pimping UConn gear. My wife is like, "can't you wear anything other than a UConn t-shirt" and I'm like "yes, i'll be buying a UConn polo shirt for more formal outings". haha

But wearing UConn gear starts lots of convo's with fans of other school's. On my most recent trip to Charleston, the hotel valet was like, "Huskies, I'm going to miss playing you guys. Hopefully we can play each other soon" -- the guy was a 'Cuse alum.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Totally agree. When I travel out of state -- usually south for vacation -- I'm always pimping UConn gear. My wife is like, "can't you wear anything other than a UConn t-shirt" and I'm like "yes, i'll be buying a UConn polo shirt for more formal outings". haha.
Heh, my wife is the same way. I always wear uconn gear in airports. I bought her a bunch of uconn stuff when that uconn gear web site went out of business not long ago, so she started pimping the huskies until she got pregnant and clothes stopped fitting her.

Reaction Score
Heh, my wife is the same way. I always wear uconn gear in airports. I bought her a bunch of uconn stuff when that uconn gear web site went out of business not long ago, so she started pimping the huskies until she got pregnant and clothes stopped fitting her.

Hey - is this youse guys?? :eek:

pregnant uconn.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Glad to hear I'm not the only crazy person who wears UCONN paraphernalia whenever I go out of state, especially to NYC. I travel a lot for business and go through a ton of airports wearing UCONN gear as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The fact that top of the rent sold out gives me some faith that people can still do some simple math.

Reaction Score
I was in a San Diego surf shop on vacation a few years ago and an employee saw my UConn Football t-shirt and asked how DJ Shoemate was doing.

It's easy to travel with UConn t-shirts, when 9/10 of your t-shirts are UConn related.

Reaction Score
I'm on vacation and both me and the guy in the rental condo next to me had
on UConn football shirts today. The brand is strong in Wildwood Crest.

Should I key the car parked next to me with a Villanova sticker?

Nah... But go look for one with a big red R on it.

BTW - love the Crest.

Reaction Score
There is a house with a giant Rutgers flag in front. I'm willing to wizz in their shrubs but I'm afraid if I get caught the Boneyard will move to have my season tickets taken away.
Aim for the flag.

Reaction Score
I wear my UCONN shirts most every where also. Disney World, March 2004, getting on a ride and the attendent asked how the gals winning streak was going. I said I really didn't care too much about the streak as we really wanted to win the championship.

Reaction Score
Driving through Harvard Square on my way back to the office one day a guy on a bike scared the crap out of me by saying "Go UConn" as he passed by my open window...stickers on rear and side windows, license plate frame and emergency bad hair day hat in the rear window. Also just came back from vacation and saw a guy in Santa's Village with UConn gear on. My wife ribs me all the time about not owning any other t-shirts but UConn.

Reaction Score
the hotel valet was like, "Huskies, I'm going to miss playing you guys. Hopefully we can play each other soon" -- the guy was a 'Cuse alum.

Cuse alum parking cars for a living.. haha classic

Reaction Score
Bought my six month old daughter at least six outfits from the coop. If there is a market for season tickets at My Gym you can expect a spike in sales shortly.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I saw a guy today with a new UCONN logo sticker on the back of his truck and it looked awesome. I've been looking online for it but can't find it, even searched "stickers" on the Coop site and got nothing. Anyone know where to get them?

Would love to see them all over CT roads like I do the rutgirls R when driving through NJ.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
I saw a guy today with a new UCONN logo sticker on the back of his truck and it looked awesome. I've been looking online for it but can't find it, even searched "stickers" on the Coop site and got nothing. Anyone know where to get them?

Would love to see them all over CT roads like I do the rutgirls R when driving through NJ.

Buy season tickets. The sticker comes along with them.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've had season tickets for 16 years.

Was the sticker in the envelope the tickets came in? All I received was my tickets, the fan guide and my blue lot passes.

Reaction Score

Was the sticker in the envelope the tickets came in? All I received was my tickets, the fan guide and my blue lot passes.

Yup...

Here - print this and use double stick tape.

image.jpg

Reaction Score

Was the sticker in the envelope the tickets came in? All I received was my tickets, the fan guide and my blue lot passes.[/quote
Yes, in the package with the season tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET