23K season tix sold... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

23K season tix sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Need to do it from my laptop. Too much typing for mobile.

Reaction Score
East Hartford, CT
Connecticut constantly scores as one of the best places to live in the country, close to the ocean, the mountains, New York and Boston. Plus it is miles ahead of Iowa historically and culturally. You just take it for granted. Spend a week in Des Moines, I have.

Reaction Score
Connecticut constantly scores as one of the best places to live in the country, close to the ocean, the mountains, New York and Boston. Plus it is miles ahead of Iowa historically and culturally. You just take it for granted. Spend a week in Des Moines, I have.

Des Moines is heavenly compared to Ames.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
IS the question, Which town was never within 5 miles of a professional sports franchise?
The question is which school's season ticket count is almost 50% of the metro population for the city its stadium resides in?
Season tickets: 40,000
Population of Ames: 60,000
Ames metro area: 89,000

Season tickets: 23,000
Population of East Hartford: 51,000
Hartford metro area: 1,118,000

That's not impressive?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He just said he has 12 season tickets and you're telling HIM to support the program?

Butch has never spent a penny of his money on the program yet he'll always pipe in on how we need to become better fans.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There are a number of things that we need to look at here:

1 - It would be a reinforcement of failure to look at schools like Indiana (or Duke, Wake, etc.) as reason not to be (at a minimum) disappointed in 23k season tickets sold at this point for the upcoming season. They are all in a conference that they want to remain in, we need to turn enough heads to earn an invitation. Attendance is only one of many criteria that will help or hinder our chances, at the moment it will not help.

2 - Yes, the past two seasons (even with the upcoming slate) has played a large role in fan apathy and I imagine conference
realignment (and that many casual fans may not be sure who is and who is not in our conference) is playing as large a role.

3 - As bleak as things may appear, this is not over. What was Rutgers' attendance fifteen years ago? What were people saying about Stanford before Harbaugh was hired as head coach (IIRC, many felt they would never again be able to compete in football)? Where was Navy before hiring Johnson? What did TCU's future look like when the SWC disbanded? While many want an immediate answer on the B1G and/or ACC adding schools, it still would be in our best interests if the next wave of realignment/major conference expansion did not happen for a few years. We have work to do and we need time to do it.

Reaction Score
The question is which school's season ticket count is almost 50% of the metro population for the city its stadium resides in?

That's not impressive?

Kinda. There literally isn't anything else to do, however, so the community will rally around the university.

(Btw that isn't a slam. Just true)

Reaction Score

That's not impressive?

I think you missed my point. Ames, Iowa is a barren wasteland.

Reaction Score
FfldCntyFan is right...we need to step up as fans...overcome the damage Hathaway did to the program and show the P-5 we DO belong with them! I think UCONN meeds to do two things with tickets..first the student section always sells out and has a huge waiting list...give them that entire end of the stadium including the top tier. Second...increase the Top of the Rent packages if they sell out this season. Third...and I know a lot of you will kill me for this...look at increasing the family seating (alcohol free) areas if the need is there..offer a family plan with reduced pricing for kids under 12. The way to keep season ticket numbers is to entice people to come to the games. It has been said more than once on here the game day experience at the Rent is awesome...and I have to say outside of a over night RV parking area...atmosphere wise rivals what I have experienced at Penn State. Like a lot of you on here I have had my tickets since game 1 at Rentschler and I won't give them up till I die...numbers were high when it was new...numbers dropped when we got stagnant and lost..(a couple of winning seasons with a string product and the numbers will be back up in the 32,000 range) as fans we need to sell the Rentschler experience to others because if we do we can get the numbers up in no time! I will add to this post that my wife and I are perfect examples of what I said above...first 3 years we sat in front of the scoreboard..next 2 years same spot (we chose to stay and not give a seat donation)...every year we would get invited to the Club Level for the last game of the year..in Year 6 we had the advantage of sitting with our friends who had chairback seats in Sect 242. The view sold us (and truth be told...also not having to deal with obnoxious drunks who came during the game to sit with their friends in our section)..starting year 5 in 242.

Reaction Score
i wonder how many tickets are actually left as i bought 4 top of the rent this morning and ended up in section 213 which wasn't one of the designated areas

Reaction Score
Butch has never spent a penny of his money on the program yet he'll always pipe in on how we need to become better fans.
What a kind person you are. I've been to games throughout the years. Tickets that I paid for. Want to try my shoes?

Reaction Score
Until the rent sells out every game aNd they are planning expanding the stadium i think we can all ask ourselves how can we become better fans.

Reaction Score
We do well this year and with BYU and Boise St coming in next year the season tx sales will start to climb. First we have to win back the casuals this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Until the rent sells out every game aNd they are planning expanding the stadium i think we can all ask ourselves how can we become better fans.

I've gained some weight this year - but I'm not looking to fill a third seat!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Speak for yourself, Florida guy.

Reaction Score
I got my season tickets in the mail last week. One of them has an asterisk next to the seat number on every ticket. Is that an aisle seat?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I got my season tickets in the mail last week. One of them has an asterisk next to the seat number on every ticket. Is that an aisle seat?

Yep

Reaction Score
I've gained some weight this year - but I'm not looking to fill a third seat!
I in no way am referring to people here purhasing extra tickets. We want need new fans Sounds dumb but just talking up the program wearing football shirts on saturday. Putting flags out on the lawn. We need to try to change the culture in the state. Not sure if that is done up there because i only go to one game a year in ct. I can tell u i do it down here.
It takes time i understand. The rays are winners and theys struggle to get over 10k per game.

Reaction Score
I want to become a Maine guy. Any chance UMaine will upgrade to FBS??

Zeee-ro. They don't have the money to renovate the bathrooms in their hockey arena. Too bad, the fans up there are nuts for UMaine sports, it might have had a shot at being a fairly decent program.

Reaction Score
I in no way am referring to people here purhasing extra tickets. We want need new fans Sounds dumb but just talking up the program wearing football shirts on saturday. Putting flags out on the lawn. We need to try to change the culture in the state. Not sure if that is done up there because i only go to one game a year in ct. I can tell u i do it down here.
It takes time i understand. The rays are winners and theys struggle to get over 10k per game.

You gotta wear UCONN football stuff year-round. I have had the "do you go to UCONN football games question" asked many times in Greenwich (I live in Port Chester next town over in Westchester) while running errands...or even in the Port Chester Buffalo Wild Wings where my wife and I sometimes go to watch away games..same in Stamford. It's a good way for us as fans to spread the word, especially in Fairfield County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom