23K season tix sold... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

23K season tix sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC has limited appeal because they're a bunch of sniveling s.
That, too. lol

All they have is hockey. York did some amazing stuff with BC hockey. Total primadonna program now. But also jaw-dropping talent.

Reaction Score
PP and GDL have sapped the fan base's energy. 23K, while pathetic, is not surprising. 5-7 last year against that schedule was a ducking joke. I face palmed at least ten times per game last year - mostly wildcat induced. In TJ we trust?
Did you throw up in your mouth as well?

Reaction Score
Look. Just support the damn program and enjoy. UConn football is better than it was when we were FCS or College Division in D1. Our upside is huge. Either support or roll over. That's all there is to it. There are UConn families all over the state of CT. I am somewhat buddies with Walt Trojanowski's nephew. In case you don't know, Trojanowski is a historic figure in UConn football history in the 1940s. The nephew is a UConn grad and supports UConn women's basketball. But he also knows we need to support UConn football. Other UConn alumni I know also are aware of football's importance and our upside. Just support. Blindly. We have no other choice.

And we all know PP sucks as a HC. Patience is a virtue.

If you ask me, I really think other state schools want us to develop our football program. We'd be the gateway to New England for college football. BC has a limited appeal because of religious affiliation.

Edit: Yeah, it's pretty obvious.
He just said he has 12 season tickets and you're telling HIM to support the program?

Reaction Score
He just said he has 12 season tickets and you're telling HIM to support the program?
I can read, thank you. He's done far more than I ever have. I was just saying we need all the support we can get, regardless of circumstances.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The key is having fannies in those 12 seats. Give them away if you can't go but get some UCONN fans in those seats.

Reaction Score
The math is a bit fuzzy.

In 2012, thru July 24, 2012 UConn sold 19,000 season tickets. The total sold for the 2012 season was 23,500 (Desmond Conner wrote 24,000, maybe rounding up?)

So from July 25, 2012 thru August 30, 2012 UConn sold approximately 5,000 tickets (going with the rounded up #).

That equates to about 138 tickets sold per day from 7/25-8/30.

The date of this year's sales number means that there has been 11 extra selling days for 2013 versus 2012.

Based on a sales rate of 138 per day, one would expect 1,500 more tickets to be sold in 2013 v. 2012, or a total of 20,500 tickets sold.

Instead we're told that the number is 23,000. That's 2,500 more sold than this time last year, not 1,400.

If we assume that UConn will sell 138 tickets per day from now until August 30 (25 selling days), then we can calculate a final season ticket sales figure of 26,450 (3,450 tickets sold for the balance of August + 23,000 sold to date). (No way to know for sure that demand for miniplans will cannibalize season ticket sales and alter the 138 tickets sold per day).

Let's say UConn gets to 27,000. That figure is mildly disappointing; however demand has been pulled from season tickets to mini plans. (On July 27, 2010 UConn had sold 24,500 season tickets). Given the incredible home slate I can't imagine that the demand pull is all that significant. Parenthetically, it isn't quite a 2:1 ratio of miniplan:season tickets since there are 7 home games. But I can easily see 3,000 miniplans sold for each block, 6,000 total. That would be a pedestrian sales rate of 115 miniplan tickets per day (6,000/52 sale days).

I have nothing to base it on, but my guess is that 10,000 (2 blocks of 5k) miniplans will have been sold by opening day.

This is all wild speculation and riddled with assumptions, but I guess that UConn will have sold 32,000 "season" tickets by the Towson game.

With 3,000 visitor allotments, that's 87% of capacity. That isn't too shabby.

Reaction Score
Ordered my season tickets today. Looking forward to it. I've never been to a game at the Rent. Planned to go last year but couldn't work out with my schedule.

We got a code blue and white here guys. Swarm, swarm.....

Can we get you a cocktail and a shrimp platter?

If you are curious what it will be like, go out and smoke some crack. You'll be addicted after the first "hit".

Unfortunately your crack will be taken away in early December each year (if you're lucky they let you have a couple of "hits" around the begining of the year).

For the 9 months after they take away your crack you will turn into a blithering idiot and waste 50% of your day on here trying to convince everyone you are smarter than the coach, the AD and the president of UConn.

On second thought....don't do it.....look away....we're hideous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The math is a bit fuzzy.

In 2012, thru July 24, 2012 UConn sold 19,000 season tickets. The total sold for the 2012 season was 23,500 (Desmond Conner wrote 24,000, maybe rounding up?)

So from July 25, 2012 thru August 30, 2012 UConn sold approximately 5,000 tickets (going with the rounded up #).

That equates to about 138 tickets sold per day from 7/25-8/30.

The date of this year's sales number means that there has been 11 extra selling days for 2013 versus 2012.

Based on a sales rate of 138 per day, one would expect 1,500 more tickets to be sold in 2013 v. 2012, or a total of 20,500 tickets sold.

Instead we're told that the number is 23,000. That's 2,500 more sold than this time last year, not 1,400.

If we assume that UConn will sell 138 tickets per day from now until August 30 (25 selling days), then we can calculate a final season ticket sales figure of 26,450 (3,450 tickets sold for the balance of August + 23,000 sold to date). (No way to know for sure that demand for miniplans will cannibalize season ticket sales and alter the 138 tickets sold per day).

Let's say UConn gets to 27,000. That figure is mildly disappointing; however demand has been pulled from season tickets to mini plans. (On July 27, 2010 UConn had sold 24,500 season tickets). Given the incredible home slate I can't imagine that the demand pull is all that significant. Parenthetically, it isn't quite a 2:1 ratio of miniplan:season tickets since there are 7 home games. But I can easily see 3,000 miniplans sold for each block, 6,000 total. That would be a pedestrian sales rate of 115 miniplan tickets per day (6,000/52 sale days).

I have nothing to base it on, but my guess is that 10,000 (2 blocks of 5k) miniplans will have been sold by opening day.

This is all wild speculation and riddled with assumptions, but I guess that UConn will have sold 32,000 "season" tickets by the Towson game.

With 3,000 visitor allotments, that's 87% of capacity. That isn't too shabby.

There can't be two blocks of mini-plans.

I would guess 40% are Michigan-Maryland-Louisville. 40% are Michigan-Maryland-Rutgers and 20% are Michigan-Louisville-Rutgers. There might be a few Louisville-Rutgers-Maryland sold but I doubt it.

The number of mini plans that include USF, Memphis or Towson you can probably count on your hands and toes.

If they were close to selling out Michigan on mini-plans that would be the message. They priced the miniplans equal to season tickets they can't sell out. That tells you they aren't selling many mini-plans unless you think people are just stupid.

Reaction Score

I would guess 40% are Michigan-Maryland-Louisville. 40% are Michigan-Maryland-Rutgers and 20% are Michigan-Louisville-Rutgers. There might be a few Louisville-Rutgers-Maryland sold but I doubt it.

The number of mini plans that include USF, Memphis or Towson you can probably count on your hands and toes.

You're right. Really meant 10k of your combo, split mostly btwn mich-md-ru, mich-md-lville. With mich-lville-rutgers, 5/7 of a season ticket. Maybe gets UConn 30.5k.

I still want to see the "almost sold out" blitz to induce demand. Perceived scarcity is the nectar of demand as they say.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're right. Really meant 10k of your combo, split mostly btwn mich-md-ru, mich-md-lville. With mich-lville-rutgers, 5/7 of a season ticket. Maybe gets UConn 30.5k.

I still want to see the "almost sold out" blitz to induce demand. Perceived scarcity is the nectar of demand as they say.

But if it's not true you look ridiculous in the end and no one ever believes you again.

Reaction Score
But if it's not true you look ridiculous in the end and no one ever believes you again.

I was thinking the same thing - a marketing campaign like that is nice idea in theory, but it'd better be true that it's almost sold out or it's something the school would never live down.

Reaction Score

If they were close to selling out Michigan on mini-plans that would be the message. They priced the miniplans equal to season tickets they can't sell out. That tells you they aren't selling many mini-plans unless you think people are just stupid.

Our mini-plan is Michigan/USF/Memphis. Why? It came down to what games people could attend. The mini-plans are great for people that can't make every game, but want to attend multiple games.

Reaction Score
Progress... albeit slowly.

UConnHuskies Aug 2, 9:42am via web
Less than 200 "Top of the Rent" discounted @UConnFootball season tickets left. 7 home games for only $140 Post original url/1bBtg8w #bleedblue

UConnHuskies 11:05am via HootSuite (today)
Less than 50 @UConnFootball "Top of the Rent" season tix left. 7 games for $140. Click: ow.ly/nMAfI to buy. #UConn #BleedBlue

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Has anyone done a run down of the season ticket sales for all P5 schools + AAC?

I looked up Indiana the other day, they were estatic about 21k - new modern era high...

Reaction Score
It's a disappointing number on the surface, but we'll see how the mini-plans affect the overall attendance.

If we are going to use a benchmark for P5 comparison......lets aim high. I'm not talking about #'s of seats in a stadium, I'm referencing % of season tickets sold to date.......then we'll know if the numbers are related to a national, regional, local economy influence.

How's Syracuse, and Pitt doing %-age wise. I know that is not a "high aim" but I'm also looking from a regional perspective.

Hey! It might be a tough season no matter if or how much the team is improved. But at least the group of six season ticket holders I'm with will be at all the home games.......regardless. The kids deserve the support despite perceived feelings of poor performance of those administering the program.

In otherwords....we're fans of the team whether the sun shines or rain falls on their efforts. (I'm not referencing meteorology im my allegory)

Reaction Score
I saw the other day that Iowa state had set a new record with 40,600. That's impressive.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Remind me to tell you all a story about my time in Ames. It is basketball related. But one every UConn fan will enjoy.
Go ahead.........sounds interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown