23K season tix sold... | The Boneyard

23K season tix sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a jerk, but there's additional discussion on this in the thread guessing if season tix will hit 30k.

I agree it's underwhelming, but the team has been, too. Winning this year against this slate will go a long ways.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a jerk, but there's additional discussion on this in the thread guessing if season tix will hit 30k.

I agree it's underwhelming, but the team has been, too. Winning this year against this slate will go a long ways.
yeah. i saw that thread. It got wayyyy off topic and I didnt see anything about this new revalation on the # of tix sold so far.

You are right about the teams success reflecting that #

Reaction Score
Unrealistic to expect huge numbers. For perspective sake. A 50% increase in season ticket sales at this point in the year, as compared to where we were at the end of July, beginning of August 2012, would be 27k sold. We've jumped up a lot since last year.

I'm not sure if this number includes student season tickets and mini plans either, I would think it would be incorrect to include mini-plan sales in such a number, and am curious to know if this includes student sales.

Reaction Score
Unrealistic to expect huge numbers. For perspective sake. A 50% increase in season ticket sales at this point in the year, as compared to where we were at the end of July, beginning of August 2012, would be 27k sold. We've jumped up a lot since last year.

I'm not sure if this number includes student season tickets and mini plans either, I would think it would be incorrect to include mini-plan sales in such a number, and am curious to know if this includes student sales.
Yeah. im curious too. not sure I fully understand your first paragraph there.

I am also wondering how many season tix were sold in the last 3 weeks leading up to the season opener last year...

Reaction Score
I would call it pathetic if by the time of the MD game we don't have close to 30k sold. This is probably the best home schedule UConn has ever had and it is sad we can't do better than this.

I'll be calling it pathetic, if we are at lower than 100% capacity sold come Maryland game. I think that it's going to take several years to get out of the ticket sales model hole that was created b/w about 2006 and 2010 by the athletic ticket office, and realistically, a 50% increase in season ticket sales from last year would put us still siginifcantly less than 30k.

The simple fact, is that people realized they can get single game tickets, and not buy season ticket packages, otherwise, we wouldn't have maintained the kind of gate/sales capacity numbers we've maintained through the entire existence of Rentschler. We've been over 95% paid attendance on average per season, I think it's closer to 97-98%, since Rentschler opened. Nubmers dipped past two seasons, as to % capacity, but we also went 10-14 with all kinds of issues.

Reaction Score
Yeah. im curious too. not sure I fully understand your first paragraph there.

I am also wondering how many season tix were sold in the last 3 weeks leading up to the season opener last year...

I'm pretty sure that at this point last year (2012) we were well under 20k tickets sold, I think under 19k. It's the annual Desmond Conner camp post. Season ticket sales numbers.

If my math is right, and I'm a terrible mathematician - 50% of 19 is 9.5. Therefore a 50% increase since last year (given a 19k number sold) would be 19 +9.5 = 28,5k. See - shoot, I did the math wrong in my head before. Came up with 27k.

Assuming a 19k number sold (reported this time last year) - to see a 50% increase in season ticket sales, we would need to be at 28,5k. Is my math right?

if so - 23k, represents somewhere around a 20-25% increase in ticket sales. with a month to go.

Student tickets? If the 23k includes students, then I think it is a little less than I would hope. Hopefully we get closer to 30k by season start.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that at this point last year (2012) we were well under 20k tickets sold, I think under 19k. It's the annual Desmond Conner camp post. Season ticket sales numbers.

If my math is right, and I'm a terrible mathematician - 50% of 19 is 9.5. Therefore a 50% increase since last year (given a 19k number sold) would be 19 +9.5 = 28,5k. See - shoot, I did the math wrong in my head before. Came up with 27k.

Assuming a 19k number sold (reported this time last year) - to see a 50% increase in season ticket sales, we would need to be at 28,5k. Is my math right?

if so - 23k, represents somewhere around a 20-25% increase in ticket sales. with a month to go.

Student tickets? If the 23k includes students, then I think it is a little less than I would hope. Hopefully we get closer to 30k by season start.

The article says we are 1400 ahead of last year's pace, if I read it correctly.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its dissappointing. Hopefully it becomes a non-issue thanks to strong single game ticket sales. We just need to be sold out or 97% sold out for all games. Attendance is imperative to shedding the AAC.

Reaction Score
Too many numbers for me. I'd like to see it in graph presentation. Is the line pointing up or down, and by how much? I'm reasonably sure it's pointing up, but I'm not sure how steep.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Its dissappointing. Hopefully it becomes a non-issue thanks to strong single game ticket sales. We just need to be sold out or 97% sold out for all games. Attendance is imperative to shedding the AAC.

I agree with this 100%. Blah attendance figures just cements us in the AAC. Time to get your friends and family to buy some tickets!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know how much you can blame folks for not buying tickets. The same uninspiring, program-killing head coach is in charge.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The numbers they announce always include the students.

Reaction Score
PP and GDL have sapped the fan base's energy. 23K, while pathetic, is not surprising. 5-7 last year against that schedule was a ducking joke. I face palmed at least ten times per game last year - mostly wildcat induced. In TJ we trust?

Reaction Score
23K with Michigan coming here is terrible, thanks to a very unmarketable coach with zero PR skills (think starting spring game running right up the middle with back to the goal line, all of which he had control over).

very surprised UM fans not snapping up the 3-game plans . . . . curious if credit cards w/Michigan-midwest zip codes are being blocked by system.

Reaction Score
I would have said 25K if I had to bet. The question is can we pack the house with good mini plan sales and a big ad campaign for August. If you put out there that Michigan is a near sell out then you get the push for other games. With this schedule we appear to be playing big boy football.

I can only say that this year, in particular, there are more people talking about it. Can this translate to ticket sales? Time will tell.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
very surprised UM fans not snapping up the 3-game plans . . . . curious if credit cards w/Michigan-midwest zip codes are being blocked by system.
In fairness, we don't have any mini plan sales numbers that I'm aware of.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Personally, it could be Susan Herbst and Jeff Jacobs coaching the team, i dont care, its Maryland, Michigan, Louisville and Rutgers on the schedule that has me excited. We'll never really know what has caused underwhelming demand. My guestimate is 25% related to the economy, 25% related to Coach P and recent 5-7 seasons and 50% because new englanders are sports fickle.

The best we can do now is sell those single game seats no matter what and avoid anything less than a sell out for all but Towson and Memphis.

Reaction Score
In fairness, we don't have any mini plan sales numbers that I'm aware of.
Yes that is the unknown at this point. We need the entire picture before we jump to conclusions. But, hey this is the Boneyard folks. It's what we do.

Let's say that (2) 3-game packages are worth a full season ticket (or each 3-game package is worth .5 of season's ticket). If we sold 12,000 3-game packages that's the equivalent of another 6,000 season's tickets.

Time will tell.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes that is the unknown at this point. We need the entire picture before we jump to conclusions. But, hey this is the Boneyard folks. It's what we do.

Let's say that (2) 3-game packages are worth a full season ticket (or each 3-game package is worth .5 of season's ticket). If we sold 12,000 3-game packages that's the equivalent of another 6,000 season's tickets.

Time will tell.

If they were close to selling out Michigan on mini packs you'd hear all about it.

Reaction Score
The Longhorns have experienced a HUGE drop in season ticket sales. At the very least, we have 20K diehards, it seems. But PP better work magic this season or else.

Reaction Score
Uconn football is dead. Hathaway shot it, PP is burying it and Warde is reading the last rights. Its a MAC-level program now without any offensive excitement and those last two home games will be half-filled at best if/when the team gets waxed by Michigan/Rutgers and Louisville. Which is likely. Its a shame, because a day/night at the Rent is a great time, but people in CT are not going to support a loser, or a team that can never be competitive nationally. I have 12 season tickets and the only people who have asked me if I have extras to any games are michigan fans and a louisville fan. And I've lived in CT since before the Rent opened. No one cares. I get asked about my red Sox season tickets 25x over. and they cost 4x as much per ticket.

edit: ok, rant over. this whole Big East/realignment/PP/Hathaway situaiton has really pissed me off. can u tell?

Reaction Score
Uconn football is dead. Hathaway shot it, PP is burying it and Warde is reading the last rights. Its a MAC-level program now without any offensive excitement and those last two home games will be half-filled at best if/when the team gets waxed by Michigan/Rutgers and Louisville. Which is likely. Its a shame, because a day/night at the Rent is a great time, but people in CT are not going to support a loser, or a team that can never be competitive nationally. I have 12 season tickets and the only people who have asked me if I have extras to any games are michigan fans and a louisville fan. And I've lived in CT since before the Rent opened. No one cares. I get asked about my red Sox season tickets 25x over. and they cost 4x as much per ticket.
Look. Just support the damn program and enjoy. UConn football is better than it was when we were FCS or College Division in D1. Our upside is huge. Either support or roll over. That's all there is to it. There are UConn families all over the state of CT. I am somewhat buddies with Walt Trojanowski's nephew. In case you don't know, Trojanowski is a historic figure in UConn football history in the 1940s. The nephew is a UConn grad and supports UConn women's basketball. But he also knows we need to support UConn football. Other UConn alumni I know also are aware of football's importance and our upside. Just support. Blindly. We have no other choice.

And we all know PP sucks as a HC. Patience is a virtue.

If you ask me, I really think other state schools want us to develop our football program. We'd be the gateway to New England for college football. BC has a limited appeal because of religious affiliation.

Edit: Yeah, it's pretty obvious.

Reaction Score
If you ask me, I really think other state schools want us to develop our football program. We'd be the gateway to New England for college football. BC has a limited appeal because of religious affiliation.

BC has limited appeal because they're a bunch of sniveling s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom