'22-'23 schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

'22-'23 schedule

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Agreed.

There's some value in playing 1 true early-season cupcake game in the first week or two just to give the team a chance to go through the motions and get out the cobwebs.

But a year to year November/December "cupcake" schedule including 3-4 from this list would be great:
  • Vermont
  • BU
  • Northeastern
  • Harvard
  • Colgate
  • Fordham
  • Siena
  • Iona
You need to look up the definition of cupcake.

Reaction Score
If we're going to be playing 300+ ranked teams in buy games every year, I'd like to see us open with CCSU every year. At least that way the money moves between CT public universities, plus we help CCSU a bit with recruiting and maybe sell a few extra single game tickets

Agreed. We could use the local media exposure, plus the $$$ is good because we have virtually no costs (other than the bus) for this game.

I think Central would be fine with an every other year game, or 3 of every 4 years, especially if we are unable to keep it competitive.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
yeah, my thoughts exactly. if our Big 12 game (at home, no less) is TCU that's a big whiff. We want one of Baylor, KU, Tech, or Texas coming to CT next year.

The "dream" is KU @ Gampel
Yeah that will be a hoot.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yeah that will be a hoot.
We are due a home game and Kansas played on the road this year so I doubt it would be them. If we don't have a home game against either Texas or Baylor, I will be disappointed.

August_West

Reaction Score
We are due a home game and Kansas played on the road this year so I doubt it would be them. If we don't have a home game against either Texas or Baylor, I will be disappointed.
I would enjoy either of those, could be anyone and they’d all be competitive. Could be Iowa state. I have no problem with the B12 BE matchup even Kansas. But I stop short of your past contention that home fans are owed it.

Reaction Score
Agreed.

There's some value in playing 1 true early-season cupcake game in the first week or two just to give the team a chance to go through the motions and get out the cobwebs.

But a year to year November/December "cupcake" schedule including 3-4 from this list would be great:
  • Vermont
  • BU
  • Northeastern
  • Harvard
  • Colgate
  • Fordham
  • Siena
  • Iona
No way Vermont is anywhere close to a cupcake

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Would’ve definitely liked this post two weeks ago

They should schedule a summer outdoor game vs PC and just have it count toward our overall record for 2022-2023.

Reaction Score
Dream OOC for me would be:
PK85
Gavitt Wisco
Big12 TCU
LIU
Farfield
Monmouth
Hofstra
Yale
Cinci
4 cupcakes in the 150-250 kenpom range so possibility of sticking Q3, a good local rival, an old "rival", 2 good tests in the gavitt/big12 games and PK85
Your "dream" OOC includes TCU and LIU? Really? Man, you are easy to please.

Reaction Score
Should go back to scheduling a February OOC game to remind the team that there's another world outside of the Big East. Either a top mid major or high major would be fine. It seemed to have worked for JC.

August_West

Reaction Score
Should go back to scheduling a February OOC game to remind the team that there's another world outside of the Big East. Either a top mid major or high major would be fine. It seemed to have worked for JC.

We were playing 16 game conference seasons mostly then.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We were playing 16 game conference seasons mostly then.
The world has changed. Most major conference teams play between 23 and 27 high-major opponents. Everyone else does it so we need to do it too.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Let's get new mexico state to run that back. We need to avenge that loss.
Can't avenge a tourney loss with a regular season win. We lost. It sucked. It's over. Imagine if we played them in the regular season next year and lost again. Boneyard meltdown.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised UConn didn't schedule a weekend OOC game this past year in January or February. With 11 teams in the Big East each team gets 1 weekend off during the conference season so they should schedule a game if they can find a willing partner to play in the middle of their conference season. This past season they had the weekend of 1/22 and 1/23 off (although with all the Covid issues I can't tell if that was originally scheduled like that).

Reaction Score
I'm surprised UConn didn't schedule a weekend OOC game this past year in January or February. With 11 teams in the Big East each team gets 1 weekend off during the conference season so they should schedule a game if they can find a willing partner to play in the middle of their conference season. This past season they had the weekend of 1/22 and 1/23 off (although with all the Covid issues I can't tell if that was originally scheduled like that).
They were at the max number of games for the season, so the only way they could have added one was after the PC game was cancelled

Reaction Score
They were at the max number of games for the season, so the only way they could have added one was after the PC game was cancelled
Not what I meant. I meant they could have scheduled 1 less OOC game in November and December and used that during the off weekend in January. That's what they used to do all the time. It was scheduled as a big time OOC game for TV. Without looking at every year's schedule I can recall off hand weekend games against Indiana in January 2007, Tennessee in January 2012, Texas in January 2011, Florida in January 2015, Villanova in January 2018 and January 2020, just to name a few.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom