'22-'23 schedule | The Boneyard

'22-'23 schedule

Reaction Score
We have 10 conference home-and-homes and three PK85 games. By my count that leaves 8 open slots. What is known and what is being speculated about those games?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think we still have a make up at Florida from the 2020-21 season? Don’t know if that will still happen or not…

Reaction Score
my guess:

20- BE
3- PK85
2- conference challenges
4- cupcakes
2- midmajors (hopefully including the aac H/H we agreed to)

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If we are going to be in PK85 + both conference challenges, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hurley go cupcakes for all the rest.

There should be 5 good P5 OOC resume builders in those tournaments / challenges.

I’d love to see a few mid majors on the scheduled as a fan of basketball and because VCU is more fun opponent than MD Eastern Shore. But the “risk” of scheduling those is probably not worth the reward in Hurleys eyes.

Reaction Score
Dream OOC for me would be:
PK85
Gavitt Wisco
Big12 TCU
LIU
Farfield
Monmouth
Hofstra
Yale
Cinci
4 cupcakes in the 150-250 kenpom range so possibility of sticking Q3, a good local rival, an old "rival", 2 good tests in the gavitt/big12 games and PK85

Reaction Score
PK85
Gavitt Wisco
Big12 TCU
LIU
Farfield
Monmouth
Hofstra
Yale
Cinci
4 cupcakes in the 150-250 kenpom range so possibility of sticking Q3, a good local rival, an old "rival", 2 good tests in the gavitt/big12 games and PK85
Your dream is to play against TCU?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Dream schedule
PK85
Big 12/BE (Baylor-H)
Gavitt (Illinois-A)
H/H (Suracuse-H)
H/H (Arizona-A)
Yale (H)
Princeton (H)
St. Joe’s (H)
Fairfield (H)

7 P5
4 cupcakes

shizzle787

Reaction Score
yeah, my thoughts exactly. if our Big 12 game (at home, no less) is TCU that's a big whiff. We want one of Baylor, KU, Tech, or Texas coming to CT next year.

The "dream" is KU @ Gampel
KU will have a home game next year in the challenge as they played at SJU this year.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
If we are going to be in PK85 + both conference challenges, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hurley go cupcakes for all the rest.

There should be 5 good P5 OOC resume builders in those tournaments / challenges.

I’d love to see a few mid majors on the scheduled as a fan of basketball and because VCU is more fun opponent than MD Eastern Shore. But the “risk” of scheduling those is probably not worth the reward in Hurleys eyes.
We can’t afford to go cupcake the rest of the way . We did that this year and it burned us.

Reaction Score
Should play Vermont every year...seem to be in the mix with regularity.
Agreed.

There's some value in playing 1 true early-season cupcake game in the first week or two just to give the team a chance to go through the motions and get out the cobwebs.

But a year to year November/December "cupcake" schedule including 3-4 from this list would be great:
  • Vermont
  • BU
  • Northeastern
  • Harvard
  • Colgate
  • Fordham
  • Siena
  • Iona

Reaction Score
Agreed.

There's some value in playing 1 true early-season cupcake game in the first week or two just to give the team a chance to go through the motions and get out the cobwebs.

But a year to year November/December "cupcake" schedule including 3-4 from this list would be great:
  • Vermont
  • BU
  • Northeastern
  • Harvard
  • Colgate
  • Fordham
  • Siena
  • Iona
It's all about the metrics now, NET, Kenpom, etc. So scheduling quality opponents is crucially important. The more opportunities the better. Opponents > 200 don't help. In many ways losing to a good opponent is better than beating a cupcake.

Reaction Score
We can’t afford to go cupcake the rest of the way . We did that this year and it burned us.

I don’t think it burnt us all that much. Actually early in the year we lost all our close ones with teams that weren’t considered cupcakes if we lost a few more do we get in? Need to mix them in, next years inexperience will be a tough start.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We have 10 conference home-and-homes and three PK85 games. By my count that leaves 8 open slots. What is known and what is being speculated about those games?
Probably sub 300 teams. That cannot happen

Reaction Score
Agreed.

• Vermont
  • BU
  • Northeastern
  • Harvard
  • Colgate
  • Fordham
  • Siena
  • Iona
Vermont has consistently not been a cupcake. Iona is coached by Pitino who knows how to maximize his personnel. Colgate is a 14 seed playing Wisconsin tonight.

The above 3 teams are competitive but we can beat them on a decent night.

Any one of the others would be cupcakes except Harvard which does usually field a decent team.

Reaction Score
If we're going to be playing 300+ ranked teams in buy games every year, I'd like to see us open with CCSU every year. At least that way the money moves between CT public universities, plus we help CCSU a bit with recruiting and maybe sell a few extra single game tickets

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
PK85
Gavitt Wisco
Big12 TCU
LIU
Farfield
Monmouth
Hofstra
Yale
Cinci
James Jones has stated the UConn refuses to play them, so take Yale off that list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom