21st November Logistical issue - uh oh... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

21st November Logistical issue - uh oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Not sure I would go to UCONN / Furman if they played it in the street in front of my house.
I don't know why but that made me laugh out loud - maybe I pictured you opening the blinds in your home seeing a Jalen lob to Brimah flush - then see opposing team inbound ball- u see Furman on the front of the jersey - shut blinds and log on to BY

Reaction Score
All my friends always wonder why I never make it to their semi-annual Yale/Harvard tailgate and I always have to explain that I am going to watch a real football team. Though that's not always really true. But I'd rather rep my alma matter (and my hometown team) than an Ivy any day.

But if the Houston game starts late, I have no problem doing both.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not sure I would go to UCONN / Furman if they played it in the street in front of my house.
You could say the same thing about 7 of the other preconference home games.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Michigan-Elon is 11/16
Texas A&M plays A&M Corpus Christi 11/19
Washington plays 11/19
We're kowtowing to Charlotte and Furman and people don't think we are a mid major now...

1) Because Elon also plays at Cuse 21st. Cuse happens to be away that weekend (in conference, so they likely just got lucky)
2) Because A&M CC also plays at Texas 21st. Texas has a bye.
3) ...because MSM is playing @ Gonzaga on the 21st. That one's easy.

We likely "kowtowed" to Furman because it doesn't make sense for a team from SC to play a game in NC on the 17th, then CT on the 19th, followed by NC on the 21st. Especially on their budget.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I've always been a basketball guy, but really....Furman? If there's a conflict and the football team is playing for something relevant, it's not much of a contest. If this were the Georgetown or Ohio State game, it's a different story.
I've always been a UConn guy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The hoop game belongs to SNY - right now, they're slotting it at noon, but they will bump a CAA football game at 7 for it. They have a paid boxing card in the middle of the afternoon so pretty safe to assume hoop is 12/7. It's almost the only game on the schedule with a time still to be determined, so fairly clear they're waiting to lock in based on where football lands.

And we won't know the football start until a week from Sunday. ESPN will make that call - barring a Houston collapse over the next two games, I can see 3:30 or 7:30 being possible. Throwing a ranked team on ESPN2 or U in the later time slots makes sense. (Also depends on other match-ups, etc., etc.)

There are tons of variables, but if I had to guess now, and assuming Houston holds, it's basketball at noon and football at 7:30. It's a long day, but if you'd like, you can get drunk twice.

As previously stated, the Furman game is a contractual game scheduled through the Battle4Atlantis promotion. (Elon, Furman, Mount St. Mary's and Texas A&M-CC play two majors each and then meet at Elon for the Battle4Atlantis "Mainland" bracket...read "Don't get to go to the Bahamas".)

Reaction Score
1) Because Elon also plays at Cuse 21st. Cuse happens to be away that weekend (in conference, so they likely just got lucky)
2) Because A&M CC also plays at Texas 21st. Texas has a bye.
3) ...because MSM is playing @ Gonzaga on the 21st. That one's easy.

We likely "kowtowed" to Furman because it doesn't make sense for a team from SC to play a game in NC on the 17th, then CT on the 19th, followed by NC on the 21st. Especially on their budget.
We are supposed to be the big dog It doesn't make sense for us to play a home basketball game the same day we have a home football game either but I guess mid-majors don't get a choice. Interesting that UConn is the only one with this conflict as was pointed out above. Either our Athletic dept. is inept, we are viewed as a mid major, or we are forever really not interested in having a real football program. Or all of the above. Hurts both crowds. Hurts football more though. Especially if it is a 7-730 kick off.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
yeah - Houston's success makes this a likely 6 day hold. I'm going to guess that we hear "3:30 or 7" at the normal 2-week window, and basketball gets tabbed for noon.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Bumping as we'll hopefully find out something today. I bet on the above - a 6 day hold with 330 or 7 "announced"

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Undefeated Houston vs the biggest brand in the AAC climbing back to prominence will definitely be a hold deal. I have no idea what other games are being played on 11/21 nor do I care - we have the biggest game in 5 years coming our way here! I just think that this won't be a Noon kickoff on CBS Sports Ocho.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
6-day pick, with no hints. ugh.

They announced a noon and a night game, though, so would think it's a 3:30 lean.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
3:30 would be fine by me! NO excuses to not be able to make that kickoff. The extra hour of tailgating would begin at a more reasonable 10:30 as opposed to 7am. Plenty of time to eat and get rowdy for this HUGE game!

Reaction Score
3:30 would be fine by me! NO excuses to not be able to make that kickoff. The extra hour of tailgating would begin at a more reasonable 10:30 as opposed to 7am. Plenty of time to eat and get rowdy for this HUGE game!

hoping for cold rain showers with snow, 35 degrees winds at 8 out of the NW......
AD IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT AGAINST A FL OR TX TEAM, .......

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
@tcf15 just posted on the BB board:

Noon tip for men.

"late afternoon or evening" kick for football.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
hoping for cold rain showers with snow, 35 degrees winds at 8 out of the NW.
AD IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT AGAINST A FL OR TX TEAM, ..
I'm all for making it miserable for visiting teams, but that weather if truly awful for spectators. Make it about 10 degrees colder and snowing. No rain. I wouldn't mind a weather replay of USF 2009, though I had a hole in my boot and got pretty darned near frostbite.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm all for making it miserable for visiting teams, but that weather if truly awful for spectators. Make it about 10 degrees colder and snowing. No rain. I wouldn't mind a weather replay of USF 2009, though I had a hole in my boot and got pretty darned near frostbite.

No precip, please. Cold and a touch of wind would be more than enough.

That USF blizzard game was insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky