21st November Logistical issue - uh oh... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

21st November Logistical issue - uh oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Football vs Houston TBA
Mens BBall vs Furman TBA @ Gampel

This has the potential to either be AWESOME or REALLY SUCK, depending on timings. Thought it needs its own thread, for those who are going to the football game...

Obviously, this will settle itself in a few weeks, but let's map this out.

1) Rutgers@Army is already on CBSSN at noon. This is interesting, as it takes a likely time slot off of board.
2) SNY has already picked up the basketball game. In theory, this could change, but it seems to point to a noon tip (my opinion)
3) Any scenario that pushes football to a night game is baaaaaad that late in the year.

I honestly think best solution is a noon tip / 3:30 kick, though those holding both season tickets may disagree. Obviously, it's out of our hands, but what do you guys think?

The Game at Yale at 2:30pm.

Reaction Score
Well, this took an ugly turn. I'm a football-only ticketholder, but a huge basketball fan too.

I'm just harkening back to the day we played Maryland in Brooklyn and had a competing home game. This isn't competively similar at all, but just noting the logistical issue.

The fact UConn still has this as a TBA for the mens game should be enough to discuss it. Geez...

Welcome to The BY, having said that, you have been around here too long to think something, anything...would be logistical. :D

Reaction Score
Sometime I wonder if the scheduling people even work for the same university. They clearly never communicate with each other. The obvious solution would have been to play Furman on Friday or Sunday and its Furman so this would have been a great chance for them so I bet they'd have taken either option. This is just another scheduling conflict that with a tiny bit of foresight on someone's part could have been avoided. See the Courant story on hockey and basketball this weekend. That clearly ticked off Cav based on his comments. Warde reportedly will step in and decisively monitor both situations.

Reaction Score
Sometime I wonder if the scheduling people even work for the same university. They clearly never communicate with each other. The obvious solution would have been to play Furman on Friday or Sunday and its Furman so this would have been a great chance for them so I bet they'd have taken either option. This is just another scheduling conflict that with a tiny bit of foresight on someone's part could have been avoided. See the Courant story on hockey and basketball this weekend. That clearly ticked off Cav based on his comments. Warde reportedly will step in and decisively monitor both situations.

I cannot understand how people do not realize how little control a university has over scheduling.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I cannot understand how people do not realize how little control a university has over scheduling.
Stop, please. Putting both games on the same day is spitting in the face of season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
Stop, please. Putting both games on the same day is spitting in the face of season ticket holders.

Calm down, dude, nobody is spitting in your face.

The American scheduled the football game and the basketball game being on Saturday probably has to do with Furman being in Charlotte two days earlier for a 7 p.m. game., meaning they would be playing twice in two days.

And seriously, if you are worried about having to choose between UConn-Houston in football and UConn-Furman in basketball maybe just save yourself some money and not buy Football season tickets next year and opt for individual games.

Reaction Score

Also both start times are still TBA so there is a better than good chance you will be able to make both.

Reaction Score
I have tickets to both and will do my best to TRY and give my Furman tickets away. Probably only a 50% chance anyone takes them.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? It's an early season warmup against a payday team. They'd have agreed to play us 20 minutes after their first game ended if we told them to. Of course we could have scheduled it how we wanted. If you mean tv dictates the start time that's true but again I doubt the CBS brain trust is bumping the SEC game of the week for UConn-Furman basketball. We could have and should have played this on Sunday at noon. Leave Saturday for a potentially important football game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Also both start times are still TBA so there is a better than good chance you will be able to make both.
I'll be going to the football game, thank you. And isn't your suggested solution, to quit buying FB season tickets, evidence that the Ath. Dept. effed up here?

Reaction Score
I'll be going to the football game, thank you. And isn't your suggested solution, to quit buying FB season tickets, evidence that the Ath. Dept. effed up here?

Not at all. If you buy season tickets for multiple teams in the same season you have to anticipate that there are going to be conflicts.

Some of them are out of the school's control such as conference games. They can't control those.

Other games we may be able to control a date, but television dictates start times.

It's the price you pay for supporting a school with such a rich athletic history and strong pedigree such as UConn :)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I posted this in a different thread:

Both game times are TBD, my guess is they are waiting for the football to be slotted and then slot the basketball game. Regardless of the fans in the dark shaded area of the Venn Diagram who may have tickets for both, SNY wants to maximize their viewership for basketball as much as ESPN does for football. My guess is SNY will wait for the football game to be slotted and then establish the basketball game tip-off.

That said, It's been 35 years since Furman has even sniffed the NCAA Tournament. UConn will hopefully be competing for a bowl game.

Here's my hope (in order):
12:00 basketball tip off/3:30 football kickoff
1:00 or 4:00 basketball tip/7:00 kickoff
12:00 Kickoff/7:00 tipoff (best case for those with tix to both).

Reaction Score
freescooter said:
What are you talking about? It's an early season warmup against a payday team. They'd have agreed to play us 20 minutes after their first game ended if we told them to. Of course we could have scheduled it how we wanted. If you mean tv dictates the start time that's true but again I doubt the CBS brain trust is bumping the SEC game of the week for UConn-Furman basketball. We could have and should have played this on Sunday at noon. Leave Saturday for a potentially important football game.

You are 100 pct right here. I love to give you a hard time about this stuff but it doesn't make any sense.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sometime I wonder if the scheduling people even work for the same university. They clearly never communicate with each other.

It's amazing that you still do not know how things work.

Reaction Score
May you be blessed, you silly silly person. To think with common sense and reasoning on this site. Such a bold move. :eek: :D

Reaction Score
It's amazing that you still do not know how things work.
It's a friggin early season payday game for Furman. If we told them to play at half time of their other game they'd do it. They want 2 things out of this.
1. The money
2. The noteriety of playing a 4 time national champ.

Of those #1 is way more important.

Reaction Score
Incorrect. The Furman game is considered a "sub-regional" game in the Battle for Atlantis. We didn't have a choice.
Funny how Michigan was a let to play its preliminary round on Tuesday night and A&M and Texas could play Friday night but we "didn't have a choice". Even Charlotte didn't have to compete with its football game on Saturday. Good excuse but the facts suggest it ain't true.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Funny how Michigan was a let to play its preliminary round on Tuesday night and A&M and Texas could play Friday night but we "didn't have a choice". Even Charlotte didn't have to compete with its football game on Saturday. Good excuse but the facts suggest it ain't true.

1) Errr what Michigan game on Tuesday?
2) Texas and aTm play in Atlantis on Wednesday the 25th like us?
3) You do realize we can't play Furman at same time Charlotte does? If there is a logitstical issue, that's probably it, as Furman is making one road trip of it.

Making the football and basketball games TBA is making the best of a potentially crappy situation - question is, how crappy does it end up?

Reaction Score
Michigan-Elon is 11/16
Texas A&M plays A&M Corpus Christi 11/19
Washington plays 11/19
We're kowtowing to Charlotte and Furman and people don't think we are a mid major now...

Reaction Score
freescooter said:
Michigan-Elon is 11/16 Texas A&M plays A&M Corpus Christi 11/19 Washington plays 11/19 We're kowtowing to Charlotte and Furman and people don't think we are a mid major now...

Not sure I would go to UCONN / Furman if they played it in the street in front of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom