2025 Recruiting: Tounde Yessoufou | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Tounde Yessoufou

Reaction Score
Looks like he’ll beat somebody up on defense and run the heck out of the floor, and drive it down your throat

His opposite number will hate him

Don’t know if we have any former wrestler’s on the boneyard, but he’s like a guy who is a relentless wrestler, you want to say “leave me alone” if you have to wrestle him

Oh, I really like him

Reaction Score

Brick. House.

No idea what his 'position' is, but he looks like a tough matchup for most players. Intrigued by this one. Anyone have shooting numbers?

Screenshot_20240715_204609_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Vs Fusion today. As always EYBL messed up some stats. I’m not quite sure how they even got that # of FT from their own box score. But anyways, here’s my thoughts. As always, I’m not sugarcoating anything to be nice if a kid’s family visits the ‘Yard. Relatively unfiltered thoughts. Keep in mind, this is just one game and 4 or 5 highlights of information… VERY preliminary scout.

27 Minutes

29 PTS
8 REB (2 offensive)
1 AST

2 TO
8 STL
3 BLK

10/16 2FG
1/2 3FG
6/9 FT

Overall: Freak athlete. Defensive savant. Offensively limited. Size will limit him. He’s definitely about 6’5, which is going to make even the 4 for us a challenge considering his skills on offense. At first I was thinking he’d be a ¾ tweener, but I’m not sure that’s the right word. He has some 3, 4, and 5 in him, but no real offensive identity. He’s the kind of player in football recruiting they’d just say “athlete.” He’s going to impact a team positively, but it’s unclear what actual role he would fit in the offense we’ve run these past two years. Defensively, he’s going to kill some people.

Offense: Very limited offensively, especially in the half-court. He’s getting by right now by being bigger and stronger than his peers. Not a shooter at this stage. Free throw percentage is promising with an overall of something like 75% through EYBL, but his form is odd. Combs his hair with the release a bit and it’s a bit flat. Seems to like working from the mid-post posting up, driving, or mid-range J which doesn’t really jive with our offensive identity at present. Handles are not great for a 3–okay if he’s playing the 4. Can handle a little in the full-court, but not half court outside of a line drive with a lot of space. No left hand at the rim or dribbling. Seems comfortable swinging on the perimeter vs pressure, but not a good or creative passer in the half-court. I do think he has some decent footwork on the drive, and that can be somewhere he grows.

Defense: I am having trouble thinking of a single negative thing to say about his individual and team defense skill. Yeah, he had a lapse here or there but I don’t recall scouting such a complete defender in a long time, frankly. He will easily, easily guard the 2-4 and even the 1 or 5 in a pinch. He seriously looks that versatile. Long, superb athlete with unbelievable strength for his age. At times it looks like he could guard two opponents at once. On another play, he read a lob from outside the 3-point line and sprinted and leapt to break it up. Hustle plays galore. At one point he had back-to-back steals for and-1s. Great rebounding instincts and technique overall. Finds a body and hits it, but also uses his instincts to just get the ball too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom