2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Watch | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Danny needs to start building those direct relationships with some Big Donors. Recruiting will depend on it.
This has always been part of his job. It’s just the way the money is used that has changed

Reaction Score
Finkelstein thinks we take 3 HS guys. 2 perimeter oriented players (1 guard and a wing or 2 guards) and 1 big.
That makes more sense if he thinks Stew is coming back. otherwise our only returning PFs/Cs are Abraham/Reed/Singare so we’d need 2 of Ament/Bubdalo/Reibe/Cenac or I guess 1 plus a transfer if stew leaves

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To summarize:

Finkelstein thinks we take 3 HS guys. 2 perimeter oriented players (1 guard and a wing or 2 guards) and 1 big.

Perimeter players (pick 2)
Meleek Thomas - In good shape
Braylon Mullins - In good shape, perhaps first to commit between Meleek and Braylon.
Brayden Burries
Darius Adams
Acaden Lewis
--
(Also in the mix)
Tounde Yessoufou
Hudson Greer (maybe)
Dwayne Aristode (maybe)

Bigs
Niko Bundalo - Coming on OV, but tough competition
Eric Reibe
Nate Ament

I'm curious where Yessoufou falls in this calculus. Super unique skillset. Kind of like Andre where he does A LOT to help you win but isn't an obvious plug and play position compared to our 2024 recruits. He's almost a 2-5 tweener.

Reaction Score
I'm curious where Yessoufou falls in this calculus. Super unique skillset. Kind of like Andre where he does A LOT to help you win but isn't an obvious plug and play position compared to our 2024 recruits. He's almost a 2-5 tweener.
They mentioned him in both conversations (the bigs and the guards), so I don't think anyone really knows lol.

awy

Reaction Score
i think they should look at lower usage players with elite tools on stacked teams, basically the 2nd-4th options on the top teams. also kids of nba stars. these two groups tend to be big value.

Reaction Score

Judging by everything I’ve heard of late, I’d be shocked if UConn didn’t finish the cycle with either

Meleek Thomas
or
Acaden Lewis
in the fold. Which prospect they are pursuing hardest at the time being depends on who you ask, but the tea leaves suggest the defending champs walk away with one of the two hyper-talented guards when all is said and done.

Should UConn land Lewis instead of Thomas, it would mean good news for Arkansas, which is trying to kick down the door to Thomas’ top group, among others. If it’s Thomas that lands in Storrs, programs such as Syracuse, Duke or Auburn stand to see a confidence boost when it comes to Lewis. Either way, It’s exceedingly difficult for me to imagine Dan Hurley coming up empty when it comes to his pursuit of a top-flight point guard.

Reaction Score

Judging by everything I’ve heard of late, I’d be shocked if UConn didn’t finish the cycle with either

Meleek Thomas
or
Acaden Lewis
in the fold. Which prospect they are pursuing hardest at the time being depends on who you ask, but the tea leaves suggest the defending champs walk away with one of the two hyper-talented guards when all is said and done.

Should UConn land Lewis instead of Thomas, it would mean good news for Arkansas, which is trying to kick down the door to Thomas’ top group, among others. If it’s Thomas that lands in Storrs, programs such as Syracuse, Duke or Auburn stand to see a confidence boost when it comes to Lewis. Either way, It’s exceedingly difficult for me to imagine Dan Hurley coming up empty when it comes to his pursuit of a top-flight point guard.

I don't understand why people keep thinking it's one or the other of AL and MT. They play different positions.

Reaction Score

Meleek Thomas
or
Acaden Lewis

Well that’s nice to see. How plugged in is Cassidy?

Reaction Score
It must be something besides position then driving the narrative (e.g. NIL available or ball dominance to name a few)

I'm probably in the minority, but if that's the case--I'm going all in on Lewis. Need a couple real lead guards on the roster. I think he's underrated and should be top-15 based on pure production.

With Mahaney on the roster during Meleek's OAD season, what we really need is a 2/3 combo-ish like Mullins/Adams. Obviously not complaining if MT commits. He's a freak talent and probably the best of our recruits outside Ament. He'd just require a little more adjustment roster construction-wise.

Unrelated but I REALLY want Yessoufou if we can pull it off. He's a problem on defense.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why people keep thinking it's one or the other of AL and MT. They play different positions.
sure but there's still only 120 minutes available among the 3 backcourt positions (i consider SF a backcourt position now). Let's say we got Thomas- he would start at SG which would mean Ball is the 3rdG aka SF (where we also have Ross), which would mean Aidan and Nowell are splitting PG duties, which would mean no room for Lewis.

awy

Reaction Score
dont think they are telling any player they are guaranteed minutes. gotta compete for it. if they win they win

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
dont think they are telling any player they are guaranteed minutes. gotta compete for it. if they win they win
Does this mean Solo Ball and Jayden Ross are starters this year?

Based on the open practice and summer workout standings.

awy

Reaction Score
Does this mean Solo Ball and Jayden Ross are starters this year?

Based on the open practice and summer workout standings.
that's one hour out of the summer. you don't know who's been the best the entire way.

being really good may not guarantee minutes but this policy is more important when someone is not performing. guaranteeing playing time leads to complacency and team chemistry problems when someone is sucking but starting.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
that's one hour out of the summer. you don't know who's been the best the entire way.

being really good may not guarantee minutes but this policy is more important when someone is not performing. guaranteeing playing time leads to complacency and team chemistry problems when someone is sucking but starting.
For the summer winners, Solo Ball came in 2nd for the first and second part. Jayden Ross came in 3rd in both sessions as well. Diarra in 1st.

By that logic does that mean that should be the starting 1-3? That’s a whole summer of results and competition that was measured.

Alex Karaban was also mentioned as a leader as well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
For the summer winners, Solo Ball came in 2nd for the first and second part. Jayden Ross came in 3rd in both sessions as well. Diarra in 1st.

By that logic does that mean that should be the starting 1-3? That’s a whole summer of results and competition that was measured.

Alex Karaban was also mentioned as a leader as well.

Can someone explain the Olympic podium thing? Are they at an actual event?

Why?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Can someone explain the Olympic podium thing? Are they at an actual event?

Why?
I have no idea the criteria that goes into it. Hurley has been doing the “summer winners” since he’s been here.

A lot of coaches have systems to keep track of how players practice, sometimes it also involves off court/field stuff (Jim Harbaugh did this with the off court items to go along with on field).

Hurley is the first one I’ve seen broadcast the winners. I also don’t follow other programs closely enough to know who else may or may not do it.

Reaction Score

This was more than one hour...

DHas Wins Summer Practice.JPG

Reaction Score
Deep down inside his mom and Meleek no there’s only one choice next fall where he will be pushed, developed and compete for national championships. Then green room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom