2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Correct.

Correct.
IMG_2533.jpeg

Reaction Score
Finally saw his highlights embedded in the article and he really looks like a Hawkins clone.
IMO-Meleek is much more proficient with the ball in his hands-Putting it on the floor and getting to the hole than UConn Jordan. Meleek is multi-dimensional three level scorer. Jordan more catch and shoot-getting open through offensive schemes-With an ok handle. Both highly skilled at what they do best.

Meleek is a much better passer and defender now than the CBB Jordan.

Reaction Score
IMO-Meleek is much more proficient with the ball in his hands-Putting it on the floor and getting to the hole than UConn Jordan. Meleek is multi-dimensional three level scorer. Jordan more catch and shoot-getting open through offensive schemes-With an ok handle. Both highly skilled at what they do best.

Meleek is a much better passer and defender now than the CBB Jordan.
Thomas can also create for others, which makes him more valuable to an offense.

Reaction Score
then i dont think you were watching meleeks highlights haha
If he means physical clone, then yes. He's got a similar physique. Combo/2-guard height (Hawkins has +1 inch), quite trim/slender body type, wiry strong without huge biceps/delt bulk, average wingspan for height. Bulk has been an issue for Hawkins defensively both in college and the NBA and Thomas will probably struggle similarly (though NBA athleticism for both made up for it somewhat in college but tougher in NBA).

caw

Reaction Score
If he means physical clone, then yes. He's got a similar physique. Combo/2-guard height (Hawkins has +1 inch), quite trim/slender body type, wiry strong without huge biceps/delt bulk, average wingspan for height. Bulk has been an issue for Hawkins defensively both in college and the NBA and Thomas will probably struggle similarly (though NBA athleticism for both made up for it somewhat in college but tougher in NBA).

Biggest difference to me in terms of bulk hurting them is that Hawk would let a cold breeze blow him off finishing at the rim. Thomas somehow absorbs contact and finishes extremely well. Not sure on defense though. Hawk was fine on defense in limited minutes in the NBA. A few did abuse him down in the post but mostly those who abuse everyone down there.

Reaction Score
Biggest difference to me in terms of bulk hurting them is that Hawk would let a cold breeze blow him off finishing at the rim. Thomas somehow absorbs contact and finishes extremely well. Not sure on defense though. Hawk was fine on defense in limited minutes in the NBA. A few did abuse him down in the post but mostly those who abuse everyone down there.
Honestly don’t see any parallels in their game at all. Hawkins was purely a catch and shoot scorer, an exceptional one at that. His game lacked balance, but fit perfectly in the UConn system. Meleek can put the ball on three floor and create, make space. More of a RIP type player if anything.

Reaction Score
Finally saw his highlights embedded in the article and he really looks like a Hawkins clone.

I don't see that at all, personally. Built similarly, but skillset is totally different. Meleek is ball dominant and a 3-level scorer with a deep bag and solid passing. Jordan has a much narrower skillset that he is more elite at (and is the most important skill in the game).

I'd put Meleek closer to a better-passing Bouknight than Hawkins if we're comparing to Hurley players.

caw

Reaction Score
Honestly don’t see any parallels in their game at all. Hawkins was purely a catch and shoot scorer, an exceptional one at that. His game lacked balance, but fit perfectly in the UConn system. Meleek can put the ball on three floor and create, make space. More of a RIP type player if anything.

Agree, I was just responding to their respective lack of bulk. I don't see much of a similarity.

Reaction Score
I don't see that at all, personally. Built similarly, but skillset is totally different. Meleek is ball dominant and a 3-level scorer with a deep bag and solid passing. Jordan has a much narrower skillset that he is more elite at (and is the most important skill in the game).

I'd put Meleek closer to a better-passing Bouknight than Hawkins if we're comparing to Hurley players.
I see a little bit of young Kobe in Meleek.

Reaction Score
Rumors swirling this is a wide open race now.
Yeah I don’t feel great about this. To me, feels like this ended up being more of an NIL play. Frustrating, but the longer it went the worse I’ve felt. Let’s move on.

Reaction Score
Hope that isn’t the case, but this is dragging out so long something doesn’t seem right

Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t feel great about this. To me, feels like this ended up being more of an NIL play. Frustrating, but the longer it went the worse I’ve felt. Let’s move on.
We are that all those crystal balls came out for us and nothing lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94