2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Watch | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ummm Meleek Thomas?

Fwiw, that's what I came here for, starting off by jumping myself to a couple pages ago.

Pretty much, there's not much more here than a lot of posters jockeying for the best combination of nuanced lens, attempted prescient thinking, and targeting the strongest claim to a values-based last-word analysis of which teenager & family gets it most 'right' ... as if there really is such a thing.

[As if, further still, my, "This is a silly thing to do" aim at the perfect non-take is any better than the efforts of someone taking things more seriously and really trying to nail it.]

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The character assassinations of kids and their families that don't go to UConn are beyond corny and lame now, it's kinda wild that some of y'all are actually adults talking like this.
It's like you don't know us at all.

(For what it's worth, this is a phenomenon that can be found on every college fan site.)

Reaction Score
Who is going to walk away feeling like they have an actual relationship with a university that they can always lean on, Stephon or Isiah Collier?

I don't get what Isaiah Collier has to do with this. What do we know about his relationship with USC?

Reaction Score
It sounds like Ace Dybantsa is screening based on NIL, and then with a final 8 or whatever it is he'll let AJ evaluate the schools and pick his favorite. He was quoted in one of the posts here as saying if AJ's favorite school offered $8 million NIL and another offered $10 million NIL, they'd go with AJ's favorite for $8 million. Based on that, AJ hasn't had a say yet, and AJ may care about non-financial considerations.
Well bless his heart

Reaction Score
Ummm Meleek Thomas?
Didnt want to do it but I have to. Choo Choo
1724087205586.gif

Reaction Score
New on3 drop here:

For those with no subscription, the Thomas piece. Take it for what it’s worth but it’s the highest confidence level of the 10 or so recruits he touches. Not a lot of noteworthy UConn notes other than on Meleek.

Five-Star Plus+ SG Meleek Thomas​

Meleek Thomas recently announced he is transferring to Atlanta (GA) Overtime Elite to play his senior season. The Five-Star Plus+ guard has taken four official visits up to this point in his process. These visits were to Kentucky (with John Calipari), Auburn, Pittsburgh, and most recently UConn. Sources have consistently mentioned watching UConn here. In speaking with Thomas after his visit he spoke specifically about Dan Hurley and his style.

Thomas has announced his final seven schools, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Kansas, Kansas State, Pittsburgh, and UConn. Thomas tells me he plans to take official visits to Arkansas, Kansas, Alabama, and Kansas State in the September-October time frame with his intentions to sign during the Early Signing Period. Arkansas is a school that has been mentioned to me recently, specifically Thomas’ intrigue with Calipari. It is worth monitoring the commitment date and what – if any – future visits he goes on.

Prediction: UConn
Confidence Level: 45%
Biggest Threat: Arkansas

Reaction Score
Also an interesting NIL article out by the CBS team:

Yeah, I started its own thread because it's such a hot topic lately. $5 million? Any guesses who that is?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I started its own thread because it's such a hot topic lately. $5 million? Any guesses who that is?

Look no further than our guy AJ. I can’t think of another player that can command that without ensuring laughter.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If the conversation is Stephon Castle vs Isaiah Collier that's a completely different conversation than AJ Dybantsa. If the NBA didn't have their stupid rule he wouldn't even have to go through this charade.

He's a generational player who is going to have half the NBA tanking to try to get him. There's no reason for him to care about a relationship with a college program, he'll have everything he needs and more with the NBA
Makes sense. I hope that the players keep demanding, and getting, larger and larger sums of cash until the whole system super novas four years from now.

Does anyone know if the Ivy League is participating in NIL?

Reaction Score
I see, the Academic Progress Rate (APR) requirements have been replaced by NIL and $Bags.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the Ivy League is participating in NIL?

My understanding is that they don't have any donor collectives as of yet but the individual students are free to do what they can on their own, subject to a set of parameters set out by the school. I think they get Opendorse accounts.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that they don't have any donor collectives as of yet but the individual students are free to do what they can on their own, subject to a set of parameters set out by the school. I think they get Opendorse accounts.

Not sure about other schools, but the Yale folks I know have said the alumni aren't really interested in setting up collectives. Some individual alum are working with the athletes directly, but it tends to be sport-specific.

Reaction Score
His pitch is probably I'll get you into the NBA.........look how many of my guys make the league and become great players there.

The recruits don't do any research to find that his players that make the league are the most highly rated out of HS and Cal's "development program" is still under development.
You don’t think other coaches point that out during recruiting???

Reaction Score
Not sure about other schools, but the Yale folks I know have said the alumni aren't really interested in setting up collectives. Some individual alum are working with the athletes directly, but it tends to be sport-specific.
If Yale, Harvard & UPenn wanted get involved with Nil, they could buy the 3 best teams

Reaction Score
You don’t think other coaches point that out during recruiting???
I think most of us buy the premise that Cal is a great recruiter and a fair in game coach. If he’s only a fair in game coach, what does that say about his ability to truly develop players? I don’t think it speaks well to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom