2024 UConn Football Commit - Cole Welliver (Denton, Texas) | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Cole Welliver (Denton, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Cole Welliver is a 6-6 215lb QB from Liberty Christian High School in Argyle Texas. Other offers from Arizona State, BGSU Colorado, Colorado State, FAU, Fordham, ODU, UTSA, Washington State and WKU.

Highlights

2021 profile article:

Reaction Score
Landing a legitimate three-star pro style QB, feels awesome.

247 ranks him as the 9th highest recruit in UConn history!

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 3.01.16 PM.png

Reaction Score
We must have wowed him as he said in this article not long ago he planned to make a decision after the season.

Texas QB Cole Welliver ready to throw in spring

Argyle (Texas) Liberty Christian quarterback Cole Welliver is coming off a stellar performance at the Under Armour Camp in Dallas this month.

Welliver earned QB MVP honors at the event and as the spring evaluation period inches closer, he's looking forward to throwing for several schools.

As a freshman in Washington, Welliver was offered by FAU, Colorado, Arizona State and Washington State and once he moved to Texas, added offers from Colorado State and UTSA.

More schools have been in touch.

"Ive talked a lot recently with Boise State, they seem interested and West Virginia, Florida State, North Texas and Rice all came by," said Welliver.

So the spring will give him a chance to throw for coaches.

"I’m honestly just looking forward for a college to be excited about my skills and abilities," said Welliver. "I definitely can't wait to prove myself this spring. I'm really focused on off-season training and enjoy being in the classroom with coach (Jason) Witten."

With the former Tennessee Vols and Dallas Cowboy star his new head coach at his new school, Welliver said the two are working on a camp and visit list.

"I’m planning to talk to Coach Witten about this this week and get it all set up," said Welliver. "I definitely am trying to go to as many camps as I can and hope to get that schedule set soon. Again, I'm really looking forward to proving myself this off season."

Welliver said he wants to play his senior campaign before making a decision.

"I plan to make my decision after my senior football season," said Welliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom