2024 UConn Football Commit - Cole Welliver (Denton, Texas) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Cole Welliver (Denton, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Should help us land some solid receivers.
This. Having a quarterback that "can make all the throws" doesn't matter if you can't get separation. But if you put both together, or we immediately become a much more dangerous football team.

Reaction Score
I sure wish signing day was tomorrow. If he has a big senior year some big fish may come calling
If UConn gets into the Big 12, then he will likely sign. If UConn doesn't, then I agree that he will look at other options. He was probably told that there is a very high chance UConn goes to the Big 12. Otherwise his commitment doesn't make sense based on where he is from or where he plays high school football or his ranking compared to where UConn is as a program right now.

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> Welliver is the No. 293 recruit in the ESPN 300 rankings for the Class of 2024 and the No. 12 quarterback in his class. Given four stars by ESPN and three on 247Sports, where he is ranked No. 60 at his position…

… After passing for 2,263 yards, 17 touchdowns and six interceptions in his first season as a varsity starter at Flower Mound Marcus last fall, Welliver transferred to Argyle Liberty Christian, where he’ll play for former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, according to the Dallas Morning News. <-

Reaction Score
Glad Mora went back to recruit/offer kids from the Dallas Ft-Worth Area. Cannot miss with having a Texas kid ;)

Reaction Score
Late to the party but !

1686953074155.gif

Reaction Score

Alternate access <<

-> Flying in to begin his Storrs visit Tuesday night, Welliver fell in love with the area. By the time he left on Thursday he knew he was a Husky.

“It was just so nice up there,” Welliver told The Courant on Friday. “The facilities are so nice, everything about the school is just super nice. Everyone is nice there. The offense at my school right now is literally the exact same thing that UConn runs, so I feel like that would be a good fit for me.”

Welliver did say that the idea of UConn moving to the Big 12 conference, a rumor that has resurfaced in recent weeks, was brought up on his visit. “They were talking about the Big 12 and moving to the Big 12; saying how, if it does go through, how such a big deal that would be for all of the players and the school.”

Welliver clarified that the Power Five possibility served as merely a “cherry on top” for his decision making; he was coming to Storrs regardless.

“Going to a school, I feel like it’s mostly about the coaches. Being with the right kind of coach and a coach that will fit my style.” <-

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Alternate access <<

-> Flying in to begin his Storrs visit Tuesday night, Welliver fell in love with the area. By the time he left on Thursday he knew he was a Husky.

“It was just so nice up there,” Welliver told The Courant on Friday. “The facilities are so nice, everything about the school is just super nice. Everyone is nice there. The offense at my school right now is literally the exact same thing that UConn runs, so I feel like that would be a good fit for me.”

Welliver did say that the idea of UConn moving to the Big 12 conference, a rumor that has resurfaced in recent weeks, was brought up on his visit. “They were talking about the Big 12 and moving to the Big 12; saying how, if it does go through, how such a big deal that would be for all of the players and the school.”

Welliver clarified that the Power Five possibility served as merely a “cherry on top” for his decision making; he was coming to Storrs regardless.

“Going to a school, I feel like it’s mostly about the coaches. Being with the right kind of coach and a coach that will fit my style.” <-

I love this part also about Mora..

"“He was just talking about how the culture here is, like, out of this world and how all of the players are here to work, here to win, and they’re just building this program back up,” Welliver said."

There are so many coaches out there that are snake oil salesmen...all BS and out to advance themselves. Mora appears to be the real deal and if UConn has another strong year and especially if UConn gets a P5 invite...watch out for Mora's recruiting.

Reaction Score

Alternate access <<

So is his high school running a college offense or are we running a high school offense? I hope the former.

Reaction Score
What this commit shows us is how hot of a football program UCONN will be if we are added to the B12. Mora is going to be reeling them in fast if we join the B12. We have no idea what our ceiling is with a big-time coach recruiting to a power conference in the NIL/transfer portal era.

It will be glorious!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak