2024 Red Sox | The Boneyard

2024 Red Sox

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't start many threads, but there didn't appear to be a Red Sox thread for the current season. There is now.

They finished last year at 78-84, despite being 57-51 and only 2.5 games out of the wild card at the trade deadline. To me, the issue with 2023 actually started in 2019, when they went from one extreme in player /development/acquisition (Dave Dombrowski) to the other (Chaim Bloom). At the end of the day, Bloom just couldn't shake his Tampa tendencies and part with prospects for the betterment of the Major League club, and doing comparatively nothing for the 3rd straight season destroyed morale...again. They ended up being the best last place team among the six divisions and Bloom lost his job because of his hesitancy to pull any trigger, let alone THE trigger.

For about 3 years, the organization seemed to want to drum up interest on the field, by doing other stuff off of it. and even after Tom Werner proclaimed they were going "Full throttle," the winter progressed as if they were stuck in 2nd gear.

The lineup actually looks fairly decent. The bulk of the 'Sox' issues will be on the mound. All five projected starters are righties and while Brayan Bello is the Opening Night starter and has shown Top of the Rotation potential, he's not an Ace. Each of the back end starters were once highly thought of farmhands, but none have really pulled it together as rotation pieces (Whitlock is far more effective out of the 'pen). They just don't seem to have a guy who can reset the bullpen on a regular basis. Speaking of which, other than aging Kenley Jensen and Chris Martin, the bullpen is mainly a collection of "Who?'s" to casual outside observers.

All that said, "Hope springs eternal (A phrase that should never be used in reference to the Red Sox)." We shall see what we shall see.

Reaction Score
I'll tell ya what- as they said last night in the telecast, Cora wants them to get more athletic and younger and you can see it after one game.
I like the diversity of their outfield. Duran, Rafaela ans ONeill left to right. The play where Rafaela caught the LF sleeping and turned a double from a triple was outstanding. And his stance being just like Mookies is fun to see.
Not bad after one game. If they can take 2 of 3 on the road against seattles strong starters, that's pretty good.

Reaction Score
My summer vacation starts the weekend of the Yankees/Red Sox series in Boston. I'm a Yankees fan and was thinking about a trip up to Boston to catch one of the games with my wife and I.

Any suggestions of visitors' ettitque as a Yankees fan in Fenway? I'd like to wear my gear, but not plan on putting any extra attention on myself.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any suggestions of visitors' ettitque as a Yankees fan in Fenway? I'd like to wear my gear, but not plan on putting any extra attention on myself.
Things have changed. Wear your gear, Fenway caters to visiting fans these days.

Reaction Score

Fenway is an amusement park these days. No one cares. The days of getting beaten up in the bleachers for wearing a Yankee hat are long gone.

My serious advice would be the same as it is for everyone: don't go. Maybe an empty stadium forces Henry to sell the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom