Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Back after a brief hiatus had multiple personal things that needed attention and hope everyone is well. Still followed the season. I'll keep it brief:
1) Seem to be firmly on the bubble and it's a tossup. Didn't make it easy for themselves. I'm not as optimistic as the so-called "experts" but won't be surprised either way. Turn it on at noon and see what happens.
2) IF they do get in, they'll be entering in better shape versus last year primarily due to starting pitching (depth and quality) that can get through a regional.
3) Offense is worse than last year but in a regional variance is their friend. It's not a 50+ game regional. Short-format helps them.
4) IF they do get in I want UCSB. They were cocky and arrogant back in March and I want a revenge trip.

Good luck and let's see what happens.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Any other year, I would have loved our draw. This year, I don't have the confidence, but who knows. That is why they play the game! Congrats to Coach Penders for 6 in a row. Let's win this regional!

Reaction Score
Glad we got in. Just flipped to Duke in ACC champ. Not even sure if its replay or live but the guy just hit a 450 foot bomb grand slam. I will turn off now.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Santucci might strike out 20 huskies.

OU is a beatable host but Duke is a brutal 2. Their offense is prone to randomly falling asleep but they have top shelf pitching (though not that much depth).

Reaction Score

OU is a beatable host but Duke is a brutal 2. Their offense is prone to randomly falling asleep but they have top shelf pitching (though not that much depth).
They should have been a one.

Reaction Score

I’ve seen Duke and OU several times this year. UConn is not at that level (especially offensively). However this format plays to their advantage. A lot easier to pull an upset in baseball than say football. I’m realistic but hopeful going into this weekend. They get a second life. Lets see what they can do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom