2024 NBA Mock Drafts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Drafts

Reaction Score
Nailed it. If he can protect the rim, dunk/layup his way to 12-15ish PPG, and show a decent shot form then the scouts will be all over him

7'2 agile center who can finish at the rim, run the floor, control the paint, and potentially stretch the floor is a highly valuable build. And as a college sophomore that's an EASY lottery pick. The footspeed on defense, conditioning, and vision can be worked on in the league

Also... being a sophomore won't hurt his stock as much as some others. He never prepped or reclassed after freshman year, so he's only going to be 20.4 on draft day. He'll be younger than Brandon Miller and the same age as Amen and Ausar were.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lively just went 12th after his freshman year, Clingan is better than him.
Completely different players. Lively is way more athletic. 40 inch vertical. Like a 7 foot Andre Jackson. Lively can handle the ball. Clingan has better post skills, better passing, vision, I assume shooting. Clingan was certainly better last year. Sanogo was a lot better than Lively (as was Timme) and didn’t get drafted.

Agree with @husky429 the young age really helps him.

Reaction Score
Completely different players. Lively is way more athletic. 40 inch vertical. Like a 7 foot Andre Jackson. Lively can handle the ball. Clingan has better post skills, better passing, vision, I assume shooting. Clingan was certainly better last year. Sanogo was a lot better than Lively (as was Timme) and didn’t get drafted.

Especially for a real Big. They generally take longer to develop. The sky’s the limit for DC.

Reaction Score

Where did you see Lively handling the ball? High School doesn’t matter anymore. He like never left the paint on offense.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This guy was higher than most on Andre Jackson going into the draft. Just shared his perspective on 2024 and DC and SC are both lotto. He lists Jaylin Stewart in his "Tier 4" which is the first time I've seen anyone mention Jaylin for 2024.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
This guy was higher than most on Andre Jackson going into the draft. Just shared his perspective on 2024 and DC and SC are both lotto. He lists Jaylin Stewart in his "Tier 4" which is the first time I've seen anyone mention Jaylin for 2024.

Are we sleeping on Stewart?

Reaction Score
Castle we sure hops is a stud who shoots well enough. Clingan has to show a lot more than last year to go top 20.
To the contrary, it would take a major regress and/or a serious medical concern for Clingan to fall out of the top 20 next year (neither being impossible, of course). Smart analysts, such as Sam Vecenie, correctly saw him in the 20-ish range had he declared this year. We're lucky he's betting on his ceiling as a top-10 pick.

caw

Reaction Score
High ceiling guy for sure. He has a deep bag. I haven't seen the effeciency or defense to warrant draft interest yet.

If those are his two issues he came to the correct school. We all know those are probably two things Hurley teaches the best, good shot efficiency and defense.

I will say he did take a lot of challenged/forced shots but they appeared to be shots his coach was more than OK with him taking, so it will be interesting to see how quickly he adjusts.

Reaction Score
I do agree that the sentiment is between 2023 and 2004. I think 2004 is the right answer. But on the right track that the ceilings of this year and 2004 were higher than any other team. Not even to say the 1999 or 2011 teams weren’t “better” than this years. But goodness when 2023 and 2004 got rolling the firepower was so much more than the other 3 teams.

Reaction Score

Is Jaylin on campus yet?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
i’m surprised that karaban wasn’t mentioned in earlier mocks. the guy obviously showed that he can defend throughout the tournament. can shoot the ball & maybe 6’9? unless something goes left, he’s in that draft.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
i’m surprised that karaban wasn’t mentioned in earlier mocks. the guy obviously showed that he can defend throughout the tournament. can shoot the ball & maybe 6’9? unless something goes left, he’s in that draft.
His recruiting profile says 6’7. If he’s 6’9 now that would help his NBA prospects a lot. At 6’7 he may have to show he can play the 3 more.

Reaction Score
In pictures where Karaban is next to Sanogo, he looks slightly shorter. He’s probably 6’6/6’6.5 without shoes right now

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His recruiting profile says 6’7. If he’s 6’9 now that would help his NBA prospects a lot. At 6’7 he may have to show he can play the 3 more.
I don't think he's more than 6'7" He's tall enough for the 4, if he gets stronger. But no matter what he'd need to have enough agility to switch and take SF and SG defensively, so I expect he's working on that too.

Reaction Score
I present to you the worst 2024 big board I have ever seen. No Clingan, and - wait for it - Judah Mintz at #1. I figured we could all use a good laugh.

His take on not having Clingan in there was enough for me to just move on and laugh. Would be shocked if he has seen him play at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom