2024 NBA Mock Drafts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Drafts

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His take on not having Clingan in there was enough for me to just move on and laugh. Would be shocked if he has seen him play at all.
Donovan Clingan, notably terrible vertical spacer.

Reaction Score
i’m surprised that karaban wasn’t mentioned in earlier mocks. the guy obviously showed that he can defend throughout the tournament. can shoot the ball & maybe 6’9? unless something goes left, he’s in that draft.
Could be a quintessential 3 and D guy, especially if he gets even better at moving off the ball and finding space

Reaction Score
Could be a quintessential 3 and D guy, especially if he gets even better at moving off the ball and finding space

Other than shooting, his best attribute IS moving the ball. He's a fantastic passer and doesn't turn it over--it's a major reason we won the chip this year. And he is not the caliber of athlete to be a great defender at the NBA level.

This take is pretty wildly off the mark.

Reaction Score
Other than shooting, his best attribute IS moving the ball. He's a fantastic passer and doesn't turn it over--it's a major reason we won the chip this year. And he is not the caliber of athlete to be a great defender at the NBA level.

This take is pretty wildly off the mark.
I said moving off the ball and finding space, not moving the ball

And I mean if he is going to play in the NBA he’s going to have to defend despite his lower athletic ceiling

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hoping Alex is so good offensively that he forces teams hands in the draft. Don’t envision a world where he’s ever a positive defensively in the league.

Reaction Score
And I mean if he is going to play in the NBA he’s going to have to defend despite his lower athletic ceiling

Yep. The point is that he isn't going to be a 3&D because he's not going to be an elite defender. That's a poor archetype for him. He needs to bring something else--and will.

Reaction Score
I forget where I heard it, prob Vecenie, but he said he had more scouts reaching out about AK than anyone else. He also mentioned that he loves Gavin G. and thinks he has a shot at one and done but is on an island w/ that take. The Whitmore love is looking amazing.

Reaction Score
If they like Castle this much at 6’4-6’5, wait till they find out he’s 6’6, 6’7.
Yeah I don't know if they meant without shoes (see the discussion in the other thread), but that was a bit bizarre to me. Otherwise, great in-depth video. It's good to see a slightly pessimistic take on Castle. Helps remain a bit objective as a fan.

Reaction Score
Upside also gets GMs and coaches fired when it doesn’t come to fruition.
Since the entire NBA draft is based on potential, they are all in trouble if draft choices don't perform in the league.

But for NBA GMs upside trumps high floor.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah I don't know if they meant without shoes (see the discussion in the other thread), but that was a bit bizarre to me. Otherwise, great in-depth video. It's good to see a slightly pessimistic take on Castle. Helps remain a bit objective as a fan.
Yeah I loved their breakdowns. Thanks for sharing.

Just makes me more excited about Clingan. He may have DPOY potential. The Castle-Clingan pick and roll is going to put the Hamilton-Brimah one to shame.

The issues the spoke about with Castle should be easily fixed with this staff and playing with better talent in regards to his jumpshot and shot selection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom