2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Most of the mock drafts seem to have Karaban in the 40s. Is that enough for him to stay in the draft?
2023 40th pick got $7.6m over 4yrs, $1.9m guaranteed. 41st got $0 guaranteed I believe. He'll be looking for a verbal agreement with someone if that's where he's at.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Man idk. Trae's limited defensively but he's an all-NBA caliber playmaker who's basically a walking top 10 offense. Up until this season the Hawks always had a much better overall rating with him on than off, and the fit (lack thereof) with Dejounte basically explains why his numbers have gone downhill the past two seasons.

I'd offer Atlanta all their picks back, the 8th pick this year and whatever flotsam contracts are necessary to make the deal work. The Spurs would then go into next year with:

PG: Trae
SG: Vassell
SF: Johnson
PF: Sochan
C: Wemby

And then they'd have promising young guys like Branham, Wesley & whoever they take 4th overall, all their own upcoming picks, plus future firsts from Chicago, Charlotte, Boston and Dallas.

That team's a problem.
Trae and Wemby is a lethal combo.

The guy gets called overrated so much he’s underrated. Don’t know how a guy who constantly averages 25+ and 10 assists doesn’t have more all star appearances.

He also has big time playoff moments in his young career without playing with another All Star.

Reaction Score
Tankathon:

3. Clingan (Houston)
6. Castle (Charlotte)
44. Karaban (Houston)
55. Spencer (LAL, potential LeBron replacement/upgrade)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If either one goes to Charlotte, I have plenty of gear and I’ll load up on more and figure THEIR makeup will be the difference.

I hope and think Castle and Clingan can be “organization failure proof” by being excellent players and pros.

Maybe they can teach Bridges and LaMelo how to maximize their talent.

A Castle or Clingan Hornets jersey will look fressssshhhh in my closet.

Reaction Score
It won’t happen but imagine the Spurs take Clingan at 4 and Castle at 8. Who will ever be able to score against a lineup of those 2, Sochan, and Wemby?

Reaction Score
No Ceilings:

6. Castle (Charlotte)
7. Clingan (Portland)
28. Karaban (Denver)
48. Spencer (San Antonio)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That would be a terrible trade for spurs
Agree. I don't see Trae as a Pop type player.

If I were the Spurs I'd see if I could land Castle and the Serbian combo guard (6'7", very good passer and ball handler, good shooter). The two of them in the backcourt with Wemby could become something special.

Reaction Score
John Hollinger has Castle at 2 and Clingan at 3 in his tier rankings, although this isn’t a mock draft.

Reaction Score
Tankathon:

3. Clingan (Houston)
6. Castle (Charlotte)
44. Karaban (Houston)
55. Spencer (LAL, potential LeBron replacement/upgrade)

SC will be off the board before CLT’s pick

Reaction Score
John Hollinger has Castle at 2 and Clingan at 3 in his tier rankings, although this isn’t a mock draft.

Hollinger pisses me off so much when it comes to how he rates/views Castle. He continually questions Castles shooting ability and potential to become a good shooter while not looking at more specific shooting samples of him improving throughout the season. Yet, he has just above him Ron Holland who shot 24% from three and has an objectively worse looking shot as someone who he seemingly thinks could be a better shooter.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Hollinger pisses me off so much when it comes to how he rates/views Castle. He continually questions Castles shooting ability and potential to become a good shooter while not looking at more specific shooting samples of him improving throughout the season. Yet, he has just above him Ron Holland who shot 24% from three and has an objectively worse looking shot as someone who he seemingly thinks could be a better shooter.
Buddy, he’s got castle second on his big board and it’s very fair to question a kid whose shot mechanics aren’t yet nailed down, and who’s never shot over 30% from 3.

We don’t have to be insane as a fanbase and find perceived slights everywhere.

Reaction Score
Buddy, he’s got castle second on his big board and it’s very fair to question a kid whose shot mechanics aren’t yet nailed down, and who’s never shot over 30% from 3.

I feel you but there’s no need to be calling me insane or dramatic as I’ve been following Hollinger’s draft pieces all year long and his takes on Castle’s shooting facilities have been very declarative in his lack of belief in the shot long term without any true effort put into watching him. He's admitted to forming his opinion while watching Castle shoot during warm ups once or twice this year and clearly did not follow his shooting splits more discerningly as the season went on. Please do not try and paint me or my response as being ridiculous. He does belong that high up on peoples boards and it’s also reasonable for me to want even more respect for them.

Reaction Score

I have to say that i agree that it's nuts to have Holland over Steph. And he really does say that he likes Holland's shot potential better, despite the fact that Steph's shot needs less fixing (Both are imperfect, no question).
Most mocks at this point have Holland closer to 10 than 1. Hollinger is the only one that sees this.
And it's also true that he bases this on very little time seeing Steph shoot, by his own admission.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I feel you but there’s no need to be calling me insane or dramatic as I’ve been following Hollinger’s draft pieces all year long and his takes on Castle’s shooting facilities have been very declarative in his lack of belief in the shot long term without any true effort put into watching him. He's admitted to forming his opinion while watching Castle shoot during warm ups once or twice this year and clearly did not follow his shooting splits more discerningly as the season went on. Please do not try and paint me or my response as being ridiculous. He does belong that high up on peoples boards and it’s also reasonable for me to want even more respect for them.
Take a chill pill

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Why does Bleacher Report's mock draft say that Karaban is Swedish?
Then the artful redirect…true BY fashion let’s find some common ground and argue about that. Makes sense to me. Honestly anyone who looks at Castle and spends time or has spent time watching him play this year should know this guy has star written all over him. He is long and plays exceptional on ball defense, uses a change of pace dribble to get to his spots on the floor and his shooting got better weekly.

Everyone forgets he had a “procedure” on his knee. Call it what you want but it was probably similiar to what Embid had done. Meaning the damaged meniscus was more than likely removed in both procedures. After having four meniscus surgeries I know that the recovery when they try and repair the meniscus is months as opposed to when the remove the damaged piece. So I could be wrong but don’t think I am.

It also depends the size of the damaged area more meniscus removed is tough because it can initially impact how the knee feels under stress. That impacts recovery but the whole point being Castle was just starting to get healthy at the end of the year and that is the version with a better shot that will be playing in the nba next year.

Castle is going to be a starter in the nba sooner than later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom