2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

Reaction Score
I know this is going to be impossible, but now that the lottery order is set, I figured I’d try to start a new thread for various mock drafts.

Noted UConn fan Sam Vecenie of The Athletic has his newest one out.

3. Clingan (Houston)
6. Castle (Charlotte)
28. Karaban (Denver)
37. Spencer (Minnesota)
54. Newton (Boston)

As much as I want Karaban to return, it would be amazing to have three first round draft picks.

He said Clingan would be in the mix at 1 and 2.

NBA mock draft: Who will Hawks take after securing surprise No. 1 pick

Reaction Score
Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer

2. Clingan (Washington)
10. Castle (Utah)
47. Karaban (Orlando)
54. Newton (Boston)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer

2. Clingan (Washington)
10. Castle (Utah)
47. Karaban (Orlando)
54. Newton (Boston)

These make the most sense for Clingan and Castle if they don’t go to SA.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
ESPN:

6. Clingan (Charlotte)
9. Castle (Memphis)
42. Karaban (Charlotte no thanks)
58. Spencer (Dallas)

Hornets sign Newton as UFA, AK plays himself into a starter, Clingan does Clingan things, boom - Charlotte is the new Knicks!

caw

Reaction Score
Francis and Ming 2.0

Atlanta would have 1, 4, and 8. I wouldn't hate that for them, that could be Williams, Castle and Clingan possibly who are the top three college players I would take. And Young is taking them nowhere.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That would be a terrible trade for spurs
Man idk. Trae's limited defensively but he's an all-NBA caliber playmaker who's basically a walking top 10 offense. Up until this season the Hawks always had a much better overall rating with him on than off, and the fit (lack thereof) with Dejounte basically explains why his numbers have gone downhill the past two seasons.

I'd offer Atlanta all their picks back, the 8th pick this year and whatever flotsam contracts are necessary to make the deal work. The Spurs would then go into next year with:

PG: Trae
SG: Vassell
SF: Johnson
PF: Sochan
C: Wemby

And then they'd have promising young guys like Branham, Wesley & whoever they take 4th overall, all their own upcoming picks, plus future firsts from Chicago, Charlotte, Boston and Dallas.

That team's a problem.

Reaction Score
Man idk. Trae's limited defensively but he's an all-NBA caliber playmaker who's basically a walking top 10 offense. Up until this season the Hawks always had a much better overall rating with him on than off, and the fit (lack thereof) with Dejounte basically explains why his numbers have gone downhill the past two seasons.

I'd offer Atlanta all their picks back, the 8th pick this year and whatever flotsam contracts are necessary to make the deal work. The Spurs would then go into next year with:

PG: Trae
SG: Vassell
SF: Johnson
PF: Sochan
C: Wemby

And then they'd have promising young guys like Branham, Wesley & whoever they take 4th overall, all their own upcoming picks, plus future firsts from Chicago, Charlotte, Boston and Dallas.

That team's a problem.
If I'm SA I'd probably rather do it for Dejounte and keep the far better contact. They don't really need Trey at 30-35% usage and $40m+ on a young team. Might even be cheaper, but DMs contract would be tough for any team to let go. He got hosed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom