2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Spurs, Jazz, and Bulls seem like the only places that fit Castle’s “no established PG” requirement. Actually would not mind him feeding Lavine, Deroz, and Vuc if Chicago went with that plan.

Reaction Score
Spurs, Jazz, and Bulls seem like the only places that fit Castle’s “no established PG” requirement. Actually would not mind him feeding Lavine, Deroz, and Vuc if Chicago went with that plan.
Bulls want to be in full rebuild mode and are trying to move LaVine and Vuc but the front office seems inept.

If they make a move to move up in the draft I think it will be for Clingan. They have zero rim protection.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bulls want to be in full rebuild mode and are trying to move LaVine and Vuc but the front office seems inept.

If they make a move to move up in the draft I think it will be for Clingan. They have zero rim protection.
I agree they should be in rebuild mode but I thought I heard something about them trading Giddey so they can run it back? Was Could be smoke screen though.

If Vuc goes Clingan should for sure be a target. Otherwise they need a PG that can keep Lavine and Demar from playing hero ball.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Looking at the ESPN best available… and they have Bronny over Newton????

In better news Cam Spencer is 13th currently on that same board.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How many crappy, project foreigners went high? Their stats are horrendous. I can’t believe Knecht when so far down.

Reaction Score
So no Filipowski tonight. I think he and Furphy were the only 2 in the Green Room who didn't get picked.
I wonder why no Filipowski. Agile young 7 footer that can shoot decently well seems like a 1st round pick. I know he’s soft but he has a great build for the NBA

I always assumed Furphy was a lights out shooter which is why he declared but checking his profile he shot 36% on ~4 threes a game which is good but not great. Unfortunately the earlier injury and frankly Timberlake going to Kansas might have delayed his development and cost him a LOT of money. Hindsight is 20/20 but somebody gave him bad advice to leave college

Reaction Score
So no Filipowski tonight. I think he and Furphy were the only 2 in the Green Room who didn't get picked.

The NBA really bleeped this one up. They had like 20+ guys in the Green Room, basically guaranteeing a few will still be left at the end of the night. Really dumb move. I love the draft but there are so many issues with the production it's making it very difficult to continue to watch outside of the UConn picks.

1) Figure out the trades. NFL does it quickly and effectively yet the NBA is still having players wearing the wrong hats, getting picked by the wrong teams.
2) Stop the leaks, my goodness. I was staying off twitter and then you have Bilas and RJ announcing the picks before the commish. What are we doing here?
3) The Green Room should be lottery locks only.
4) Givony and Fran are the only ESPN guys who know the europeans, why aren't they with Bilas and RJ evaluating the picks?

UGH

Reaction Score
2) Stop the leaks, my goodness. I was staying off twitter and then you have Bilas and RJ announcing the picks before the commish. What are we doing here?
Completely embarrassing for ESPN. Every time I turn it on for something like this, they remind me why the entire channel is entirely unwatchable outside of actual games. Who on their end could possibly think spoiling picks on live TV is a good idea?

I watched the ABC broadcast for a bit as well, and Stephen A Smith and Bob Myers just weirdly make it about themselves? Weird fake arguing and back-and-forths. It was uncomfortable to watch. Essentially zero actual analysis or insight on the players that isn't completely surface level observations like reading off their stat lines. I hate what ESPN has become.

NBA needs to have their own draft broadcast on NBA TV the same way NFL Network does.

Reaction Score
Completely embarrassing for ESPN. Every time I turn it on for something like this, they remind me why the entire channel is entirely unwatchable outside of actual games. Who on their end could possibly think spoiling picks on live TV is a good idea?

I watched the ABC broadcast for a bit as well, and Stephen A Smith and Bob Myers just weirdly make it about themselves? Weird fake arguing and back-and-forths. It was uncomfortable to watch. Essentially zero actual analysis or insight on the players that isn't completely surface level observations like reading off their stat lines. I hate what ESPN has become.

NBA needs to have their own draft broadcast on NBA TV the same way NFL Network does.

Bilas + Legler + Givony would have been much better. JJ was a disaster last year and I wasn't impressed with RJ last night.

The ABC broadcast was better at not spoiling picks but as you mentioned you got zero analysis. SAS has no college basketball experience and quite frankly he's limited with NBA knowledge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom