2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

Reaction Score
That isn’t great. Clingan would hit back to back 3s during warm ups with regularity. This explains why teams are lower on him than I am.

It's also not true. He's exaggerating or just really, really stupid. I guarantee it. I watched Steph hit back-to-back-to-back numerous times in warm-ups. He shot like 80% from deep in the combine events. Any old schmo from the street can hit a couplefew threes in a row in a 40 minute span.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's also not true. He's exaggerating or just really, really stupid. I guarantee it. I watched Steph hit back-to-back-to-back numerous times in warm-ups. He shot like 80% from deep in the combine events. Any old schmo from the street can hit a couplefew threes in a row in a 40 minute span.
Perhaps, but there seems to be real pause about his jumper developing when you listen to draft heads. Hopefully he was exaggerating for the audience.

Reaction Score
Stephon Castle was not a good shooter in high school and college, and that should be called out as his biggest weakness in his draft profile

Stephon Castle’s shot form isn’t broken, and his shooting will get improve quickly with NBA training

Both are true!

Reaction Score
Brad Stevens should trade his 2 picks this year and next year's #1 to move up and get DC. He would be a perfect fit for the C's.

Poe

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a pick then trade at #1

Reaction Score
I can't remember a draft with this much uncertainty at the top ever
Yeah, it's crazy. Literally 5-6 guys that could realistically go #1. Possible every team in the top 5-6 can get the #1 guy on their board.

Reaction Score
I can't remember a draft with this much uncertainty at the top ever

I've had way more fun learning about players and speculating on draft order this year. Feels like most years the first 3-5 are all guaranteed picks if you follow a little bit and don't listen to talking heads. This year I've heard probably 6 different guys who could potentially go #1.

Reaction Score
I've had way more fun learning about players and speculating on draft order this year. Feels like most years the first 3-5 are all guaranteed picks if you follow a little bit and don't listen to talking heads. This year I've heard probably 6 different guys who could potentially go #1.
This is by far the most excited I've ever been for a draft. So much uncertainty and of course two Huskies going in the top 10 at a minimum (with a chance to go 1) helps!

Reaction Score
Off the top of my head maybe the year Anthony Bennett went #1. That year was all over the place too
That draft class was similar to this one in that many considered it awful at the time, uncertainty at the top. The lottery picks turned out to be awful but Giannis did go 15th in that class and Gobert 27th. I don't think anything will top 2000 though, Kenyon Martin made a single all-star game. I'm not sure there was anyone else in that class who ever even made an all-star appearance.

Reaction Score

1. Best player in draft doesn't go No. 1

Whether it's Zaccharie Risacher, Alex Sarr, Reed Sheppard or Donovan Clingan to go first off the board, my bet here is that, in five year's time, we'll look back on this class and determine that the best player in the class didn't go No. 1 overall. I'll take the field. Stephon Castle has star potential and may go outside the top three....

2. Someone trades up for Clingan

Despite having the second-best odds to go No. 1 overall in the betting markets entering Wednesday, some expect UConn center Donovan Clingan to slip a bit if he's not first off the board. If that happens we could see teams eager to move up to select the Huskies star....

Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for Devin Carter, with his motor and athleticism I could see him becoming a lockdown defender in the NBA who provides some scoring punch.
The other thing he does that’s already NBA-ready that has teams excited is that he flops, flails, & falls on every play and complains incessantly to other refs about all the foul injustice he receives!

(Note: I actually like Carter though)

awy

Reaction Score
sarr going #1 might turn out like bennett. teams should just draft clingan castle 1 2 in some order.

Reaction Score
sarr going #1 might turn out like bennett. teams should just draft clingan castle 1 2 in some order.
I'm probably biased but I think there's less question marks with both of them than any of the other guys. Clingan isn't ready scoring yet and may never become much of a back to the basket scorer but his defense should translate immediately and it should be elite in due time. You also get some pretty unique passing from a big and there seems to be a three point shot locked away in there. Castle needs to get significantly better shooting but all the other stuff is there and should translate right away. If he becomes a very good shooter he has star potential. They're both winners and have winning habits which often doesn't factor in enough in evaluations.

awy

Reaction Score
hard agree on the winner aspect being undervalued. and it's not just a floor play either, there's a lot of realistic upside as well, partly enabled by the "floor" attributes like winning mentality, good decisionmaking and vision.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
That draft class was similar to this one in that many considered it awful at the time, uncertainty at the top. The lottery picks turned out to be awful but Giannis did go 15th in that class and Gobert 27th. I don't think anything will top 2000 though, Kenyon Martin made a single all-star game. I'm not sure there was anyone else in that class who ever even made an all-star appearance.
Michael Redd at #43 probably the best player in the draft

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom