• Parent of a current/former student

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Out of state, no connection to program

Votes: 17 5.0%

• Total voters

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Option 3 should be family connection. Clean it up @Jaydumo20 !
I'd say it should have been a separate option.

I chose Nutmegger because I grew up in CT, after arriving at 8 months old. Moved to KY fully on the final day of November last year. Went to college in upstate NY, then back to CT for 5 years, then to LI/NYC for 19 years, and a handful of years back-and-forth on those two, before 17 in CT.

But I'm a Husky fan through & through by way of family connection. My dad started at UConn, but WW2 diverted him to UMaine, and then to Pitt, where he met my Pittsburgh-native mom, and they decided to raise their family as he started his career after a second residency. The first was at the VA Hospital in Newington. That makes me the child of two Pitt alums. But wait, there's more...

My dad's second brother graduated UConn, where he met my aunt who also graduated. The youngest brother did not go to UConn, but his only ever email address was ”UConn[first name].” By virtue of his being born 10 years later and having a 12 yearslonger lifespan, he more fully rooted for UConn than my dad, adding football through its ups & present. My dad had MBB season tickets from late 1950s through 1994. The middle brother cared little about the Athletics Department, but was actively involved in supporting UConn at many levels. His son is the only one of my generation with a UConn degree.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I guess since I grew up in CT I'm a Nutmegger, but I'm currently out of state and personally have no connection to the program. So, both?

Also, my mom had a UConn nursing degree, and my mom and dad both taught at UConn, one in nursing, the other at the med school.

I don't have any idea what category I really fall into.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Born in CT, but lived in 5 of 6 New England states at different points. Got undergrad and grad degrees at UConn. Now live in CO and haven't been in CT for 10+ years. (I have been to MSG to see them play, though)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Saw Donyell Marshall highlights on wtnh and my door basketball hoop was never the same

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Born and raised CT. Parents, best friends, sister went to UConn. Would've gone if I had the grades... Dad took me to UConn games since before I had a sense of self. Hate when people say you can't be a real fan unless you're alumni.

Reaction Score
Was 10 when moved here in ‘67. Younger brother went to UConn when Calhoun got there and have been a fan since then. What a ride. Thank my parents (deceased) every year season starts.

Reaction Score
Born and raised CT. Parents, best friends, sister went to UConn. Would've gone if I had the grades... Dad took me to UConn games since before I had a sense of self. Hate when people say you can't be a real fan unless you're alumni.
100%
not that this is exactly the same but I'm a huge Tampa Rays fan for no other reason than I fell in love with the way the organization is run. People ask if I'm from Tampa...nope. I have zero connection to the Bay.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Second son graduated in 2008 - I think.

We had season tickets to the women's games from 2006 until we moved top Florida in 2016.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Grew up in CT, surprisingly my family never went to a lot of games but there was a time when we all lived together that we watched every game for both men and women’s on TV.

If a family event is going on and UConn is playing, everyone is watching. Now by myself I try to make sure I don’t miss a game if I can help it.

Reaction Score
I wanted to go to UConn my entire childhood. I spoke to Glen Miller late in my senior year about walking on. Had a bunch of D3 interest but opted to go D2 and try to earn a scholly.

Master's, grad certificate, and another degree after that all from UConn. I don't really feel like an alum though because i never lived on campus.

Reaction Score
UConn is the State's team. If you're a CT person and you love the team, then you're as true a fan as any alum. I'm a lifelong CT resident and my Dad is an alum. I was watching games on Channel 20 with the rabbit ears and more static than picture as a kid with the Mike McKay and Corney Thompson team. I would have been a fan whether I went to the school or not.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not an alum, but I did take two summer Spanish classes at UConn to complete my requirement for the college I graduated from. Not sure how that counts.

Reaction Score
Born and raised in CT. Left for college but returned to go to UConn Law and was there for the first title in 99. Moved to GA in 2003.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I grew up right across the boarder in Port Chester NY and back in 94/95 the only channel I had that was showing cbb was WLNY 55. It was that weird channel that nobody knew about lol, but all they showed was uconn games. I fell in love with the Marshall Brothers and the rest is history.
Two of my cousins also attended the best college in the universe.

Reaction Score
I grew up right across the boarder in Port Chester NY and back in 94/95 the only channel I had that was showing cbb was WLNY 55. It was that weird channel that nobody knew about lol, but all they showed was uconn games. I fell in love with the Marshall Brothers and the rest is history.
Two of my cousins also attended the best college in the universe.
PC!!! I'm from Byram. My grandfather's whole fam is Port Chester. WLNY!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom