OT: - 2023 Wnba mock draft | The Boneyard

OT: 2023 Wnba mock draft

Reaction Score

I think Boston is a great player, but there is no way New York would pass on Paige at #1. Seems as the Liberty are basically trying to secure that #1 pick to get a big time player.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who says Paige will go to be drafted in 2023? I believe she will stay in UConn for full 4 years.
Agreed. That is a silly mock draft. There has not even been a whisper that Paige might leave college early for the WNBA. She makes more from her NILs than she would in the W. She has lots of unfinished business and wants to win multiple NC's.

Reaction Score

I think Boston is a great player, but there is no way New York would pass on Paige at #1. Seems as the Liberty are basically trying to secure that #1 pick to get a big time player.
Paige wont leave next year... but even if she did I think New York would take Boston over Paige.

Reaction Score
Im not holding my breathe until i hear Paige confirm she's not leaving....with the whole article about her saying she wishes college players could go 1 and done the possibility lingers in my head.....If NY does get #1 pick taking Paige would be ehhh they need a post badly Boston would be the pick most likely. Any other team Paige is #1 well maybe not Indiana they need a big as well along with ATL. Im sure those 2 teams could make room though .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Im not holding my breathe until i hear Paige confirm she's not leaving....with the whole article about her saying she wishes college players could go 1 and done the possibility lingers in my head.....If NY does get #1 pick taking Paige would be ehhh they need a post badly Boston would be the pick most likely. Any other team Paige is #1 well maybe not Indiana they need a big as well along with ATL. Im sure those 2 teams could make room though .

I would think the only way Paige might leave early is

1) She accomplishes all her team (NC) and personal goals next year. (NPOY or at least 1st team AA)
2) Somehow, the Lynx get the #1 pick.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Hard to say. If Paige were to declare she fills a similar role to Ionescu so Boston might make more sense. Either would be a massive pickup for Minnesota and fit in well based on personnel.

The mock draft seems quite out of whack though. Zia Cooke ahead of Haley Jones, Rickea Jackson is far too low, and no way is Ayoka Lee going #3.

Brink is another significant player who is eligible if she decides to declare.

Reaction Score
With New York it would depend on what Stewie does, with Howard and Dolson there.
If Stewie decides to go there you don't need Boston.

Reaction Score
With New York it would depend on what Stewie does, with Howard and Dolson there.
If Stewie decides to go there you don't need Boston.
Agreed but with Ionescu their they really dont need PB. Bringing Stewie would just eliminate the Needs for Dolson and Howard . No WNBA team is going to take a vet like Dolson at her price over a Rookie scale contract and Talent that Boston would provide for that team. Boston , Stewie and Sabrina would be deadly .

Reaction Score
if New York ends up with the #1 pick that definitely is going to impact her decision and you can't say it can't. I might need to be verified but they have the richest owner by far in the Wnba and he also owns the Brooklyn nets. The NY market is something you just don't pass up if given an opportunity esp for someone who has a social media following.

Reaction Score
I would think the only way Paige might leave early is

1) She accomplishes all her team (NC) and personal goals next year. (NPOY or at least 1st team AA)
2) Somehow, the Lynx get the #1 pick.
she doesn't live in Minnesota anymore, she lives in the DMV area so I don't see why that would matter.

Reaction Score
Agreed but with Ionescu their they really dont need PB. Bringing Stewie would just eliminate the Needs for Dolson and Howard . No WNBA team is going to take a vet like Dolson at her price over a Rookie scale contract and Talent that Boston would provide for that team. Boston , Stewie and Sabrina would be deadly .
Stewie has problems on Seattle when Russell plays because she takes up space inside. She also isn't a great passer.
Boston hasn't shown she can invert which Stewie likes to do.
Howard and Dolson can hit the outside shot and pass to Stewie inside.

Reaction Score
Stewie has problems on Seattle when Russell plays because she takes up space inside. She also isn't a great passer.
Boston can hit the 3, and she is a good enough passer at this moment in her career. She doesnt facilitate like Dolson, but she hasn't been asked to do that. I don't think she will ever be asked to do that in college, because she is so good at scoring.

Howard and Dolson aren't going to stop the Liberty from drafting Boston if they get the chance. Boston and Stewie would be a dream IMO.

Reaction Score
Stewie Just won a title with Russell as the Center huh ? lol

Reaction Score
Anyone who honestly thinks thinks Haley Jones isn't going top 5 this draft doesn’t watch enough basketball.
Agreed

Next season I have

Boston/Paige going 1/2 Followed by Brink if she Declares then Jones and Amihere.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Agreed

Next season I have

Boston/Paige going 1/2 Followed by Brink if she Declares then Jones and Amihere.
Brink doesn’t declare early — she’ll want to finish her coursework at Stanford. Especially if there are rumblings of an expansion team in the Bay Area.

Cooke will go above Amihere, but I think Amihere will have a better rookie season.

And can we talk the comedy that is Lauren Park-Lane early in the second round? And Jordan Horston late in the third?

This list is looking purely at stats.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brink is another significant player who is eligible if she decides to declare.
A number of players have transferred out AFTER getting their undergrad degree. I really can't see anyone leaving Stanford without getting that degree, especially if she's only a year away.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Jaz Shelley OREGON? I noticed a few recent transfers where they hadn't updated the school, but she's got a whole year at Nebraska under her belt. Yeah, this is second rate at best.

Reaction Score
Anyone who honestly thinks thinks Haley Jones isn't going top 5 this draft doesn’t watch enough basketball.
I think has to do more with her position than most things.

Reaction Score
Boston is the top pick in this draft and it’s not close (I’m operating with confidence that Paige stays in).

Haley Jones will be a lottery pick.

Cameron Brink won’t exit early, but the same statement above holds true, just delayed a year.

Jordan Horston anywhere beyond the first round is laughable.

Diamond Miller is also going to go high. She just looks like a pro to me. I’ve actually always thought she was better than Rhyne Howard.

I’m most curious where Beal and Saxton go and if they can stick in the league. I wouldn’t quite say they are offensive liabilities but scoring the ball certainly is not either’s calling card.

Reaction Score
Other teams may emerge as the top threats in 23/24, but if Paige doesn't get a national championship this season, she may have even more incentive to return to a season where SC loses Boston and Stanford loses Jones. I still hope we get another 2023 recruit that could be a freshmen contributor beyond our two so far, because that is the last class to presumably play with Paige, Aaliyah and Nika.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom