2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Volnation wanted her badly

Vilnation might have wanted her but I don’t think the staff considered her to be SEC level talent. I think Jumper was high in her as a Tennessee native.

Wofford is one of the smallest schools in D1 with enrollment of about 1,700. At one time it was called the smallest FCS football school. I don’t know if that is still true.

Reaction Score
Vilnation might have wanted her but I don’t think the staff considered her to be SEC level talent. I think Jumper was high in her as a Tennessee native.

Wofford is one of the smallest schools in D1 with enrollment of about 1,700.

Supposedly Jumper was training her. He def was high on her, which some think he know all

Reaction Score
Curious as to why. Local talent okay, but I have no knowledge about Wofford as a school/basketball program. I'm assuming they're not as competitive on the court but that the academics are stellar?
They're good, but I wouldn't say "stellar."

Reaction Score
Official visit for a 2024 prospect?

I thought only unofficial visits can be taken during their junior yesr
From NCAA.org: "D1 women's basketball recruits may begin taking official visits in April of their junior year of high school, beginning the Thursday following the women's Final Four tournament."

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If she puts the Tennessee jersey on. She is committed to go there. Only player's committed can put on the jersey.

Reaction Score

“Name we haven’t heard before.”

It’s not Cambridge. Vols have heard her name millions of times because she is a Tennessee gal who reportedly has no interest in the Vols.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting interview by HerHoopsStats with Shauna Greene of Illinois on what she would advise recruits - HS and transfer portal candidates -- to do while being recruited.

She covers subjects rom self-reflection (avoid the "gut!") and communication, to relationships and studying how teams would use "you" in an offense (btw, this was an alleged issue with several recent ISU transfers. Too much half-court bombing away?). Also, talk to all team members on your tour!

She says that she likes transfers and infers they've got lessons learned down a bit better the proverbial second time around. Payton Verhulst tweeted that she asked a different set of questions the second time around.

Would be interesting to hear from those who have gone through this as parents and/or advisors.

Here's the piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22