2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Not a fan of how Ball Out frames this, but it's still something to watch for at the same time.
Ball Out is all about the Lady Vols. I'd guess most of its recruiting service subscribers are LadyVol fans who are given a discount. This group always hypes LadyVol recruits as "game changers" and LadyVol signings are "massive." No doubt has good sources on recruiting but also wrong a lot.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Don’t know that she qualifies as “home grown” talent in Jersey.

Played last year in SC

Before that, she played in Maryland.
??? Which player are you referring to? I keep looking at my post which, to the best of my knowledge, was focused on HS/AAU programs and Coach Washington. Was your reference to a post "before" these? Thanks....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ball Out is all about the Lady Vols. I'd guess most of its recruiting service subscribers are LadyVol fans who are given a discount. This group always hypes LadyVol recruits as "game changers" and LadyVol signings are "massive." No doubt has good sources on recruiting but also wrong a lot.
That makes sense when I think back to other articles. They're a tad more accurate than other "sources"(cough WER), but that's not saying much .;)

Reaction Score
That makes sense when I think back to other articles. They're a tad more accurate than other "sources"(cough WER), but that's not saying much .;)
BallOut is incredibly biased and slanted towards a particular program... but they at least seem to get credible legit info. Granted sometimes they end up being wrong but in the recruiting world you will never be always right. You have people who do this for living in football/MBB (247 sports, On3, Rivals, etc) and its a crapshoot half the time.

WER legit does not true credible recruiting sources. What they post is more gossip/opinions and half the time they are trolling if you look at most their posts. They do have connections to people in the AAU circuit but I have yet to see any kind of credible rumors they spread end up being true....

Reaction Score
BallOut is incredibly biased and slanted towards a particular program... but they at least seem to get credible legit info. Granted sometimes they end up being wrong but in the recruiting world you will never be always right. You have people who do this for living in football/MBB (247 sports, On3, Rivals, etc) and its a crapshoot half the time.

WER legit does not true credible recruiting sources. What they post is more gossip/opinions and half the time they are trolling if you look at most their posts. They do have connections to people in the AAU circuit but I have yet to see any kind of credible rumors they spread end up being true....

The person behind WER is a toxic and misogynistic bully. Trust me, I've seen enough of his stuff on Twitter and I've blocked the account to avoid any of his garbage.

Ironically, that tweet should be rephrased to say "Ashley should not be going to Virginia Tech" instead, based off of her tweet from yesterday.:oops:

Reaction Score
??? Which player are you referring to? I keep looking at my post which, to the best of my knowledge, was focused on HS/AAU programs and Coach Washington. Was your reference to a post "before" these? Thanks....:rolleyes:
I thought I was referring to Kiyomi McMiller / Rutgers topic but my pre-3cups brain doesn’t always connect posts properly. :oops:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I thought I was referring to Kiyomi McMiller / Rutgers topic but my pre-3cups brain doesn’t always connect posts properly. :oops:
No worries. You had me scouring line by line to see if I wrote something I forgot about!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Teagan Mallegni, a 6-1 SG/W from Wisconsin, has narrowed her list to seven:

Teagan Mallegni, who hopes to study psychology or sports psychology in college, confirmed her list now stands at seven schools (in no particular order): Iowa, the University of Wisconsin, Oregon, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and Ohio State.

Reaction Score
FYI - Keira Scott, ranked No. 6 by Allstar Girls Basketball Report in the 2024 class has selected Syracuse. Don’t know too much about her except she plays point and shooting guard and small forward for a highschool in Virginia. I did not see her listed in hoopgurlz or prospects nation and I don’t recall her being mentioned on this board.

Reaction Score

Florida picks up a 2024 commitment from Alivia McGill (#14 ranked)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Did anybody watch the McDAAG scrimmage? Some of us are probably tired of hearing it and I know she's playing against her peers.. but Juju Watkins is going to be a PROBLEM at the next level.

Reaction Score
Did anybody watch the McDAAG scrimmage? Some of us are probably tired of hearing it and I know she's playing against her peers.. but Juju Watkins is going to be a PROBLEM at the next level.
She won't be a problem for at least 1 year.
If she transfers after her freshman year at the University of Southern California, then she may be a problem. It all depends on where she plays her collegiate basketball.
But I agree that she knows where the rim is and how to get there.

Reaction Score
She won't be a problem for at least 1 year.
If she transfers after her freshman year at the University of Southern California, then she may be a problem. It all depends on where she plays her collegiate basketball.
But I agree that she knows where the rim is and how to get there.
Southern Cal was pretty good this year, they beat Stanford during the regular season. Look at Clark for Iowa. Watkins is a star like that! I bet if they have a successful season next year USC could be a big destination for transfers too. It's a desirable part of the country.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Question regarding former Rutgers and current NW Florida State JC player Sakima Walker. Is she a P5 player?
She had some bright moments during her time at Rutgers. I believe she left because of academic reasons.

Reaction Score
Kendall Dudley to UCLA.
Geez, Cori Close has been killing it on the recruiting trail since the Class of 2022. If she doesn't make it to the Final Four within the next few years with players like Kiki Rice, Dudley, and Amanda Muse (who I was really impressed with in the All-American Game), I'm not sure that says good things about her coaching ability.

Reaction Score
Volnation wanted her badly

Curious as to why. Local talent okay, but I have no knowledge about Wofford as a school/basketball program. I'm assuming they're not as competitive on the court but that the academics are stellar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom