2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Canadian who's stock has risen during the summer to keep an eye on for 2025. Makeer is from the Thunder Bay, ON and hadn't gotten a lot of exposure until this past summer. Has gotten decent attention but I believe it will pick up this year.

Played with the Canada Basketball squad and Kia Nurse Elite this summer. Now part of the Crestwood WBB program for the upcoming school year along with Fournier.

Thunder Bay is a 14 hour drive to Toronto. It's easier for her to get to Minnesota than southern Ontario. Making this move won't be easy, but I'm excited to see what will happen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230831-120248_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20230831-120248_ESPN.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 71
Reaction Score
Leah lives about 35- 40 minutes outside of Louisville. She is a regular at Louisville games. I am not saying that she is a lean, b/c I don’t know.

She just left her high school ( a Louisville Catholic high school) and it has not been announced where she has landed. The thinking is her small hometown catholic school.

Reaction Score
Leah lives about 35- 40 minutes outside of Louisville. She is a regular at Louisville games. I am not saying that she is a lean, b/c I don’t know.

She just left her high school ( a Louisville Catholic high school) and it has not been announced where she has landed. The thinking is her small hometown catholic school.
Not at Mercy Academy anymore? I've always felt she is Louisville's to lose. I remember one article where she said she has been a Cardinal fan since she was a little girl, and the coaches are like family to her. That's a hard hill to climb for the rest of the schools chasing her. I really like her. She just throws it into gear at the opening tip and doesn't slow down until it's over. Terrific shooter, too.

I wonder if she might be looking to play with her little sister, Loren, who starts high school this year. She's a nice player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not at Mercy Academy anymore? I've always felt she is Louisville's to lose. I remember one article where she said she has been a Cardinal fan since she was a little girl, and the coaches are like family to her. That's a hard hill to climb for the rest of the schools chasing her. I really like her. She just throws it into gear at the opening tip and doesn't slow down until it's over. Terrific shooter, too.

I wonder if she might be looking to play with her little sister, Loren, who starts high school this year. She's a nice player.
I found a post on IG last night, she is officially at Bethlehem high school in Bardstown, Ky.

The unfortunate thing is this is the second transfer for her. I hope she finishes her career at Bethlehem b/c I’d be awfully gun-shy about her if there is another transfer.

I’ve not read, or heard about how close she is to the staff. That’s great if true.
We are going hard after her and fellow 2025 ZaKiyah Johnson, at Sacred Heart Academy, locally. (Coach Walz’s daughter plays volleyball at Sacred Heart. )
She is also at a lot of Louisville games.

We haven’t had a lot of nationally recognized talent out of Louisville. Hope we can get them both to stay home.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Getting to a Final Four really can elevate recruiting. I’ve always thought that.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Leah Macy, the 6'2" forward from Kentucky who is the #8-rated prospect in Hoopgurlz Class of 2025, was in South Bend to watch Notre Dame defeat Tennessee State and visit campus. This is her third visit to Notre Dame since late February: having attended the ND-Louisville game in late February and meeting with the coaching staff in late June/early July. ND coaches followed her to multiple AAU events during the summer.

If Maddy Westbeld takes advantage of her COVID year in 2024-25, a 2025 forward like Macy would provide a seamless transition. Westbeld has been a stellar and steady presence for ND since arriving for the 2020 season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Va Tech picks up a commitment from overseas, Portugal to be exact. And a very tall person at that.

Lexi Blue, btw, is the 41st-rated HS prospect in Hoopgurlz 2024 list, from Lake Highland Prep.

Reaction Score
Va Tech picks up a commitment from overseas, Portugal to be exact. And a very tall person at that.

Lexi Blue, btw, is the 41st-rated HS prospect in Hoopgurlz 2024 list, from Lake Highland Prep.

Great signing by Tech. I know Tennesse fans are upset about this but so are Terp fans. They really wanted her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great signing by Tech. I know Tennesse fans are upset about this but so are Terp fans. They really wanted her.

Good. Anytime TN and Turtle fans are upset, it's a good thing.. No offense intended.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
New member of Louisville WBB: Elif Istanbulluoglu, a 6-3 F from Turkey. Averaged 11/10 at the Europe U18 championships this summer. Also played for Turkey in the U20 championships, averaged 10/6.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
New member of Louisville WBB: Elif Istanbulluoglu, a 6-3 F from Turkey. Averaged 11/10 at the Europe U18 championships this summer. Also played for Turkey in the U20 championships, averaged 10/6.

Also played for Fehnerbahce.

Not yet officially announced by Louisville but she lists LouisvilleWBB on her IG account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom