2023 Recruiting Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Raw kid... just started playing.. scratching the surface... he'd be a nice addition IMO... stash him, develop him, then let him loose..
Has been a UConn specialty in the past and should be again.

Reaction Score
UConn QB Commit Tucker McDonald from Wachusett Regional High School in Holden, MA

Very impressive:

1. He was calm in the pocket.
2. Runs real well and has great upfield vision while running.
3. He some wide open guys early on in the video and he didn't over or under shoot them.
4. On several occasions he went through his progressions and found secondary or third options.
5. He completed several passes while avoiding pressure instead of just bailing out.
6. Great footwork and arm strength.
7. He also displayed a lot of toughness.

Great get, the staff did a good job identifying and prioritizing him.

Reaction Score
Would love to get thru the Ball St game with a W and go into a Bye week and 3 consecutive home games with some serious recruiting momentum. In a perfect world the coaches hit the road on a 3 game winning streak and line up visits for the BCU, UMass, and Liberty games. All recruiting in the last few years has been based on hope and trust that the program could move forward. This is an opportunity to sell the program on actual results.

Reaction Score

William Lee is a 6-3 190lb DB from St. Louis Missouri attending Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs Iowa. Lee decommitted from Oregon State a few days ago. Other current offers from Florida State (9/2/22), Hawaii and UTSA.

Highlights

Reaction Score

Tyler Manoa is a 6-4 300lb OL/DL from Heywood CA attending UCLA (Transfer Portal).

Reaction Score

Tyler Manoa is a 6-4 300lb OL/DL from Heywood CA attending UCLA (Transfer Portal).

If you read the comments, presumably from his family and friends below his Tweet this sounds an awful lot like a commitment. !

Reaction Score
If you read the comments, presumably from his family and friends below his Tweet this sounds an awful lot like a commitment. !
This kid is a talent and he has experience on both the OL and DL at UCLA. Obviously he likes Mora.
1665601878751.png

Reaction Score
I think he’s confusing people… but I do like UConn’s chances.

Reaction Score

Quote tweets from father and son indicate it is just an offer post at this time.

Reaction Score

It's notable our DB Coach Hilliard apparently is the lead recruiter and not the OL or DL coach, probably due to a personal connection he has with him as both being former UCLA players. This probably bodes well for us.

Reaction Score
I’d love to separate portal kids from recruits, but frankly I’m so thankful for everything Medic does, I hate to post anything that could be read as criticism.

I just think we will be perm players in portal going forward and those kids are more often plugs than developmental prospects.

Reaction Score
I’d love to separate portal kids from recruits, but frankly I’m so thankful for everything Medic does, I hate to post anything that could be read as criticism.

I just think we will be perm players in portal going forward and those kids are more often plugs than developmental prospects.
I don't think Mora views the portal as a place to find short term players to fill holes. Believe it not, most of UConn's portal recruits have come in with 3 or 4 years of eligibility so most of the players are development prospects. By my count, only 4 of the players had 1 year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Quote tweets from father and son indicate it is just an offer post at this time.
He'd be solid for us... we need rotational help up front on D with size like that... short term and with a ton of experience contributing at the P5 level... Get this young man to Storrs, CT at once...

Reaction Score
Very impressive:

1. He was calm in the pocket.
2. Runs real well and has great upfield vision while running.
3. He some wide open guys early on in the video and he didn't over or under shoot them.
4. On several occasions he went through his progressions and found secondary or third options.
5. He completed several passes while avoiding pressure instead of just bailing out.
6. Great footwork and arm strength.
7. He also displayed a lot of toughness.

Great get, the staff did a good job identifying and prioritizing him.
Also like that he sees widows in delivering the ball through the trash. Good player.

Reaction Score
I don't think Mora views the portal as a place to find short term players to fill holes. Believe it not, most of UConn's portal recruits have come in with 3 or 4 years of eligibility so most of the players are development prospects. By my count, only 4 of the players had 1 year of eligibility.
This guy just entered the portal, I'm sure his phone is ringing off the hook - but what a get he would be.

1665681843529.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99