2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The longer the season goes on the more rock fights SCar finds itself in.

Our way out of it is let Fulwiley just manufacture layups with pure speed just about every time.

I figure Tennessee might be like that too. And maybe they can score.

Reaction Score
This just came across my twitter feed Might be my favorite wcbb vid so far this year..Love to see the SCar offering support to the opponent. :) Love Coach Staley's reaction.

This happened right in front of us at the game. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen that happen. If you watch the replay Breezy (#23) actually steps on her hair and pulls it out. It was cool to watch all the girls from both teams surround her to put her hair back on.

Reaction Score
The longer the season goes on the more rock fights SCar finds itself in.

Our way out of it is let Fulwiley just manufacture layups with pure speed just about every time.

I figure Tennessee might be like that too. And maybe they can score.
Dawn just keeps plugging and playing until she finds the right combo. That’s our super power and what sets us apart.

Reaction Score
Well
USC just announced what we knew two months ago. Cardoso is out next two games.

Reaction Score
Dawn just keeps plugging and playing until she finds the right combo. That’s our super power and what sets us apart.

I get alarmed when we don't rebound and while our margin is great and we win overall battle most every night. we have bad segments pretty regularly now.

That and a guard putting 40 on us are my biggest anxieties.

Reaction Score
Looks as if FIBA expects Cardoso to play for Team Brazil in the Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Belem, Brazil next week:

Yes Jake. Carolina fans knew this 2 months ago.

Reaction Score
Good News For Zia Cooke. Jordan Canada signed with the Atlanta Dream. One less veteran Guard.
Sparks also acquired Aari McDonald and the 8th pick in the sign and trade giving L.A. 3 picks out of the first 8, so there’ll still be plenty of competition she’ll need to overcome, but Aari definitely a lesser talent than Canada to compete against.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes Jake. Carolina fans knew this 2 months ago.
I surmised back in October Cardoso would leave for the Olympic Qualifier Tournament this week as I figured Team Brazil would want last summer’s Americup MVP on its roster. What made it interesting was Cardoso missing the UConn game to play in the OQT. Then Dawn deferring answering definitively.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure who I direct my gripe to, The ACC, ESPN, SEC... but I HATE that they are playing maybe the most anticipated game of the year (SCAR vs UCONN) on Super Bowl Sunday. Not only that.. but I won't be able to watch it because they scheduled the Duke-Chapel Hill game at the exact same time. Wished they could have played it as a stand alone game on Saturday Night or something.

True confession. I miss @triaddukefan . Anybody see any post from him lately?

source.gif

Reaction Score

Sad. You hate to see or hear about a young player being suspended from programs but good that coaches, in this case Coach Staley, are holding their players accountable for their actions.

Reaction Score
Sad. You hate to see or hear about a young player being suspended from programs but good that coaches, in this case Coach Staley, are holding their players accountable for their actions.
Second suspension of year I think.

Reaction Score
15,236 last night for Mizzou. Keeps us ahead of Iowa for home attendance which we will probably win again. Short of what was needed for us to catch the alltime home attendance record.

Iowa still in it to win the alltime total attendance record. Those Big Ten ga and are showing up For the CC Roadshow!

Reaction Score
15,236 last night for Mizzou. Keeps us ahead of Iowa for home attendance which we will probably win again. Short of what was needed for us to catch the alltime home attendance record.

Iowa still in it to win the alltime total attendance record. Those Big Ten ga and are showing up For the CC Roadshow!
I will not be sorry to see Iowa return to their natural state.

Their best seasons All Time at Massey are:

Clark SR Year
Clark JR Year
Clark SO Year
Clark FR Year

Reaction Score
I will not be sorry to see Iowa return to their natural state.

Their best seasons All Time at Massey are:

Clark SR Year
Clark JR Year
Clark SO Year
Clark FR Year
Didn’t they make a pre-Clark Elite 8 run with POTYGustafson in 2019 that would (presently) rank as their second best of recent times?

Reaction Score
Didn’t they make a pre-Clark Elite 8 run with POTYGustafson in 2019 that would (presently) rank as their second best of recent times?
Yes they did. Ran into a buzzsaw in eventual national champion Baylor. Prior to Clark, Bluder was among the most underrated coaches in the country IMO. Iowa has been a successful program for a long time.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
They also went to the F4 under CVS in the early 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom