2023-24 LSU Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023-24 LSU Thread

Reaction Score
Poole NOT in the transfer portal.
Is that a question, or a statement of fact? If she's truly done at LSU, there's no need to rush into the transfer portal (even if she can enter at this point?).

Reaction Score
Is that a question, or a statement of fact? If she's truly done at LSU, there's no need to rush into the transfer portal (even if she can enter at this point?).

Reaction Score
Reese will be back for LSU’s matchup with 9th ranked VA Tech. I guess she learned her lesson after sitting out those four straight games against cupcakes….:rolleyes:
So she's back for their first competitive game of the season...........now that's a shocker!! I guess Poole can wait........they have her position covered.....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Perhaps there is a better WNBA analog, but in shooting motion, shot selection and ball rotation, Mikayla Williams reminds me of NBA great Vinnie Johnson, known as the microwave. He could really fill it up, and so can Ms. Williams. She is a joy to watch.

Reaction Score
Perhaps there is a better WNBA analog, but in shooting motion, shot selection and ball rotation, Mikayla Williams reminds me of NBA great Vinnie Johnson, known as the microwave. He could really fill it up, and so can Ms. Williams. She is a joy to watch.
Mikaylah does have that Vinnie Johnson vibe to her game. She is just instant buckets much like the Microwave.

Reaction Score
Mikaylah does have that Vinnie Johnson vibe to her game. She is just instant buckets much like the Microwave.
Best player to go to LSU since Fowles, unfortunately for them she will be headed elsewhere after this year.

Reaction Score
I looked at the box score and noticed Van Lith hasn't played the last two games. Is she hurt?

Reaction Score
I looked at the box score and noticed Van Lith hasn't played the last two games. Is she hurt?
Well a quick Google search answered my question. It seems like they could play her if they needed her but decided to let her heal and get ready for SEC play.

Reaction Score
Well a quick Google search answered my question. It seems like they could play her if they needed her but decided to let her heal and get ready for SEC play.

I read she has plantar fasciitis, it flared badly in Cayman Islands when she slipped on the floor. She seemed to play inured vs VT and was visibly limping. Sounds like she will sit out the rest of this month.

Not a fun thing to deal with

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I read she has plantar fasciitis, it flared badly in Cayman Islands when she slipped on the floor. She seemed to play inured vs VT and was visibly limping. Sounds like she will sit out the rest of this month.

Not a fun thing to deal with

Tough start for LSU. Their depth suddenly has dwindled quite a bit:
-Hailey Van Lith out for a month with foot injury
-Kateri Poole no longer is on the team
-Sa'Myah Smith is out with an ACL

Reaction Score
I must have missed some things here. Who is WNBAtalk and what is his/her credibility? What accountability should Kim Mulkey have that she hasn't already taken? The fans will be more than happy when she takes the team back to the FF. As for the score, not much she could do about that. Not a starter played more than 28 minutes, most were in the mid to lower 20s. McNeese State is just a terrible team.

Reaction Score
LSU finding themselves in a similar situation as the Aces did this summer. They’re essentially a four-woman team now with Reese inside and Williams/Morrow/Johnson at guard. There are very few teams that can match those four player-for-player but depth is absolutely a concern especially since Reese is vulnerable against talented bigs and Johnson has historically been streaky (although she’s been exceptional to start the year). I’ve not been impressed with Van Lith but they do need her back sooner than later. She’s their best option at PG (which is another problem in and of itself) and offers a scoring punch that Poa doesn’t. They also need Del Rosario to develop quickly to backup Reese. Last night was a very good start.

Reaction Score
LSU finding themselves in a similar situation as the Aces did this summer. They’re essentially a four-woman team now with Reese inside and Williams/Morrow/Johnson at guard. There are very few teams that can match those four player-for-player but depth is absolutely a concern especially since Reese is vulnerable against talented bigs and Johnson has historically been streaky (although she’s been exceptional to start the year). I’ve not been impressed with Van Lith but they do need her back sooner than later. She’s their best option at PG (which is another problem in and of itself) and offers a scoring punch that Poa doesn’t. They also need Del Rosario to develop quickly to backup Reese. Last night was a very good start.
Sounds silly but LSU would be smart to let Williams handle the ball more often (which she seems to be). She is fully capable, not necessarily a true PG but her passing is pretty solid. I think they will need it to get Hailey Van Lith off the ball more to get her going offensively. Hailey Van Lith's decision making and passing have been better so far at LSU but its apparent her offense and her flow have been completely disrupted running the point (which happened to Alexis morris last season ironically) but she is struggling to find that balance right now.

Poa seems lovely but she is not good. LSU is basically playing with 4 players whenever she is on the floor. She plays okay defense but is a terrible facilitator and can't shoot a lick beyond FT's. I can't believe Mulkey seriously thought her and Poole (who is now gone) were what this years team needed while leaving those 3 roster spots wide open. Some very questionable decision making by LSU. Velez obviously has great potential but she will probably be very up and down year one and won't get enough minutes to probably develop some continuity.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the booing was about but seems unlikely that it was about anyone's accountability or drama. We're talking about Louisiana here.

So what was it really about? An altercation? Officiating?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Y'all really believing that clip is real is hilarious. Watched it live and there was no booing at all.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom