2022 UConn men's soccer season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn men's soccer season

Reaction Score
First year, new coach, haven't been good for a while. It was a reasonable performance. Not one that such a storied program should feel good about but given the circumstances --okay.

They really need to make a positive jump next year and grab some momentum.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Given how popular UConn men's soccer has been in the past, I find it rather amazing how little was posted about the team this year.
There are a few of us diehards out there but the last 6 -8 years of Ray Reid took a bit of the wind out of the sail and the program needs some consistent level of success to get the recruitment back to where it belongs. Where once UConn was the destination listed in the top 3 of so many top recruits, these kids now look at the ACC (any ACC team) first. Get these kids and that will then improve the out of conference schedule to one of the best in the country.
They need to bring back the Friends of Soccer. -
The program has to get better in order to be a top NBE team - the facilities are in place
I have faith

Reaction Score
Apparently 3 players left the program at semester break: DeBodiene, Nikolajewski, Leveque. Whether this was mutually agreeded to
(or not) IDK?

Reaction Score
Apparently 3 players left the program at semester break: DeBodiene, Nikolajewski, Leveque. Whether this was mutually agreeded to
(or not) IDK?
I know Leveque left for Syracuse, and considering he was our best player, that one definitely hurts. Haven't heard much about the other guys, but Bjorn was a pretty big part of the defense. Couple that with losing guys like Jayden and Frantz who played big minutes and we will have some big holes to fill

Reaction Score
I know Leveque left for Syracuse, and considering he was our best player, that one definitely hurts. Haven't heard much about the other guys, but Bjorn was a pretty big part of the defense. Couple that with losing guys like Jayden and Frantz who played big minutes and we will have some big holes to fill
This is troubling. I hoped Gbandi would lead UConn back to the promised land but losing your best player and a couple of others who apparently were starters is not a good start. They have the national high school player of the year from Hall High coming in this fall. I hope he's still on board.

Reaction Score
This is troubling. I hoped Gbandi would lead UConn back to the promised land but losing your best player and a couple of others who apparently were starters is not a good start. They have the national high school player of the year from Hall High coming in this fall. I hope he's still on board.

Eh, I think basically any Big East team is at risk of losing good players to the ACC. The ACC is a level above us, and is waaay more marketable from the players' perspective. As far as I know, we still have quite a few forwards that have some talent (Testori, Conway, Chime) and Moussa Wade should be coming back. As long as our defense plays okay, I think we should be competitive in the middle of the Big East

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom