2022 UConn men's soccer season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn men's soccer season

Reaction Score
Anyone know the status of Moussa Wade?

Good question, I don't recall hearing anything new since his injury. Very little news comes out these days on the men's soccer team. Doesn't help that WHUS radio has not carried any UConn games in any sport so far this fall, it would be another outlet for talking about such news.

Reaction Score
Good question, I don't recall hearing anything new since his injury. Very little news comes out these days on the men's soccer team. Doesn't help that WHUS radio has not carried any UConn games in any sport so far this fall, it would be another outlet for talking about such news.
Went to the Butler game last night, Wade was on crutches so it does not look like he will be back soon. They really could have used him. They got absolutely crushed on the counter and lost 4-1. Looking like a long season.

Reaction Score
UConn men's soccer currently has a 1-3-1 record in conference play, they are currently in ninth place in the Big East standings in an 11 team league.

Reaction Score
UConn had 11 shots, 3 on goal against Seton Hall.

Seton Hall had 2 shots, 1 on goal.

Seton Hall won 1-0.

BTW, Uconn had 12 corner kicks and the Hall had 2.

Reaction Score
From watching the streams of some of the games, the UConn men's soccer at times will control the flow of the game, but they have trouble putting good shots on net. A lot of their shots just get elevated over the crossbar.

Reaction Score

I wonder when the last time UConn men's soccer played a non D1 school during the regular season. Obviously a quick replacement for the cancelled Dartmouth game.

Reaction Score

With yesterday's win, UConn now sits 5th in the Big East, only 2 points behind 3rd.

Guessing UConn very well could end the Big East schedule with a .500 record in conference play. Beating Georgetown in the final game of the season will be difficult, but a win over St. John's this season is something that would not come as a big surprise. We'll see what happens and how it plays out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Guessing UConn very well could end the Big East schedule with a .500 record in conference play. Beating Georgetown in the final game of the season will be difficult, but a win over St. John's this season is something that would not come as a big surprise. We'll see what happens and how it plays out.
All depends which UConn side decides to play - the one with determined defensive effort and utilizing the midfielders or the one that plays long ball and loses any semblance of defensive shape. Lets all hope its the former. Give Coach G a chance in the NBE tournament boys

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our path to the national championship begins now. Every game from here on out is must-win. Georgetown is next. 10 wins to go.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have only seen a little bit of the squad this year. Was down after a brutal start to the season. Has Chris G righted the ship? Have they shown progress. Do they have a real chance in the Big East Tournament?

Reaction Score
I have only seen a little bit of the squad this year. Was down after a brutal start to the season. Has Chris G righted the ship? Have they shown progress. Do they have a real chance in the Big East Tournament?

I've been to a number of games this year. They seem very good at possessing the ball but have trouble creating clear opportunities in attack. I think the loss of Moussa Wade definitely impacted our creativity on offense pretty significantly. The game vs Xavier sticks out as one where they did a decent job controlling the midfield, but got destroyed on the counter by a more clinical team.

It really seems like the team wants to play a playstyle that is a bit ambitious for who they have on the roster right now, but I think that will be good as we get more Big East level recruits on the team. I think they've performed like a middle of the pack team in the BE so far, but I wouldn't rule out them getting hot in the tournament,

Reaction Score
I've been to a number of games this year. They seem very good at possessing the ball but have trouble creating clear opportunities in attack. I think the loss of Moussa Wade definitely impacted our creativity on offense pretty significantly. The game vs Xavier sticks out as one where they did a decent job controlling the midfield, but got destroyed on the counter by a more clinical team.

It really seems like the team wants to play a playstyle that is a bit ambitious for who they have on the roster right now, but I think that will be good as we get more Big East level recruits on the team. I think they've performed like a middle of the pack team in the BE so far, but I wouldn't rule out them getting hot in the tournament,

The first paragraph above is pretty much the impression from what I've seen of the UConn offense this season, at times good at possessing the ball, but not so good at generating great chances to score on offense. I would be little surprised if they got hot in the tournament, but a surprise like that would certainly be a nice one.

Reaction Score
Our path to the national championship begins now. Every game from here on out is must-win. Georgetown is next. 10 wins to go.

UConn men's soccer had a setback when they only got a tie against St. John's this past weekend. St. John's is currently at No. 8 in the Big East standings. If UConn had beaten St. John's, they would have clinched a spot in the Big East tournament. Now they need to get some points against Georgetown, which is going to finish in first place in the Big East men's soccer standings. UConn is currently in 6th place, but both Providence and St. Johns's could potentially pass them in the standings if UConn doesn't get a win tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Given how popular UConn men's soccer has been in the past, I find it rather amazing how little was posted about the team this year.

especially given the "attendance numbers" for this season. Although it certainly didn't look like the best attendance in the Big East at the games. I think the small section of Georgetown fans were louder than the UConn fans the other night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom