2022 UConn Men’s Hockey East Tournament > #16 BU @ UConn - Sat. 3/12/22@4:30p @XL Center on CollegeSportsLive | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Men’s Hockey East Tournament > #16 BU @ UConn - Sat. 3/12/22@4:30p @XL Center on CollegeSportsLive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the men make the BE finals, this will be a good problem to have. I’ll just DVR the game and avoid all mention of a score. The parade goes on rain or shine and bad weather is never a problem for the devotees.
JeannoCT: I've looked for you several times outside Section 106, without success. Let's plan to meet Saturday at 4:00 behind the BU goal (aka: the "Bar"). Let me know how to identify you. I'll be wearing a "Vietnam Veteran" vest or hat.

Huskies rule.

Reaction Score
JeannoCT: I've looked for you several times outside Section 106, without success. Let's plan to meet Saturday at 4:00 behind the BU goal (aka: the "Bar"). Let me know how to identify you. I'll be wearing a "Vietnam Veteran" vest or hat.

Huskies rule.
ok - sounds good! I'll message you when I get there.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

Huskies rule.
I’ll be there!

Reaction Score
To confirm. By the "Bar", I mean the goal that UConn is defending.

Reaction Score
I really am disappointed in the scheduling time of this game if we (meaning Uconn) had any input into it. I want to think we did not , otherwise why would you not do 3 pm. Someone in the press needs to ask this. Our athletic department continues to alienate fans with this scheduling. It happens a lot. Perhaps I am the exception but they have caused me to choose where to go far to many times when it appeared they had control.

Reaction Score
This could make an early start time problematic.

View attachment 74065
Man, why start @ 4:30???
3:05 would have been fine.

Last 2 games were on sat @ 3:05

Plus, we would have gotten a better
chance to keep the drunk rowdy crowd in downtown Hartford to continue drinking/sober up @ the game. Now, that gap between the parade ending and the start time will give people a chance to go home.

I for one remember enjoying the festivities earlier in the day and the whole crowd giving Karl Hess and crew and new one during the AAC tourney/Purvis game against UC.

That crowd was wasted and angry.
Our crowds have been weak this whole season.

Hopefully the parade and being the most important game of the last 8 seasons will certainly help things

Reaction Score
It makes no sense whatsoever and it's going to put a dent into the hockey crowd if the men's hoops team is playing at 6:30 at MSG on Saturday night for the BET championship. Not the hardcore hockey fans, but certainly the middle of the road ones who might have tried to make it work otherwise.

You wonder if Benedict spent too much time working on the messaging for this basketball season ticket price jump that he either forgot to request a specific start time for hockey - or just doesn't care.

I can't imagine the Hockey East or BU cares about playing at 3 vs 430. It's not a televised game and the BU kids would get back to their dorm 90 minutes earlier.

Or maybe it's the parade that's the issue, but that would be lame.

Reaction Score
It makes no sense whatsoever and it's going to put a dent into the hockey crowd if the men's hoops team is playing at 6:30 at MSG on Saturday night for the BET championship. Not the hardcore hockey fans, but certainly the middle of the road ones who might have tried to make it work otherwise.

You wonder if Benedict spent too much time working on the messaging for this basketball season ticket price jump that he either forgot to request a specific start time for hockey - or just doesn't care.

I can't imagine the Hockey East or BU cares about playing at 3 vs 430. It's not a televised game and the BU kids would get back to their dorm 90 minutes earlier.

The only thing I can think of is that it’s only 1 game and BU is probably going to bus in day of and not stay night before or after.

4:30 gives them time to get here from Boston and time to get back.

Don’t agree and timing is crap, but that’s my guess

Reaction Score

You are forgetting that Hartford once cancelled the parade because the NCAA tournament was being played at the Civic Center. Couldn’t Figure out how to have 2 events at once. Small time. It’s what we thrive on.

Reaction Score
I have not yet received my mobile playoff tickets. Has anyone?

Reaction Score
I haven't even gotten an email at all about the playoff game. Unbelievable,

Reaction Score
I haven't even gotten an email at all about the playoff game. Unbelievable,
I'd call UConn - we got another email today extending the deadline to Wednesday March 9 at 9 a.m. for season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
Other Tournament Games/Times/TV:

Wednesday, March 9
#11 Maine at #6 Merrimack - 7pm
#10 Vermont at #7 Providence - 7pm (NESN+)
#9 New Hampshire at #8 Boston College - 7pm (NESN)

Saturday, March 12
#5 Boston University at #4 UConn - 4:30pm
TBD at #3 UMass Lowell - 4:30pm (NESN+)
TBD at #2 Massachusetts - 7pm
TBD at #1 Northeastern - 7:30pm (NESN+)

Friday, March 18
Semifinal #1 - 4pm (NESN)
Semifinal #2 - 7:30pm (NESN+)

Saturday, March 19
37th Hockey East Men's Championship - 7pm (NESN)
For anyone interested in the opening round games tonight, all 3 are also available on the CBS Sports app if you have it.

Reaction Score
I'd call UConn - we got another email today extending the deadline to Wednesday March 9 at 9 a.m. for season ticket holders.
Just got off the phone with ticket office. If you have not paid for the tickets today they will release them sometime this afternoon. I got no notification nor could I pay through my online account. Did it over the phone. Ridiculous how awful the communication is from the AD’s office!

Reaction Score
Just got off the phone with ticket office. If you have not paid for the tickets today they will release them sometime this afternoon. I got no notification nor could I pay through my online account. Did it over the phone. Ridiculous how awful the communication is from the AD’s office!
Yup. I called them this morning. Taken care of, but We should've been able to do it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom