2022 UConn Football Commit - Jack Stewart (New Canaan, CT) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Jack Stewart (New Canaan, CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
008.png

Reaction Score
Stewart had offers from all over D1 but walked on at Michigan, his New Canaan Offensive Lineman teammate Jack Conley was also highly recruited and IIRC ended up at Boston College. Needless to say, New Canaan had a great team the years they both blocked for QB Drew Pyne, currently enrolled at Norte Dame.

He wasn’t a walk-on at Michigan

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Another poster stated that before my post. I thought you guys knew everything.:rolleyes:
You were the first and only one to mention he was a walk-on. Gotta own it.

Reaction Score
/s

I can't imagine a player who can't crack the depth chart on a 12 win 2nd/3rd ranked team having any sort of impact at a program that has had 10 wins in the last 5 seasons.

/s
It’s just as possible that Stewart doesn’t see meaningful action as it is he is a significant contributor.

But as I said in earlier post it doesn’t matter how much he plays it’s that a formerly highly regarded player from Fairfield County is at UCONN now. If we can get players from FFC to come here that would be fantastic.

And also have to laugh at Lou Marinelli, the coach who has always been a critic of UCONN. Now he is excited to see one of his kids at UCONN. Yeah, ok Lou.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And also have to laugh at Lou Marinelli, the coach who has always been a critic of UCONN. Now he is excited to see one of his kids at UCONN. Yeah, ok Lou.
Lou sounds like a piece of work, true. Still, it couldn't have hurt to butter him up a bit 20 years or so ago. Did we even try?

Reaction Score
It’s just as possible that Stewart doesn’t see meaningful action as it is he is a significant contributor.

But as I said in earlier post it doesn’t matter how much he plays it’s that a formerly highly regarded player from Fairfield County is at UCONN now. If we can get players from FFC to come here that would be fantastic.

No; it's not "just as possible". Unless you think our recruiting is on par with Michigan's, he's more likely to be a "significant contributor" than he is to not see any "meaningful action". The fact that he played zero downs at Michigan doesn't matter because he's no longer competing against Michigan's talent level.

We agree on Lou.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
When Mora hired his son, that was the ice breaker. PP at UConn got played by Marinelli as far as I am concerned. Hope this recruit is the first of many from that program and part of the state. If Mora can't break the code, no one will be able to.

Reaction Score
"Frazer signed a national letter of intent to play quarterback for the Fighting Irish on February 1, 2006.[3] After sitting out his freshman year as a redshirt, Frazer was told that he wouldn't compete for the starting quarterback position after spring practice in 2007.[4] On July 1, 2007, he announced that he was transferring to Connecticut. At Connecticut Frazier was the starting quarterback from 2008-2010.[5]"

Seems some guys who can't cut it at top programs turn out ok at UConn.

Reaction Score
No; it's not "just as possible". Unless you think our recruiting is on par with Michigan's, he's more likely to be a "significant contributor" than he is to not see any "meaningful action". The fact that he played zero downs at Michigan doesn't matter because he's no longer competing against Michigan's talent level.

We agree on Lou.
That’s actually a huge indictment on our admittedly poor roster right now. He wasn’t on any two deep during his time (and someone said not third string I believe).

It could be that Michigan was absolutely stacked. Could also mean he was not good.

I think we can all agree we are rooting for him to be a significant contributor. I just think the odds can go either way.

The key is we got a FFC kid that was highly recruited.

Reaction Score
When they had Ben Mason from Newtown who was the most dominant defensive player I've seen in CT, they made him a fullback.

Reaction Score

I think he was more a critic of Edsall and PP and the clown show, rather than UConn the school or football program.

Reaction Score
I think he was more a critic of Edsall and PP and the clown show, rather than UConn the school or football program.
It was equal. And he loved Coach P supposedly as did all the high school coaches.

Reaction Score
"Frazer signed a national letter of intent to play quarterback for the Fighting Irish on February 1, 2006.[3] After sitting out his freshman year as a redshirt, Frazer was told that he wouldn't compete for the starting quarterback position after spring practice in 2007.[4] On July 1, 2007, he announced that he was transferring to Connecticut. At Connecticut Frazier was the starting quarterback from 2008-2010.[5]"

There have been several transfers from Big programs that have come to UCONN.

Reaction Score
That’s actually a huge indictment on our admittedly poor roster right now.
Of course it's a reflection on our roster. How many players on our roster would have cracked the 2 deep at a top 3 program last year? It's why we can safely say he's more likely (not guaranteed) to contribute at UConn than he is to "not" contribute at all.

Reaction Score

I believe Lorenzen was the starter in 08. Yes to 09 and by default because of Endres' multiple suspensions in 10. He was barely a 50% passer and even Michsel Box was tried after Enfres was kicked off before him. He was always under threat of losing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom