Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Need a lot more from offense tomorrow. Worst game stock has played all year by far….
Didn't want to mention that but he was really MIA for some important at bats tonight. A sharp Stock puts this game away for us. Just doesn't look like he's quite back yet.

Reaction Score
We did put one hell of a dent in Maryland's pitching depth.
Normally I would say that's great, but we really didn't take advantage of it tonight. We let some young guys off the hook. Need to be more patient. Swung at too many pitches way out of the strike zone. We need to get Stock, Donlan and Morton going again. All are really struggling at the plate.

Reaction Score
No second guessing for pulling Kirby after that many pitches. Sullivan needed to do better. He didn’t.

MD has to cobble together innings for a 5th game. We will hand the ball to Cooke, who is capable of great things. Behind him we have fresh Chudoba and Afthim, plus O’Donnell and Sully and Willis having gotten a day off.

Cooke needs to come through and bats need to take pressure off him by doing better.

Reaction Score
Kirby was gassed. You could see it walking around the mound. My wife even asked why he was limping. He pitched as good as we could have hoped.

Kirby threw 69 pitches. I suspect that is by far the most he has thrown in a game all season.

Reaction Score
Kirby was the star of the game for us, he did everything he could to keep us in that game time and time again, they just didn’t help him with the bats but I still I like our chances tomorrow. We will come back better, learn from today and execute tomorrow. Two best words in sports. Game 7.

Reaction Score
I would think we have the pitching advantage tomorrow but after what they did with Ramsey tonight I have no clue who will even be unavailable tomorrow

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would think we have the pitching advantage tomorrow but after what they did with Ramsey tonight I have no clue who will even be unavailable tomorrow
I'm guessing they could try to squeeze two innings from Saturday's starter. Anyone who pitched today ( between Wake & us had to be the whole damn staff) may be able to throw an inning,if that.

Reaction Score
I will say, 6 runs is nothing to sneeze at. Yes our guys did not get it done tonight and need better tomorrow, but this was hardly a whimper. We couldn’t press the issue further, but aggressively tying it up twice and seriously threatening a few times is a good showing. But still, can’t be satisfied. We have a regional to win.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they could try to squeeze two innings from Saturday's starter. Anyone who pitched today ( between Wake & us had to be the whole damn staff) may be able to throw an inning,if that.
They will. They got more than 2 from game 1 starter they will try to get 2-3 from game 2 starter. No reason why they would change strategy when it helped them tonight

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maryland is the 15th ranked team in the country and we are playing at their place. This was never going to be easy. That said, Maryland has played a lot of innings in baseball over the past few days. It will be all hands on deck for them, but they are tired. There will be opportunities. We just need to take advantage of them. No one hands you a super regional, you have to go out and take it.

Reaction Score
Maryland is the 15th ranked team in the country and we are playing at their place. This was never going to be easy. That said, Maryland has played a lot of innings in baseball over the past few days. It will be all hands on deck for them, but they are tired. There will be opportunities. We just need to take advantage of them. No one hands you a super regional, you have to go out and take it.
Agreed. It would have been nice to finish this off yesterday. But I believe 11 out of the 16 regionals need the fourth day to determine who makes it to the super regionals. Let's hope the UConn bats wake up today and there is stellar pitching.

Reaction Score
I will say, 6 runs is nothing to sneeze at. Yes our guys did not get it done tonight and need better tomorrow, but this was hardly a whimper. We couldn’t press the issue further, but aggressively tying it up twice and seriously threatening a few times is a good showing. But still, can’t be satisfied. We have a regional to win.
Six runs against good pitching that is executing pitches is a good game. That wasn’t yesterday. Our runs were all helped by wildness. Our bats never took control and executed good innings without help. Tonight needs to be different.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Six runs again good pitching that is executing is a good game. That wasn’t yesterday. Our runs were all helped by wildness. Our bats never took control and executed good innings without help. Tonight needs to be different.
Check out the box score.
Smith 1 for 6, Stock 0 for 6, Dana 1 for 5, Huber 2 for 3 and 2 walks, Donlan 1 for 5. Morton 1 for 4. Only decent games were Huber and Simmons who was 2 for 4. Padilla and Bushling were hitless as well but each had 2 walks.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Check out the box score.
Smith 1 for 6, Stock 0 for 6, Dana 1 for 5, Huber 2 for 3 and 2 walks, Donlan 1 for 5. Morton 1 for 4. Only decent games were Huber and Simmons who was 2 for 4. Padilla and Bushling were hitless as well but each had 2 walks.

We had a lot of loud outs especially line drives at their guys, Especially Padilla.

Reaction Score
We had a lot of loud outs especially line drives at their guys, Especially Padilla.
Thanks. I was unable to watch the game yesterday so missed information such as that which does not make it to a box score.

Reaction Score
Tape a couple of aspirins to the bats and they should be fine tonight.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We had a handful of those but there were far more instances of over swinging leading to striking out or popping up. Other than about a half dozen at bats our hitting was not good at all last night.

Time to shake it off and view this game as a do over.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Bored at work, don’t know if you find this interesting but what the heck. The numbers under the days are pitches thrown.

83B72017-A85E-43D2-8145-39034661396C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds