2022 Transfer Offer Thread | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice, I feel like the high APG guys bring something we need to change the culture of the team. The calculus on how this blends with BE athleticism/speed/strength + 3pt shooting is the key for the coaching staff to figure out.

Reaction Score
Tripp Doherty followed Newton on IG and twitter today. Looks to be first transfer he has followed on any platform.
Transfer portal works just like real job hunting works.

Connections like previously being in the same league with a guy or having played him before and therefore Hurley being 1) familiar with the kid already and 2) being a close colleague of his just fired college coach, the one that recruited Newton originally, can really facilitate this kind of thing. Look at Carlton to Houston/Sampson last year.

Having a mid-major up-transfer PG get to 1st team all conference this past season and having had a lottery pick guard the year before also helps.

Clearing the deck of PGs with transfers out could look like trouble to some, but could also be seen by some players as literally making a runway for them. Especially when it's not a transfer epidemic, but localized at specifically their position.

Poe

Reaction Score
The favorite boy band is key stat. Based on this Shannon should be a priority.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Give me Shannon and hope we can scoop Xavier decommit Tyrell Ward. We need to bring some dudes into this program to offset Hurley's strstegic gaps. Tired of watching us nut up when the going gets tough.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Give me Shannon and hope we can scoop Xavier decommit Tyrell Ward. We need to bring some dudes into this program to offset Hurley's strstegic gaps. Tired of watching us nut up when the going gets tough.

Ward is a nova type player too.

Great fit

I’m still hoping Claude Desmond decommits too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thanks for this. It’s too much to keep straight otherwise.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
who wants to be the starting PG on this UConn team? Seems like a question that should draw interest from ballers in the portal. if not...

Reaction Score
who wants to be the starting PG on this UConn team? Seems like a question that should draw interest from ballers in the portal. if not...
Wondering how we get the good offense when we stress defense.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I was thinking more of the "we're bluebloods" conversation, actually. If Dook or NC or UK needed a starting PG, I'm pretty sure they'd have their pick of the "late signing period". Yet there are people here who would argue UConn as bluebloods, who have also decided that Sool and Gaffney leaving are signs of the downfall of the program. The drama is incredible.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because guys who can't defend don't have pro careers, or even much success in college.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn was 58th in team scoring defense this year. Villanova was 19th. Houston was 3rd. Sasser was averaging 17..7 ppg before getting injured. Edwards averaged >15. We know all about Gillespie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom