2022 Recruiting: New updates | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: New updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i'm sorry but this maybe the dumbest boneyard post of the year so far...Jersey PGs like jay williams, kyrie irving, and bobby hurley were part of Coach K's "winning formula" but they wouldnt have been good enough for Calhoun?

That’s why I said mostly. Jay Will and Kyrie were top 5 guys out of high school. Those are can’t miss prospects.

If we were offering that quality of a point guard recruit from the state, I wouldn’t comment. If we’re going to offer fringe 4 star guys, I would prefer from the recruiting areas I mentioned.

PS: I think we should recruit JJ Starling.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That was me hyping up Kwin during the OLlie era to bring excitement to the fanbase. We needed it to get through that miserable era. Good try though.

Everyone on the yard knows I’ve been right a lot.

1592766326086.png

Reaction Score
That was me hyping up Kwin during the OLlie era to bring excitement to the fanbase. We needed it to get through that miserable era. Good try though.

Everyone on the yard knows I’ve been right a lot.
When did it become impossible for people to just say.....I was wrong. Instead you were doing your duty as a UConn fan to hype up the fanbase
Come on

Reaction Score
Connecting positions on a basketball court to a geographical area is just not smart.

As for ratings, even under the best of circumstances, most coaches know 1-40 or so are pretty reliable. After that, the rankings become way more collapsible and a lot less meaningful. Recruiting experts follow trends and hype, too; they’re not immune.

Under these particular circumstances, with the lack of direct observation, I’m giving even less weight to stars or getting worked up about a fringe four or a four star. For the class of ‘22 especially, this would have been the summer to solidify their ranking and start pulling in bigger offers. We’ve seen it over and over- a guy enters Peach Jam or whatever with some A10 and AAC offers and comes out with half the ACC or Big Ten offering him. Coaches are doing what they can to put out tape on their guys, but it’s not the same. More than ever, college coaches are going to have to depend on and trust their connections and use their own assessments. I feel good about this particular staff in that situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm reading through the posts in this thread now and there are some absolutely hilarious takes. I mean seriously there are a lot of people on here that were just absolutely delusional.

Reaction Score
To cap off our talk, I asked Harris to give his own scouting report, if he were the opposing coach how would he break himself down?

“Great point guard at 6-foot-4 with athleticism. I can score on all levels and my main goal is to get my teammates going and giving them the ball in spots that they can do well in.”

Reaction Score

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I would think Alabama would be on him pretty heavy since Oats knew him from his days at UB.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Once June 30th hits, I think we can stop calling him and other 2022s "sophomore."

Reaction Score
If there's no school until January they all remain frozen in time like Walt Disney and Ted WIlliams' head.

Reaction Score
it's been a week (but feels like an eternity) with no recruiting news so i'm just gonna go ahead and ask it- if there's no season what are the chances bouk comes back for his junior year?

i'm asking because if Hurley thinks he only needs to fill 3 schollys then he can wait until next summer to sign a reclass, a transfer, and a grad transfer, or some combo thereof (meaning he wouldnt have to waste time recruiting anyone currently in the class of 2021)

it's hard to imagine not signing the next recruit for a full calendar year but if Hurley thinks this is how things are going to play out then it makes sense to not worry about '21 for now and go all in on '22

Reaction Score
Serious question.. If there is no season.. Will NCAA consider the 2020 season "a year played"?? Or will athletes not lose a year of eligibility for a season they did not play in?? BTW..Still optimistic that some form of a season will be played in 2020..

Reaction Score
If there is no season, does Polley and Akok redshirt due to coming off of an injury? Just a random thought.

Reaction Score
If there is no season, does Polley and Akok redshirt due to coming off of an injury? Just a random thought.

The rules are being formed but I'm hearing about there being no penalties for students not attending even secondary schools this year.

I anticipate leaves being granted without loss of scholarships for regular students, and NY state has time requirements for its free tuition program, and that will change too.

In the next month, we'll see everything revised.

Reaction Score
it's been a week (but feels like an eternity) with no recruiting news so i'm just gonna go ahead and ask it- if there's no season what are the chances bouk comes back for his junior year?

i'm asking because if Hurley thinks he only needs to fill 3 schollys then he can wait until next summer to sign a reclass, a transfer, and a grad transfer, or some combo thereof (meaning he wouldnt have to waste time recruiting anyone currently in the class of 2021) it's hard to imagine not signing the next recruit for a full calendar year but if Hurley thinks this is how things are going to play out then it makes sense to not worry about '21 for now and go all in on '22
If James Bouknight’s last game for us was a 4-pt AAC road win in front of 1,800 fans at Tulane, this would top the George Mason game in the list of Connecticut Basketball tragedies.

To make things worse, it’s also worth noting that Bouk was being guarded by a murderer. #AACRising

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Scientists just discovered that there is something about the water in NJ that makes it impossible to be an effective point guard.
Strangely, they are good enough to be hyped or even over -hyped which reeks of conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom