2022 Recruiting: New updates | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: New updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recent offer: 2022 J.J. Starling, a 6'3/6'4 PG from Baldwinsville, NY.
- Averaged 29 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists last year
- ESPN 60: #57, 4-star; Rivals: #91, 4-star
- Other offers: Alabama, SJU, Syracuse, Providence, Washington
- Plays on Albany City Rocks, Andre Jackson's former AAU team

This is the point guard we should be heavily going after. JJ is really good.

I’m not a fan of all these Jersey point guards that we’ve offered. We need to look in NY, PA, and Mass for our lead guard.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is the point guard we should be heavily going after. JJ is really good.

I’m not a fan of all these Jersey point guards that we’ve offered. We need to look in NY, PA, and Mass for our lead guard.

No, we need to look wherever Coach Dan Hurley thinks we should look. You do not know better than he does.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley was a Jersey PG

Jersey point guards are highly overrated for the most part. This group of Jersey guards we have offered aren’t any good for UCONN level.

UCONN success has come from recruiting NY, New England, and PA/DMV guards. We have a winning formula that has worked as shown by Calhoun. We should stick to that.

PS: I would prioritize JJ Starling.

Reaction Score
Jersey point guards are highly overrated for the most part. This group of Jersey guards we have offered aren’t any good for UCONN level.

UCONN success has come from recruiting NY, New England, and PA/DMV guards. We have a winning formula that has worked as shown by Calhoun. We should stick to that.

Wow this post is a steaming pile of horse crap. Add the state of Minnesota to your accepted PG state. I mean is this nonsense honestly something you believe? The 9 states directly surrounding NJ are ok to recruit PGs in but cross that state line and they stink? I’d be willing to bet some of these guards on Patterson or Roselle Catholic are actually from NY....what then? I also trust you’ve seen these Jersey guards play numerous times and you know all of their games inside and out right? Just a preposterously awful post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Our starting PG this season is from NJ

Reaction Score
Our starting PG this season is from NJ

I’m talking about where they play their high school ball. Jersey guards aren’t anything special. Jersey has decent small forwards and big guys.

Gaffney became a better player and finished his career in Pennsylvania.

Reaction Score
PG proficiency is about attitude/mentality/BB Intelligence..It's not state specific.. A good one is a good one.. KEA was never the most gifted player from a physical perspective.. Produced pretty good results..Can he make the team better when he's on the floor??Feel good about our PGs for 2020/2021..

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yikes bad AND inaccurate take

Reaction Score
I’m talking about where they play their high school ball. Jersey guards aren’t anything special. Jersey has decent small forwards and big guys.

I'm talking about RJ Cole, who played his HS ball in NJ for Bob Hurley at St. Anthony's

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

It is so arrogant of you to think you know better than Dan Hurley and his staff. Seriously, check yourself.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about RJ Cole, who played his HS ball in NJ for Bob Hurley at St. Anthony's

RJ Cole was recruited by nobody but Howard out of high school.

We haven’t seen him play yet at this level and everybody here is proclaiming him the starter over Gaffney.

Reaction Score
i'm sorry but this maybe the dumbest boneyard post of the year so far...Jersey PGs like jay williams, kyrie irving, and bobby hurley were part of Coach K's "winning formula" but they wouldnt have been good enough for Calhoun?

Reaction Score
It is so arrogant of you to think you know better than Dan Hurley and his staff. Seriously, check yourself.

It’s not arrogance, but my opinion I’m giving. Hurley is the coach and will make the decisions.

However, I know for a program like ours these Jersey guards we have offered are no good. Our point guards need to be one of our best players on the team in order to compete for titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom