2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Angela Dugalic on UCLA announces she tore an ACL, really unfortunate since she missed a lot of last season with an injury

It wouldn't be UCLA without a key player on crutches.

She just barely got to play last year, but was a welcome addition in the front court when she made her late season debut. She did provide a lot of enthusiasm on the bench before that, and I am sure that she will have her teammates' backs once again.

For those wondering about the UCLA injury bug, I will just put out there that she injured the knee while preparing to represent Serbia in international play.

Reaction Score
Jessika Carter listed as a pre-season second team all-star. What a jump from what was going on last season. Really hope she has a great season with all that she's been dealing with.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
SEC Media Poll is out:
Oh wow! South Carolina picked #1 and TN and LSU round out the top 3. Knock me over with a feather.

I haven't followed every team to know who got what from the transfer portal, but I'll be surprised if Georgia doesn't finish higher than 9th. I know Coach Abe got a few of her veterans, including Diamond Battles, to follow her to Athens. Other teams will NOT enjoy playing them.

Edit: Okay I just looked at their roster and I see Audrey Warren transferred to UGA -- stylistically that couldn't be more perfect match. I also see they got Kari Niblack from WV, and that is an excellent get for their interior play. She and Brittney Smith will make a very good interior duo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s pretty evident not much effort went into those polls/predictions

Not like it matters anyways

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
PRESEASON MEDIA PREDICTIONS

Order of Finish
1. South Carolina
2.Tennessee
3. LSU
4. Arkansas
5. Ole Miss
6. Florida
7. Kentucky
8. Mississippi State
9. Georgia
10. Alabama
11. Texas A&M
12. Missouri
13. Auburn
14. Vanderbilt

Preseason SEC Player of the Year
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina

Preseason All-SEC First Team
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Rickea Jackson, Tennessee
Jordan Horston, Tennessee
Tamari Key, Tennessee

Preseason All-SEC Second Team
Brittany Davis, Alabama
Alexis Morris, LSU
Angel Reese, LSU
Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
Hayley Frank, Missouri

Reaction Score
I'm not sold on Ole Miss finishing that high. They basically have an all new roster with the portal. Madison Scott (I accidentally typed Reese earlier) is a solid talent but I think we will see just how good of a coach she is this year, for better or worse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think 3 all SEC first team from Tennessee seems highly unlikely. I could see Reese make an appearance on the first team.
I had the same thought. One of UTs could easily make it but all three will need to improve and have consistent seasons to make first team.

Reaction Score
I think 3 all SEC first team from Tennessee seems highly unlikely. I could see Reese make an appearance on the first team.
I would have swapped R Jackson and J Horston with A Reese and A Morris or A Hayes. However I like T Key’s game a lot. At this point having J Carter on second team might be a stretch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Arkansas at #4? Anybody else think that's too high? They added some pieces from the portal, but lost Goforth to medical retirement I thought (she's still listed on the roster). They just weren't very good last year. Oh, lost leading scorer Ramirez from last year as well.

Reaction Score
I would have swapped R Jackson and J Horston with A Reese and A Morris or A Hayes. However I like T Key’s game a lot. At this point having J Carter on second team might be a stretch.
Morris over horston i doubt will happen with the stat line Horston is capable of putting up Pts Rebs * double double and then Assists , Morris will just be a scorer and not a highly efficient one. Jackson vs Reese is an interesting one ill wait til they both respectfully suit up and play for their new teams. Easily could be swapped imo but easily could not .

Reaction Score
Agree that the voters undervalue UGA and over-value Ole Miss.

I was puzzled about TAMU being so low until I remembered (thanks, Google) that Jordan Nixon has hung up her sneaks.

The injury bug is really salient, as well, with 3/5 of Vandy's projected starting line up now out for the season, and Zippy Broughton out, as well.

Reaction Score

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Oh wow! South Carolina picked #1 and TN and LSU round out the top 3. Knock me over with a feather.

I haven't followed every team to know who got what from the transfer portal, but I'll be surprised if Georgia doesn't finish higher than 9th. I know Coach Abe got a few of her veterans, including Diamond Battles, to follow her to Athens. Other teams will NOT enjoy playing them.

Edit: Okay I just looked at their roster and I see Audrey Warren transferred to UGA -- stylistically that couldn't be more perfect match. I also see they got Kari Niblack from WV, and that is an excellent get for their interior play. She and Brittney Smith will make a very good interior duo.
Warren has been a favorite. I like watching players who give it their all and then some.

Reaction Score

Damn..................Prince has been snake bitten with injuries.

Looks like Phillipina Kyei will be pressed into major playing time sooner than expected. Don't know enough about Van Slooten and Basham to know how they'll fill in.

Reaction Score
Damn..................Prince has been snake bitten with injuries.

Looks like Phillipina Kyei will be pressed into major playing time sooner than expected. Don't know enough about Van Slooten and Basham to know how they'll fill in.
I pick Kyei to be at least 2nd team all conf.

Reaction Score
I pick Kyei to be at least 2nd team all conf.
While I appreciate your enthusiasm for her, that's a big jump from last season. Interested in your perspective as to why.

I didn't get to see much of Oregon's games and stats never paint the entire picture. From what I was able to see Globl Jam and FIBA World's, there's potential but is she potential second team all-star with the competition in the PAC-12? I don't see her there just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom