2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Baylor's Dre'Una Edwards

We expect Bickle back within the next few weeks, it’s going to be a couple of weeks for sure, maybe even three,” said Collen. “Ericka is a little day-to-day and we’re looking at as early as a week, as long as two weeks potentially. Dre’Una is an eligibility situation.”

Reaction Score
Baylor's Dre'Una Edwards

We expect Bickle back within the next few weeks, it’s going to be a couple of weeks for sure, maybe even three,” said Collen. “Ericka is a little day-to-day and we’re looking at as early as a week, as long as two weeks potentially. Dre’Una is an eligibility situation.”

I know there's only so much they can say publicly, but it would be interesting to know if the eligibility situation is related to Edwards using the transfer portal once already. How this rule works for those to transfer a second time still seems unclear to me. Hopefully it gets resolved in her favour soon.

Reaction Score
I know there's only so much they can say publicly, but it would be interesting to know if the eligibility situation is related to Edwards using the transfer portal once already. How this rule works for those to transfer a second time still seems unclear to me. Hopefully it gets resolved in her favour soon.
I think she sat out a year when she first transferred to Kentucky but maybe I’m mistaken. If she did sit out, I don’t think she’d have to this year.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think she sat out a year when she first transferred to Kentucky but maybe I’m mistaken. If she did sit out, I don’t think she’d have to this year.
Edwards didn’t sit out a year. But I thought that rule was dead?

Reaction Score

I thought so too (with respect to both comments) as I recall there have been different interpretations.

@SCGamecock Which rule are you referring to? I'm not exactly sure if the unlimited transfers was approved. Per this article from August, it may not be however I've given up trying to keep track of the changes.

"While the unlimited transfer rule was declined, the board created a more flexible process for athletes to apply for immediate eligibility waivers outside of the one-time transfer rule with considerations given to athlete welfare and well-being. "

Reaction Score
She did redshirt that 2019-2020 season at Kentucky. So she theoretically shouldn't be punished for transferring a 2nd time, but it's the NCAA who are notoriously illogical with their decision making.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't have to be worried about all that "NCAA official transfer rules" nonsense. ;)

Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell has transferred twice without having to sit out any years. I don't know why Edwards is having an eligibility issue unless it has something to do with grades.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She did redshirt that 2019-2020 season at Kentucky. So she theoretically shouldn't be punished for transferring a 2nd time, but it's the NCAA who are notoriously illogical with their decision making.
I think the poster was talking about after she transferred to Baylor. She didn’t sit out for a year as the rule used to require.

I have no idea what the official transfer rule is now. I can recall them allowing transfer with immediate eligibility during the pandemic, but was that just a one time thing or is it permanent? I don’t even think the NCAA knows lol

Reaction Score
I know there have been players who have transferred more than once and played . Not sure how that works.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Elzy suspended Edwards for academic reasons twice while at Kentucky but I'm still thinking she eventually gets approved to play at some point.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It’s grades
I was also thinking that it must be academic-related. But, if she spent one year at Utah, and 3 years at Kentucky, I just assumed she received her undergraduate degree from Kentucky before leaving for Baylor; I didn't pay attention if she grad-transferred to Baylor.

If she arrived at Baylor for the summer session(s), those grades/credits would have been solidified in late August. So, the Fall semester starts, and it's more than half completed; but, "grades" aren't solidified until mid December.

So, I'm definitely confused on her situation.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If you listen to this interview with Collen starting at the 22 minute mark, the host indicates/speculates December 18 as the earliest Dre'Una Edwards could play. Makes me wonder if she's already been ruled ineligible for the entire Fall semester, and can't play until final exams have concluded at Baylor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not promising news on Blackwell

Definitely a “big blow” for Baylor losing best player. Also very sad for Aijah since she was on her way to having great season and is projected to be high WNBA draft pick in April.

Pray that she fully heals and can either return to Baylor next year or pursue WNBA career. So many serious injuries for this early in season……..

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Edwards' "eligibility situation" is not related to use of the transfer portal.

FWIW the year she didn't play after transferring to Kentucky was primarily because she tore her ACL near the end of her freshman year at Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom