2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You're not the only one. A fair representation of how much squinting was required from my end listed below. ;)

Staring George Costanza GIF

You mean you didn't recognize Houston Baptist? :p

1) Their husky is a softer, more gentle looking than others :)

2) Too many schools have husky mascots..... we need other dog breeds represented. Let UConn and UDub keep theirs.... How about the Houston Baptist Boerbol's, or the Northern Illinois Akita's ....

Reaction Score
I truly hope they wait until another year to schedule Baylor and LSU. The drama surrounding this match up would not be good for either school. I am sure Nicki who fought constant comparisons with Kim all last year and players on team who played for Kim would not want this.

I also doubt that Kim wants to go back and play Baylor now. Things have come out since Kim left and she was not on best terms with everyone at Baylor before she left…. The Baylor crowd would be very large and boisterous. Definitely would not be easy place for LSU to play.

They well could schedule these teams due to ratings but I imagine both teams hope not…
I disagree. Bring it on. Would've been fun for a neutral site game

Reaction Score
Judging by all the schedules it appears there isn’t a SEC/Big 12 challenge this year

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Judging by all the schedules it appears there isn’t a SEC/Big 12 challenge this year

Well it was going away eventually, to make way for the ACC - SEC challenge

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I still feel so shamed y'all. Lol we better not lose not one non conference game either.

I don't think Texas' is going to be much better. We seemed to have struck out on renewing series with Tennessee, and return game to Tucson not happening this season. Not sure Tara wants to renew our series as she has whined about Vic's physical defense.

We will be playing in a brand new arena, and so far there has been no leak that we'll host a Top 25 non-conference opponent. In the Bahamas tournament, we could get Tennessee, UCLA, and/or Louisville. But, still, none of those at home. I guess UConn on the road is big in itself.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I was wondering how the B1G's future severed relationship with ESPN/ABC will affect women's sports. ESPN's family of channels has been the best in quantity of women's hoops/volleyball/softball broadcasts. CBS will maybe air one or two women's hoops games a year; FS1 maybe the same or a couple more.

So, if I'm understanding the TV deals correctly, no B1G women's sports will be aired by ESPN's family of channels.

All of the Big Ten’s network partners, with the exception of NBC, will televise Big Ten men’s basketball games. The majority will be on the Big Ten Network (126 men’s basketball games) followed by Fox and FS1 (45 games), Peacock (32-to-47 games) and CBS (9-to-15 games).

The networks will also televise Big Ten’s women’s basketball games and Olympic sports contests.

Reaction Score
Well, this identifies one area where LSU can upgrade its program: social media content development.
Cringe city, plus terrible onscreen graphics.
Honestly LSUs social media game has been really good since the coaching change but could care less for this last one.

Ignoring the trash schedule there is too much purple. Kind of hard to see what team is what in the graphic. They do go overboard with the purple at times. They have done a great job growing their social media and promoting the program

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, this identifies one area where LSU can upgrade its program: social media content development.
Cringe city, plus terrible onscreen graphics.

Honestly LSUs social media game has been really good since the coaching change but could care less for this last one.

Ignoring the trash schedule there is too much purple. Kind of hard to see what team is what in the graphic. They do go overboard with the purple at times. They have done a great job growing their social media and promoting the program

So it's their fault I still feel like this from yesterday?????

Reaction Score

So it's their fault I still feel like this from yesterday?????
We all saw it coming so you should have been prepared mentally :)

The sad part is they could have a legit really good team but it won't matter or mean much until they get to conference play and start playing better teams. It is what it is I guess. I guess I will settle for this instead of Fargas still running the ship.

Reaction Score

The sad part is they could have a legit really good team but it won't matter or mean much until they get to conference play and start playing better teams. It is what it is I guess. I guess I will settle for this instead of Fargas still running the ship.
Look on the bright side you all will be a Top 10 team by SEC play with your record. The voters see kim not the schedule so you all will be fine.

Reaction Score
Look on the bright side you all will be a Top 10 team by SEC play with your record. The voters see kim not the schedule so you all will be fine.
I don't worry about all that tbh. Eh they could potentially be a legit top 10 team but even so they don't deserve to be ranked that high until they beat high quality opponents. I'm sure they will be good, Kim will do a good job with whoever she has but from a fan perspective its disappointing.

In the end the rankings mean nothing. The total body of work and accomplishments after SEC play is finished will work itself out. Everyone's resume will be looked at fully by the committee.

Reaction Score

The schedule's "heft", I did. That's a Mulkey trait to the core.

I don't think it excuses their social media team for using graphics that almost had me call my optometrist ;)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
LSU is in the Goombay Splash????

Don't know what the event is - but cool name. Yes, I know it is a drink, but cool name for a tourney, as well.

Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

CBS will continue to air Big Ten men's basketball regular-season and tournament games, and will add the league's women's basketball tournament championship for the first time. Peacock will carry up to 47 men's basketball games (32 conference games) and 30 women's basketball games (20 conference games) per season.

Reaction Score
LSU is in the Goombay Splash????

Don't know what the event is - but cool name. Yes, I know it is a drink, but cool name for a tourney, as well.
goombay-splash-teams-web.jpg

Should be a fun trip for everyone being in the Bahamas. Wish LSU could have played someone else, they got the two worst teams of the entire thing.

Reaction Score
I wish ND and LSU were playing. I'm disappointed in both of their schedules.
I second this. This would be an interesting head to head match up based on their rosters.

Reaction Score

Baylor released their non-conference schedule. They play Maryland and Arizona, and a possible matchup against Villanova but that’s pretty much it, pretty easy schedule

Reaction Score
I don't wanna hear a darn thing about Duke's non-conference schedule.
Preparing us for NC&T , Wofford , Alabama A&M , UT - Corpus Christie ? Lol jk Kara should be able to put a very competitive schedule next season with the players she will have imo .

Reaction Score
Am I wrong in thinking that schedules with non-conference opponents are usually planned out several years ahead of when they are announced/played ?

Reaction Score
Am I wrong in thinking that schedules with non-conference opponents are usually planned out several years ahead of when they are announced/played ?

Only if the play a home and home. Most times it’s done the year before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog