2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now this right here brings tears to my eyes :(

Boykin Announces Career-Ending Injury on Thursday Closing Out Stellar Career

Former Duke player Mikayla Boykin's college career is over after her 5th ACL tear in the past 8 years.:(

A little background, was the #1 rated recruit early in her high school career, committed to Duke early, tore her ACL her sophomore year, tore it again her Junior year. Played her senior year and led her team to the State Championship and was named the game's MVP. Broke Shea Ralph's state record for most points scored in a season and was named Gatorade State player of the year.

Enrolled at Duke, tore a ACL her freshman season, tore the other ACL the next season, came back her junior season and was a key player down the stretch for us. Her Senior year was cut short when Duke ended its season early. She earned her Duke degree and then did a grad transfer to Charlotte... and was a Second Team All-Conference performer last year and was a key part of a CUSA champion team... and now her career is over. :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Former Duke player Mikayla Boykin's college career is over after her 5th ACL tear in the past 8 years.:(

A little background, was the #1 rated recruit early in her high school career, committed to Duke early, tore her ACL her sophomore year, tore it again her Junior year. Played her senior year and led her team to the State Championship and was named the game's MVP. Broke Shea Ralph's state record for most points scored in a season and was named Gatorade State player of the year.

Enrolled at Duke, tore a ACL her freshman season, tore the other ACL the next season, came back her junior season and was a key player down the stretch for us. Her Senior year was cut short when Duke ended its season early. She earned her Duke degree and then did a grad transfer to Charlotte... and was a Second Team All-Conference performer last year and was a key part of a CUSA champion team... and now her career is over. :(

Gutted. :( But hearing how she's thankful for the opportunities basketball provided is heartwarming. She's got a great future ahead of her based on how she comes across in this video.

Reaction Score

The world is so unfair sometimes and I hate that we can hear the hurt in her voice. 5 ACL years in 8 years is insane and the fact she was able to find the will to continue playing, that speaks volumes on her will power.

Reaction Score
Well, her mom and dad both follow Northam on Twitter, so I suspect that the "source familiar" maybe be inside the house. They would certainly have had the opportunity to correct him, if not.

Reaction Score
Wondering if something happened to DePaul's Aneesah Morrow ?
She scored 2 points, 1 for 7 in fg's, in only 14 minutes of play today against Howard.

Reaction Score
I think there have been more injuries than ever this season.
It definitely feels like it has. There also is Latasha Lattimore, however I'm not sure if Miami has posted anything on social media. Heard some chatter through some people but had to search and confirm.

"Note: UM sophomore forward Latasha Lattimore will miss the remainder of the 2022-23 season due to an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury sustained earlier this month. A transfer from the University of Texas, Lattimore was averaging 7.7 points and 3.2 rebounds through nine games."

Reaction Score

And the injuries continue, sad news for Moore and Texas

I never remember a season with this many injuries and conference play has not even started……. Feel bad for the players and the teams. I am not sure what is causing this huge number of injuries. It seems like there are several a week and many are season ending…….

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
And VT confirms why and how long Ashley Owusu will be out due to broken pinky.
Will obviously miss this weekend's game with Notre Dame and Brooks expects her back somewhere in the midst of the ACC schedule.

If she's able to come back in, say February, she could have time to (once again) mesh with VT. In the meantime, Taylor Soule (from Boston College) will lead that charge at the forward slot, joining post Liz Kitley, point guard Georgia Amoore and long-distance slinger Cayla King.

Reaction Score
It definitely feels like it has. There also is Latasha Lattimore, however I'm not sure if Miami has posted anything on social media. Heard some chatter through some people but had to search and confirm.

"Note: UM sophomore forward Latasha Lattimore will miss the remainder of the 2022-23 season due to an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury sustained earlier this month. A transfer from the University of Texas, Lattimore was averaging 7.7 points and 3.2 rebounds through nine games."

I agree it certainly feels that way. That really sucks for Lattimore and Miami she was progressing well. I saw that injury - looked like she just landed awkwardly on one leg while driving to the hoop. Still waiting on Oldacre to play in her first game. She could be a real game changer for them.

Reaction Score
Oregons Grace Vanslooten is a good one.

• 27.5 ppg , 7.5 rpg, 60.0 fg% last week

• 3rd player on Pac-12 history to sweep both awards

• 1st since Sabrina Ionescu did so in 2017

• 1 of 2 freshmen nationally averaging at least 16 pts, 6 rebs and 2 asts/game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors